Author Topic: the rain  (Read 47486 times)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: the rain
« Reply #240 on: March 02, 2011, 12:41:45 AM »
Hope this never happens again in Australia's history ..The Deluge Gratham ABC Four Corners.
May the community spirit always be strong.
Best is in the West !!

Offline lukeb1961

• Legend
  • PE175N, RM80B, JR50C
    • View Profile
    • PE175N
« Reply #241 on: March 02, 2011, 07:44:06 AM »
Hope this never happens again in Australia's history
urm..  which?  Sydney hailstorm in '99, Newcastle earthquake in '89? Cyclone Tracy in '74? the Tassie fires in '67?  or do you mean the massive floods in Brisbane back in '74?  Just trying to understand which thing you are referring to! (and that is just the stuff I was around for)
Luke

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 02, 2011, 09:39:00 AM »
Hope this never happens again in Australia's history
urm..  which?  Sydney hailstorm in '99, Newcastle earthquake in '89? Cyclone Tracy in '74? the Tassie fires in '67?  or do you mean the massive floods in Brisbane back in '74?  Just trying to understand which thing you are referring to! (and that is just the stuff I was around for)
Luke
As you get older you see more of these.
Was telling the young fellas at work that Briz was going to flood .
They all thought I was an old wanker because the 23yr old EXPERTS said it couldn,t.
Can and will.
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 02, 2011, 11:08:16 AM »
A fair bit of water came down that hill (Toowoomba range) to do that much damage to Grantham et al...

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 04, 2011, 09:00:59 AM »
I lost me old mate in the grass the other day..lucky it gets mowed regular..  ;D  Not a blade in sight here in the south west..

Best is in the West !!

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 06, 2011, 02:07:30 PM »
And if a 16yr old kid gets caught with out a licence, they slap his wrist and send hin home.
If they send him to gaol, we should all break a law and go in there to support the poor bastard.

Offline oldskool

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 06, 2011, 08:30:52 PM »
its been all over the news today senior police giving interviews on 2mmm have said that there has never been or never will there be charges laid against him.he must have been confused and police were never going to charge him were the words that came from a senior police official and they want him to come foward to clear things up and garunteed charges will not be laid.cheers gary

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 24, 2011, 07:04:41 PM »
Got back into the house today :o :o :o the ceiling was on the floor, along with 3 inches of mud, the place was a shit fight (can I say that on the forum) funny thing the cars were in the exact same spot we left them in, our property was untouched by large floating objects, we think the trees around the house may have prevented that, the shed hmmm ugly! but Gaz got on to the bikes straight away. Took heaps of piccies unfortunately can't find the attachments to download to the computer, I think I grabbed the wrong bag ::). We salvaged the little mans (grandson) teddy bears and we also found his wallet with his pocket money still in it  :D ;D clothes, well thats a real problem, looks as though I'll have to go shopping :D ;D killed a brown snake, and was fed by our little angel Denise, what a day.
Strangely still smiling :)
Jackie Mac
Just wondering how it all went for you guys.
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline jackiemac

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 25, 2011, 04:16:12 PM »
Thanks for asking Mike52, we were lucky and insurance payed us out. In the process of moving back onto the property, the house is still a shit fight but at least now we can start the renovations :)

Keep Smiling :)
Jackie
Be kind to your neighbour!!

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 26, 2011, 07:52:47 AM »
It'll be ready in time for next years deluge.

mx250

« Reply #250 on: May 26, 2011, 08:44:39 AM »
Last night's ABC News reports that it is predicted that the El Nino effect will be 'normal' for the next few years and extreme weather conditions are not expected ;).

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 24, 2011, 08:40:14 PM »
Yeah, we flushed it out last year to make a good impression for Madge.
Isn't nature wonderful.

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 24, 2011, 08:45:14 PM »
Last night's ABC News reports that it is predicted that the El Nino effect will be 'normal' for the next few years and extreme weather conditions are not expected ;).
Now 24/10/11 and they have now changed their minds.  ::)
Tonights News - fantastic turn out on the Brisbane River today for Elizabeth....  8)

Long live the Queen    ;D
Love the QUEEN.
The ultimate Aussy ruler.
1. She never tells us what to do.
2. You hardly ever see her.
3. Poms pay most of her bills.
4. She works her ass off .
5. Wears nice hats. [ compared with someone I won't mention ]

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 24, 2011, 09:58:36 PM »
hehe... MX250s quote from May

Last night's ABC News reports that it is predicted that the El Nino effect will be 'normal' for the next few years and extreme weather conditions are not expected

What's BOM reckon now?

Conditions in the tropical Pacific Ocean are consistent with the early stages of a late-forming La Niña event. If the current cooling persists, as is expected, then 2011-12 will be recorded as the second La Niña in as many years. Current observations and model predictions indicate that this La Niña is likely to be weaker than the strong 2010-11 event.

La Niña events raise the odds of above average rainfall across northern and eastern Australia, but do not guarantee it. Oceans surrounding Australia’s north are currently close to or cooler than average, which is less favourable for widespread rainfall than at this time in 2010, when they were much warmer than normal. Similarly, the latest observations from the Indian Ocean show a positive dipole event. A positive dipole event increases the chance of below average rainfall over south-eastern and central Australia during spring.

Get used to muddy events huh?

Taka 100

« Reply #254 on: October 24, 2011, 11:08:28 PM »
recross from nowra nsw has soft terain tyres that are awsome got them on two of my bikes cases are a little heavier and dont distort too much with lower pressures which is good in the mud and knobs are made with toyo rubber and a little longer and you know what they say about being a little longer , yes

get a set today they are cheap and delivered to your doorstep gr8 bloke

i am in no way connected with recross .................yet