Author Topic: the rain  (Read 47565 times)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: the rain
« Reply #120 on: January 13, 2011, 07:34:21 PM »
Hey Brad090 do you know how Burtie Cavell and the lovely Mrs Cavell have been through the floods as I have lost their phone number and can not contact them, any news would be good
Bert rang this am to tell me of Jackie,,,all good pm sent ,,cheers Alison

Aussie Aussie Aussie oi oi oi  8)
QUOTE::If you are in Perth - Cam Wilkie of Cambuild is organising relief trucks for QLD. 1st one leaving Jan 14. If you can spare any items (non perishable food, dunny rolls etc) that may be of aid it would be greatly appreciated. You can Deliver to: 2/5 Leeway Ct, Osborne Park. please pack in box's and label.
Best is in the West !!

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #121 on: January 13, 2011, 08:58:31 PM »
Can someone please tell me if Kate street, Shorncliffe, Brisbane has been effectted by floods, if so how bad? i know someone up there (bike owner)

« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 09:10:00 PM by LWC82PE »
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 13, 2011, 09:16:50 PM »
I grew up on the edge of the Plenty river, it used to get floods every 5 years or so. We were well above the water line but Dad always had to rush down to save the pump.
I was always amazed at how when the water went down there would be a car body left in the rock pools. (Usually stolen & dumped upstream)
Next flood it would be a different car body in the same place.
And this was only a small river.
Any body that’s ridden through a swollen creek will understand the power of moving water.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

DR

« Reply #123 on: January 13, 2011, 09:28:20 PM »
pretty sure Shorncliffe is okay Leith. A fair way from the bne river mouth and not connected. If they live near the creek then like me they may have had some minor flooding in the initial downpour weeks ago with the big tides pushing it up but otherwise they should be totally unaffected by the Wivenhoe runoff.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 09:31:06 PM by Doc »

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 13, 2011, 09:52:16 PM »
Did you cop anymore Doc?
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

DR

« Reply #125 on: January 13, 2011, 09:55:33 PM »
Nope, nothing thankfully John. Big tide has more of an effect us here but only when combined with extremely heavy down pours. Very very lucky this time ;)

Offline pmc57

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 13, 2011, 10:02:34 PM »
John (Davey Crocket), how did you fair at the workshop? I saw some pics of the flooding of Beaudesert Road at Coopers Plains today and i thought you may have got a bit flowing through. If you did hopefully you had everything up high.

Pete

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 13, 2011, 10:09:18 PM »
The only thing I didnt see floating down the river was any Rare VMX stuff. I had a look at work today and the flood stopped at our street, a 100 metres away where about 50 brand new Hino's up to there windscreens...all the diesil floating away (you could smell it), another 50 metres and it was covering to the roofs of the buildings...50 more metres and it was up to the top of the traffic lights....scary shit watching water rise like that...it was like a bathtub filling (TMBill wont have seen that), before I left on Wednesday night it was rising at a rate of 200mm in 20 minutes...and we would be at least 10 km's from the rivers closest point. When you drive a couple of k's away you would think it's just another normal summers day in Brisbane and nothing was wrong.Pete, we coped about 500mm through the workshop, got 95% of everything up out of the way.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 13, 2011, 10:36:14 PM »
The only thing I didnt see floating down the river was any Rare VMX stuff.

Plenty of Esky's -thats VMX related  ;)  ;D

Hope you don't need a dingy this morning BigK and co. :(
cheers A
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 12:01:08 AM by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

Hoeds

« Reply #129 on: January 14, 2011, 04:12:33 PM »
Hi All,
When I work out how to attach photos I'll post some of the Cetenary Hi-way Jindalee area (Western suburbs of Brisbane)

« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 04:21:27 PM by hoeds »

Offline jackiemac

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 14, 2011, 04:31:22 PM »
Jacks back  :D ;D
now on wireless broadband ;) Well what an experience that was, firstly I would like to thank Graham Denise and Wayne Skyring who came to the rescue, Graham and Denise have been absolutely fantastic to us all through this, I can't thank them enough, how lucky are we too have such friends 8) thanks to Barb Smith who with Graham came back to Ipswich and picked us up after our rescue. To everyone who has contacted us with offers of help, from the bottom of my heart, I thank you :) we are still unable to get to out area, and believe that our house is still under water, firko I got the computer out unfortunately photo's lost, good news most are still on the computer ;) we are hoping to get at least near our house on the weekend, so after I get a grip and stop  :'( :'( I'll take some piccies and post them up.

Keep Smiling :)
Jackie Mac
Be kind to your neighbour!!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 14, 2011, 05:24:48 PM »
 :-*  :-* for Jackie 
Anyone heard from Pokey or big mac  ?
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 14, 2011, 08:41:30 PM »
Popeye was helping Tanya, Hittatrees passenger as her whole joint went under at Fig Tree pkt, got all her bikes out( so no VMX stuff floating down said river) but petrol powered pressure washer is under and lawn mower is safely in my shed  - bit of a slip-up there.
I just need some power(electrics) so I can get back to work and earn enough to keep the Wasp functioning. We missed the water by a meter or so at the back of the workshop- I offered the EML to the Gods as a sacrifice but they told me it was too unreliable to be an idol and cast it back on me. Maybe I could hook it to 240v to get the spark reliable-hang on, I've got none of that even......

monaro308

« Reply #133 on: January 14, 2011, 08:55:13 PM »
Glad you are all safe and ready to keep battling on and good spirits! top stuff  ;)

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 14, 2011, 09:28:22 PM »
Got home not long ago from cleaning up the mess, many thanks to 090 and a few other mates for putting in a big day. I got off pretty lightly compared to 1,000s of others. Should be up and running by Monday...still no power though.