Author Topic: the rain  (Read 47503 times)

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: the rain
« Reply #135 on: January 14, 2011, 10:53:40 PM »
sorry to hear guys, Jackie.  See Tassie is copping a bit the same currently - Railton underwater?
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 14, 2011, 11:40:32 PM »
Elmore Vic on banks of the peaceful Campaspe river...... :) Major Flood level notice posted... >:( Cheers
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 15, 2011, 01:42:44 PM »
Please be careful out there..
Stevens work mate, lost his brother yesterday to Electricity in Qld.
cheers A
Best is in the West !!

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 15, 2011, 06:56:45 PM »
I was back cleaning today and after I'd had enough I went for a drive around the neigbourhood for a sticky beak. Pretty devastating, it looks like that sunarmi a few years ago in Asia....theres rubbish piled up everywhere. Rad hard-chroming where totally submerged so if you have a job in there at the moment I would be patient about contacting them for a week or so. Theres still no power in our area.I have had alot of friends contact me about helping to clean up but since we have it under control I have steered them to help someone who needs it more than me....which is alot of people....it's amazing how many people are out there helping each other and they dont even know them....NSW are gonna get smashed 3 nil in the state of origin again this year....QLD spirit ;)
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 15, 2011, 07:28:44 PM »
pleased to see you've had help John,

if anybody needs a truck driver, I have a National Multi Combination licence and more than willing to drive a rig for someone,

Cheers Trev, 0400 679 218

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 15, 2011, 08:53:30 PM »
Shite, I was going to call Rad Shockies for a fork rebuild last week but I thought he might have been in it up to his knees. Will have to wait a couple of weeks now.
Take care in the mud you lot, I have got a terrible guts ache and bad sneezes at the moment proably from some bug in that muck, and it's greazier than a pork chop to drive on.
Speaking of pork chops, how many new Australians do you see lining up to help out in the lines of volunteers/ not many from my count of tv coverage and only one or two asians. Count them next time it's on the news.

mainline

« Reply #141 on: January 15, 2011, 09:08:39 PM »
complete bullshit!! , all ethicities helping out at chelmer today. All ages too.

Offline jackiemac

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 15, 2011, 10:55:23 PM »
Got back into the house today :o :o :o the ceiling was on the floor, along with 3 inches of mud, the place was a shit fight (can I say that on the forum) funny thing the cars were in the exact same spot we left them in, our property was untouched by large floating objects, we think the trees around the house may have prevented that, the shed hmmm ugly! but Gaz got on to the bikes straight away. Took heaps of piccies unfortunately can't find the attachments to download to the computer, I think I grabbed the wrong bag ::). We salvaged the little mans (grandson) teddy bears and we also found his wallet with his pocket money still in it  :D ;D clothes, well thats a real problem, looks as though I'll have to go shopping :D ;D killed a brown snake, and was fed by our little angel Denise, what a day.

Strangely still smiling :)
Jackie Mac
Be kind to your neighbour!!

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 15, 2011, 11:02:20 PM »
Jackie Mac, what suburb u in. Will your insurance cover you at all??
Brett
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline jackiemac

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 15, 2011, 11:17:25 PM »
Hi Brett, we are in Bundamba, the insurance will cover it, they basically already had a claim number for us when we contacted them, can you believe that :o we didn't have content insurance ::) but the house and cars are covered :)

Keep Smiling :)
Jackie Mac
Be kind to your neighbour!!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 15, 2011, 11:45:09 PM »
they basically already had a claim number for us when we contacted them, can you believe that
Jackie Mac
GEEZ are they always fast at everything in Queensland-A Graders   ;D  ;D

Just in from Victoria-if you love Devondale on ya toast  :'(
in trouble is the giant Murray Goulburn (a.k.a Devondale) milk processing plant Australia's largest export dairy making facility.
cheers A
Best is in the West !!

Offline brent j

• Legend
  • Darwin, NT. Suzuki tragic, RL250M TS90MX PE250B
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 16, 2011, 12:10:56 AM »
Elmore Vic on banks of the peaceful Campaspe river...... :) Major Flood level notice posted... >:( Cheers

We've seen flood warnings for Rochester, even up here, and you're not far from there I understand.

I hope the water stays away TIm

All the best

Brent
The older I get, the faster I was

Offline Bamford#69

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 16, 2011, 12:26:38 AM »
Hi , the flood in Norman Park got within 6 feet of the garage, All the workshop had been emptied the day before so no loss or wet stuff, just stinking mud /sewage through the lawn and hedge out the front , My unlucky neighbours had floodwater all through the houses , spent the last couple of days water blasting and ripping out wall boards, and shoveling mud ,no sparks for two days but we had gas water and stoves, just need to empty the spare bedrooms , full of bike parts, now , and restock the workshop, but that can be later ,
 Will catch up with Gazza and Jac tomorrow,
cheers   
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 09:23:17 AM by jikov »

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 16, 2011, 12:33:08 AM »
The lighter side COW ON ROOF

Glad to hear everyone is OK.
Jesus only loves two strokes

oldfart

« Reply #149 on: January 16, 2011, 09:31:16 AM »
DO NOT .... use your gas Please.... until  your appliances  have been checked over and regs. serviced.