Author Topic: Trip to the USA.  (Read 160777 times)

Offline 52

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Trip to the USA.
« Reply #150 on: December 14, 2011, 05:38:46 pm »
Hate to start boring everybody again, but I have just recieved some great news, I HAVE SCORED A RIDE ON A REAL LIFE CHAMPION TRIUMPH 750 for the Kanzas Fair Series in August 2012.
Have been talking to Wild Will from Flattrack.com and will be his team mate riding for Tom Laird (LA Racing) an ex-racer who prepares a couple of really quick Triumphs. Bill Davis is kindly loaning the ute again so all is looking good for 2012. Will hosts a chat line on Flattrack.com on wednesday night, works out to Thursday early afternoon here, and is anouncing the news on the web site. Rapt.

Offline Slider29

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 14, 2011, 06:37:10 pm »
Thats great news Pete! Congratulations. I can remember when you missed out  back in the '70's and how pissed off you must have been. Cream  always rises to the top mate.,,, your time has come . Regards   Mark

Curly3

« Reply #152 on: December 14, 2011, 09:33:37 pm »
As if we weren't already jealous  >:(
Way to go Tex.

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 20, 2012, 08:54:07 pm »
I've been talking to Pete on the phone as I have had computer troubles, all good now, and have now got the update info on his trip to the USA for this year, thanks for bearing with me , Pete.

OK , we'll start with a shot of Pete's team mate for this year, Wild Will Kelley #6, chasin' the King in 1975.

Check this out Alan, that's my new team mate in the US this year (Willard Kelley aka Wild Will on www.flattrack.com)racing Kenny Roberts in 1975. That's the King on a Yam and Will on Triumph No 6, how cool is that. Can you post it on the website mate, still amazed about the amount of interest generated by racin overseas, I have nominated for an Australia Day award locally.

Next , here's Pete's ride for this year

Just a pic of Tom Lairds Champion Triumph I will be riding in the Kanzas series, there is another big meeting in Minnesota that i may be able to ride as well (a Vintage meet with $20,000 prizemoney, unreal). Am going to miss the Ameteur Nationals this that I had planned on riding a modern in (date moved apparently very unusual to have it at the end of winter).Probably safer for me to stick with what I know mate. There will plenty of meetings to do as the calender has only started to get together.
Check out the business card, big time! Really not out of place over there. SMS cost 50 cent internationally

And, of course, Pete's business card, Pete tells me that all the riders have one, onya Pete, go the Aussie !!

Great stuff, Pete and we'll have more updates as they come in to the Abercrombie River Newsroom !!

Foss

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 20, 2012, 09:06:21 pm »
This is a bit off topic , but I know Pete won't mind as it is Vintage Flat Track or should I say Dinosaur Flat Track, what a beaut line-up of old Flatheads.

Foss

Offline Grasy 6

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 20, 2012, 10:46:31 pm »
Gettin sick of that # 6 being behind that Lee bloke. So gunna buy a bike for him in the USA as long as it has # 6 on it. Looking at a Champion Framed XL350 Pat Orman 442cc for the old bloke to ride whislt over there then ship it on back here(quiet sure my wife would love it in the lounge room). If Pete can bring it back in one piece(the engine bit I mean). Good luck mate
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 07:42:48 am by Grasy 6 »

Curly3

« Reply #156 on: February 20, 2012, 10:51:11 pm »
If ya can't beat em, join em.

Offline Grasy 6

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 20, 2012, 10:58:24 pm »
Hey Steve Na saw the bike so I thought the old bloke might as well ride it (as we know he can) before I get it sent over. Pete will do us proud then the bugger will come back & have a crack at Canberra Titles will be good.Hope he forgets there is a right hander in the equation.

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 21, 2012, 05:53:22 am »
dave i can help you get the bike back here or even just parts.is it the one on vtf

Offline 52

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 21, 2012, 12:46:21 pm »
Yes it is Jim, can you believe him? Thanks Grasy, you are a champion mate.

Curly3

« Reply #160 on: February 21, 2012, 02:41:16 pm »
Jim, if it comes to Ashfield like your other gear, we'll pick it up & take it out to Nepean to put it through it's paces then strip it down to copy whats been done to it.
Then send it on to Grasy in boxes. ;D

P.S. Don't forget Pete, nothing rev's harder than someone elses bike.

Tom Laird

« Reply #161 on: February 22, 2012, 04:11:34 pm »
Pete,If you could talk your Mate Grasy into coming,We can find him a ride ,too.My Friend in Salina ,KS has several really fast dirt trackers. and several others would be honored to give him a ride. How about it ,Grasy. Ready to "Buck The Tiger ?" as they used to say in the Old West. There are lots of things to see in TX,OK and Kansas. I think Roger or Larry K. have some stuff sitting around thats pretty fast,too. Jerry Cheney will be there with his fast Hondas also.
Anyway,We'll fit you in somewhere.

.  Tom Laird. The old ,beat up Retired Racer Formerly known as 74n

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 22, 2012, 05:16:11 pm »
Go for it Grasy !!!

Curly3

« Reply #163 on: February 22, 2012, 05:39:55 pm »
You know you want to. ;)

Offline Grasy 6

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 22, 2012, 09:19:20 pm »
Hi Tom not this year sorry ,promised Pete I would come this year but ,got a beautiful wife that wanted some house renovations so took the right option. Will be there next year but. But did get Ol Pete a rocket to ride.As they say keep the rubber down & bars horizontial. I beleive you know Randy & the bike.
Cheers Grasy