Author Topic: the rain  (Read 48772 times)

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
Re: the rain
« Reply #105 on: January 12, 2011, 08:51:40 pm »
Lets this be a warning to others and just get out of there before its too late. Better to leave early with a few possesions than to hang around a bit longer to collect more but only end up loosing all your possessions, getting stranded or even worse. I think the death toll is only going to rise. I havent seen a update on Brisbane for the past few hours but they said its going to be worse than 74. I saw footage of Ipswitch today and complete houses were under water with just tips of roofs showing :o
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

oldfart

« Reply #106 on: January 12, 2011, 09:04:05 pm »
Graham , Thanks for your text message today and the offer.          I'm HIGH and dry and live on the South side  and if anyone requires bikes stored  PLEASE send me a Pm.

Offline wmc83

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 12, 2011, 09:05:05 pm »
Did anyone see the prediction for a cyclone to hit SEQ around aussie day on nine news I really hope there wrong as usual.

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 12, 2011, 09:59:41 pm »
Oh Phark, that's all we need!!

Offline hitatreeonce

• A-Grade
  • rather be an old fart than a young dickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 12, 2011, 10:13:48 pm »
same offer as oldfart will store anything for anyone I might not be able to help with clean up as my auntys passengers house went under

Offline hitatreeonce

• A-Grade
  • rather be an old fart than a young dickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 12, 2011, 10:15:12 pm »
should be an and inbetween aunty and passenger~!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 12, 2011, 10:40:09 pm »
should be an and inbetween aunty and passenger~!
I'm sure we all know you are offering help,no matter where or whom too !!
Kiwis also arriving into Brissy town to help out,good old ANZAC's.  8)

Can everyone post this message. Janine Mathis, has available Yards Stables for people not knowing where to take their horses. She has enough room to take 15 to 20 horses. She's at Caboolture. Pass on her phone No. 0418385774 if anyone needs emergency accommodation for their horses

How are all the Victorian's going with the 150 odd mills of rain ??
cheers A
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 11:06:53 pm by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline SUZUKI311

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 13, 2011, 12:48:37 am »
Vics are apparently goin to cop it today and the next few days, Kyneton in the centre of the state was hit 7.00pm last night with flash flood, not sure on damage at this stage. Weather forecast is for heavy rain, flash flooding widespread and gale force winds. Hope it changes...still pales in insignificance when compared to what our QLD friends have been hit with. Not to forget WA either, coping with wildfires. I believe the WA fires were deliberately lit in SEVEN different spots. If found the offender should be hung and gutted and left to rot.
1977 RM80B-UNDER CONSTRUCTION-(Still after 11 years !) 2017 KTM 350EXCF , 96 CBR600, . Member of Bendigo Motorcycle club since 1981, Viper No. 311 (old VMBA Number!!)

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 13, 2011, 08:51:29 am »
Hey Alision, my foot bridge at Conondale has been washed down river >:(

We will have to go up when we can get into the property and find it!

13.5 meters long and 1800 wide and 1500 deep, weight is 3 tonnes!

last seen going down stream.

I think I found your bridge,
I saw it on TV this morning, a tug was maneuvering on it down the Brisbane river :o
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 13, 2011, 09:11:29 am »
 :D  Even one of those tugs nearly ended up at sinking with debree hitting it while working .  :o
Hows some people knocking off boats in Qld  >:(

The authoritys never tell you if they arrest the arsonast-though we do know one person got two years for his part years back.Not enough. yep needs hanging  :P dead
cheers A
Best is in the West !!

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 13, 2011, 10:11:11 am »
Hows some people knocking off boats in Qld  >:(

well hell Alison the car thieves have to do something in an emergency ::)

Anyway looks like hell this morning, they are saying the river has peaked 5 meters so lets hope that the tide is on its way out again.
formerly Marc.com

firko

« Reply #116 on: January 13, 2011, 11:54:45 am »
Jackie mac and Garys house will be under by now,both cars will be gone
With Jackie Mac being a photographer and knowing how they're pack rats keeping everything, I hope Jackie managed to save her photo negs, prints and old school film archives. The digi stuff is most probably safe in a computer but the old school stuff takes up a shitload of room.  I was looking through my own archives this morning and I realised he many thousands of shots I''ve got and I'm not a proper photographer. It took us a whole day to move Bill Forsyths archives recently so even if Jackie has 5% of Bills stuff, it'll still be heaps.

It doesn't seem a very important thing when you consider she and Gary have lost a lot more but I'm sure she'll agree that her photos are an important part of her life and therefore irreplacable.

STW996

« Reply #117 on: January 13, 2011, 12:27:49 pm »
Hey Alision, my foot bridge at Conondale has been washed down river >:(

We will have to go up when we can get into the property and find it!

13.5 meters long and 1800 wide and 1500 deep, weight is 3 tonnes!

last seen going down stream.

I think I found your bridge,
I saw it on TV this morning, a tug was maneuvering on it down the Brisbane river :o

Nice one Geoff ;D

Wrong river, My brother lives in Gympie and the water flows to the Mary River that runs through Gympie so I have issed him a 50 dollar spotters fee to find it :D

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 13, 2011, 02:36:49 pm »
Can't have gone too far with all those trees in the creek at Conondale, being the wide and that heavy.
I must admit, I did wonder how long it would be there for when I walked over it at CD7. Bloody nice bit of work. Reminded me of an early Wasp chassis :D

Cyclone

« Reply #119 on: January 13, 2011, 07:31:20 pm »
Hey Brad090 do you know how Burtie Cavell and the lovely Mrs Cavell have been through the floods as I have lost their phone number and can not contact them, any news would be good