Author Topic: the rain  (Read 48726 times)

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
Re: the rain
« Reply #195 on: January 29, 2011, 09:39:00 pm »
Thats right NSR,
Gillard could make her mark, Fix the flood areas, Build the Dams, make the pipelines or aquaducts from nth to south to west to support our farms. Cancel the $40 billion NBN and spend wisely on Rebuilding Flood areas.
Brett
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline NSR

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 29, 2011, 11:03:38 pm »
Gillard could make her mark, Fix the flood areas, Build the Dams, make the pipelines or aquaducts from nth to south to west to support our farms. Cancel the $40 billion NBN and spend wisely on Rebuilding Flood areas.

What do you mean fix, the flood area covered about 25 towns to fix most of them [to never flood] they would have to be moved.
You could build all the dams you want if they are full and it keeps raining what then.
Or you could build flood mitigation dams which will have to remain empty until needed then you hope it stops raining.
The NBN is another issue, but I think you will find the farmers want it.
I want it all rebuilt better then before and so people can get on with life.

I wote this, then thought why bother.  It's all Gillards and Blighs fault. Yeah that's better.   
The Swvm though the tree's! http://youtu.be/4h6BbasT16I
Metalink Conondale vinduro sprint. May 19/20 2018    
www.metalink.net.au  Bike trailers & Canopies

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 29, 2011, 11:04:41 pm »
This tax has nothing to do with the donations people have made, that money is for the people you have been affected by the flood.
This tax is a once-off for reconstruction of vital public infrastructure.  One way or another we will all have to pay for it.
It does not matter if the PM has Red hair or big ears ::).
Aw come on NSR we all know that and nothing said here will make the slightest difference to the outcome, where,s your sense of fun.
Ps. The future fund was for this type of problem , pity we spent it on TV,s. :'(
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 11:10:57 pm by Mike52 »
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline NSR

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 29, 2011, 11:21:49 pm »
The future fund was for this type of problem
Sorry Mike the future fund was set up to pay public servants superannuation.
OK back to bikes.
The Swvm though the tree's! http://youtu.be/4h6BbasT16I
Metalink Conondale vinduro sprint. May 19/20 2018    
www.metalink.net.au  Bike trailers & Canopies

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 29, 2011, 11:33:32 pm »

What do you mean fix, the flood area covered about 25 towns to fix most of them [to never flood] they would have to be moved.

Keep up with the news - some relocating is already planned.
The NBN is funded with our tax payers money and now we are paying more tax for these terrible floods .If you cant see the connection , its about our money and how the Gov use's it,  get it?

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #200 on: January 29, 2011, 11:43:09 pm »
I know some local Telstra technicians in SA who will be heading up to QLD for 2 months to help with installing new phone systems and fixing up all the phone lines etc.
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline IT490K1983

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 29, 2011, 11:58:38 pm »
We don't have all the answers to all the problems or I guess we wouldn't even be having these discussions. It's a pity that we only work out that we got it wrong after its to late to fix it. Having said that, I do think the Governments of the last ten years or so have spent far to much of our money porkbarrelling, lining their own pockets and slagging each other off as a distraction from the fact that they do not have a clue how to deal with some of the monumental problems that our society is facing today. To name just a couple, Law and Order, Health, Illegal Immigrants, unsustainable financial structures and the fact that we have a lot less control than we think we do over many of the events of late, particularly weather events. And now just for fun Townsville is staring down the possibility of a direct hit from a Cyclone. Apart from that life is good.  ;D

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 30, 2011, 12:08:32 am »
As Sir Les Patterson said in last Sundays paper.
GOD bless Australia, I only wish we owned it. :)
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline oldskool

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 30, 2011, 01:52:21 am »
the saddest part of it all i have a scanner in my ute can listen to police and fire and so on and when the wall of water came down from toowoomba through the lockyer valley and lockyer creek the fire brigade were more interested in getting there own out rather than evacuating.some of them had more than 2 hours notice.maybe there was a reason behind it but i heard them warning there own at least 2 hours before it hit some of the towns in the lockyer valley.just haven't posted this early as my phone and internet got knocked out by a lightning strike on 16th december,one of the kids was closing a window and got zapped as it hit no injuries only got it back onlast thursday.cheers gary

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 30, 2011, 08:38:35 am »
Build the Dams twice as big and keep them to a max of half full, therefore the dam serves both purposes. And for gods sake educate the dude who controls the flow, would seem that not as many homes would have copped it if the dude on the gates pushed the button at the right time, Its a fine line between saving water and flood but they got it too wrong. This only has to happen over the next decade or so. Maybe some farmers do want the NBN, but it will not be too useful if there is no water for them... I have no prob paying more tax to help QLD, hope they get the balance correct between public infrustructure and private...
Brett
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline lukeb1961

• Legend
  • PE175N, RM80B, JR50C
    • View Profile
    • PE175N
« Reply #205 on: January 30, 2011, 09:06:12 am »
you are all confused. What we really need are Super Seasprite helicopters! Canberra knows best.

