Author Topic: the rain  (Read 47488 times)

Offline brent j

• Legend
  • Darwin, NT. Suzuki tragic, RL250M TS90MX PE250B
    • View Profile
Re: the rain
« Reply #225 on: February 02, 2011, 05:06:53 PM »
We haven't had a decent cyclone come through Darwin for along time but a few have come close.
I know how frightening it can be how totally helpless you feel.

Best of luck to all who get caught up in this.

Brent

PS my employer is already starting to make plans to send some of us (power, water, sewer) to help clean up and get things restarted.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 10:05:31 PM by brent j »
The older I get, the faster I was

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #226 on: February 02, 2011, 05:23:03 PM »
Best of luck to everyone stuck in the middle off it. i think it would be scary sitting in your house not knowing if its going to get rippped a part. I have a few customers up In Mackay. one rang earlier on and said they have got generators etc all ready.

On a side note has anyone had lengthy delays getting stuff posted up to Queensland due to the floods?
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline IT490K1983

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 02, 2011, 07:49:17 PM »
Its raining cats and dogs here in Townsville. The wind is a bit up and down, bound to get stronger as the front comes to the coastline. Experts are saying as many as 30 000 houses could be affected by storm surge. I really feel for our friends further north, that sucker is going to turn everything in its path into confetti.

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 02, 2011, 09:08:32 PM »
I hope every one is alright my uncle has a house on Hamilton island not long ago a small cyclone did some damage to it they have only just finished fixing it and looks like it will get hit again I hope it turns out all right for all the people up there. :(
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 10:42:36 PM by frostype400 »
1971 tm400 and PE's

monaro308

« Reply #229 on: February 02, 2011, 09:53:12 PM »
All i can do from here is say.....take care and i hope it passes over very quickly with minimal damage for everyone in the path.
cheers...mario

monaro308

« Reply #230 on: February 05, 2011, 07:15:41 AM »
Copping a shite load of rain from you northerners this morning.......damn house gutters cant keep up!  :D

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 05, 2011, 08:35:09 AM »
Copping a shite load of rain from you northerners this morning.......damn house gutters cant keep up!  :D

Yeah, its the same here.
We had a strong gust of wind earlier, it blew a piece of paper clean off the top of my desk.
Had to close the window to half.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

firko

« Reply #232 on: February 05, 2011, 10:13:45 AM »
Anyone heard how JC and Husky500Evo got on in the Yasi blow?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 12:41:44 PM by firko »

Offline huskibul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 05, 2011, 10:51:47 AM »
   Still shell shocked i'd say (if they were hit)!  the've all got lot going on at the moment , having gone threw cyclone larry in the same area(mission beach )5 years ago i know what it can be  like (10 days without power for starters), a long slow process to get back anywhere near "normality" Good luck to them all ! :)

Offline Husky500evo

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 05, 2011, 10:59:40 AM »
All good here, although I still have no power. I do have my generator thumping away though , to run my fridge & TV (also my neighbours fridge & freezer as well). I have to say that was a very scary experience, with the wind coming in bursts that sounded like a jumbo jet taking off at the end of my street & my house shuddering & groaning. I consider myself very lucky to have no damage other than some uprooted trees. I hope Greg Lewis at Bingil Bay ( near Mission Beach), is ok.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Best is in the West !!

Offline oldskool

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 06, 2011, 08:52:04 AM »
on friday there was 1 confirmed dead 2 still missing.poor fella survived the cyclone passed away from engine fumes from a generator he was useing.gary

« Reply #237 on: February 06, 2011, 07:59:57 PM »
All good here, although I still have no power. I do have my generator thumping away though , to run my fridge & TV (also my neighbours fridge & freezer as well). I have to say that was a very scary experience, with the wind coming in bursts that sounded like a jumbo jet taking off at the end of my street & my house shuddering & groaning. I consider myself very lucky to have no damage other than some uprooted trees. I hope Greg Lewis at Bingil Bay ( near Mission Beach), is ok.
Good to here mate.

Offline bingil 6

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 17, 2011, 11:35:51 AM »
Havent been on here for a while now but to all the Lads who sat out Yasi up here in the North hope you are all safe and well, Larry & Yasi within five years STUFF that , we came out of it all OK just a bit of gardning to do, still no power but that comes with the territory , Hanging out to throw the leg this season to take my mind of the season we are having Cheers Lou.

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 17, 2011, 11:52:50 AM »
Glad to hear you are safe and well Lou  8)  A lot of others in your area were not so fortunate.
Think of me as you are riding Ravenshoe track - you lucky bugger  ;D ;D
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.