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 30, 2011, 09:59:38 am »
And for gods sake educate the dude who controls the flow, would seem that not as many homes would have copped it if the dude on the gates pushed the button at the right time, Its a fine line between saving water and flood but they got it too wrong. This only has to happen over the next decade or so. Maybe some farmers do want the NBN, but it will not be too useful if there is no water for them... I have no prob paying more tax to help QLD, hope they get the balance correct between public infrustructure and private...
Brett

Yes so it seems. I have bo problem personally with a little extra tax either - as long as it gets used for the intended purpose and efficiently.
Its interesting though that the Gov. gives out our tax payers money in foreign aide when similar natural disasters happen overseas but when it happens here they suddenly need to impose a tax on us to pay for the "domestic aide" ??? Oh I get it now.

Offline number8

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 30, 2011, 10:57:48 am »

If these figures are true, this is a real worry.

Why wasn't there any new tax'es when these amounts were so generously given away these idiots called politicians & just as bad bureaucrat'es have no idea they all ride the gravy train for as long as they can they get were they get to with no qualifications or experience to end up controlling and making the decisions they make is ludicrous and as far as foreign aid they would rather give big chunks of tax payer's money away with out hesitation or conditions,when Australians caught up in disaster and hardship are made to jump through hoops for very small percentage of what appears to given away overseas with out question????

Yes I have real issue's with the way they spend the money and the way they run to the Australian public to top up the account every time they screw up like spending in the wrong area's and not having contingencies for these kind of disasters(floods,fire,drought)

"dont get me started"(may be too late) ;D

Like many Australians we wonder what the hell is wrong with this government and when the balance is going to be focused on our needs as a priority. Anyone watching those people in flood zone had to be touched or be made of stone if they were not,

FLOOD VICTIMS?

THE TOP EIGHT COUNTRIES THE AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT GAVE YOUR TAX DOLLARS TO IN  2010-2011

Indonesia $458,700.00 million

Papua New Guinea $457,200,00 million

Solomon Islands $225,700.00 million

Afghanistan $123,100.00 million

Vietnam $119,800.00 million

Philippines $118,100.00 million

East Timor $102,700.00 million

Cambodia $64,200.00 million

TOTAL = $ 1,669,000,000.00  -  given away in 52 weeks

..but wait there’s more.

·         Australia provides approximately 150,000 tonnes of food aid every year—;about $65 million—to Bangladesh, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Sudan and Chad

·         

·         In 2005 John Howard committed Australia to double Australian aid to about $4 billion a year by 2010

·         

·         In 2010-2011 the Australian Government plans to spend almost $4.4 billion on development assistance

·         

·         In 2008 the Australian community contributed $812.19million to non-government organisations

And now Gillard will give $500,000,000.00 for Indonesia’s Islamic schools

which are largely moderate in outlook but there have been pockets of radicalism that

have produced terrorists in Indonesia, most notably the cleric Abu Bakar Bashir’s school in Ngruki, central Java, where some of the Bali bombers studied.

SO….. Ask your local member  how come 2010 Queensland flood victims get $1 million  ?

When insurers, such as Allianz and CGU, provide cover for storm damage but exclude flood from their home and contents policies.

YES THIS A BLOODY INSULT TO THE AUSTRALIAN AND QUEENSLAND PEOPLE WHO NEED IT THE MOST SO IT IS ABOUT TIME THE GOVERMENT STARTED LOOKING AFTER THERE OWN BACK YARD AND FORGET THE REST FOR A LONG TIME THIS IS BULL SHIT???

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 30, 2011, 11:37:04 am »
I agree 100% with you Gary.....look after your own backyard first.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 30, 2011, 11:52:06 am »
Spot on number 8, gillard is so tight with her own people she couldn't even give someone a proper comforting hug, let alone a few more $. Watching her comfort flood victims reminded me of a 7 year old kid who's not used to patting doggs being made to pat them by his parents. Nil emotion..
Brett