Author Topic: New addition to the family  (Read 30791 times)

monaro308

Re: New addition to the family
« Reply #91 on: March 07, 2011, 10:07:27 pm »
LOL....well spotted Chris.
Except i just bought black grips on saturday whilst enquiring about the PE special tool for my bike.
Would you believe my shop still has an NOS PE250C tool sitting in a cardboard parts box.
No go for the later T onwards tool as they rang me today to say Suzuki Aust and Japan say discontinued and NLA.

Whatever shops around the world that have them,thats it! But thats what i keep hearing.
I rang a few shops after work and all the same story...then i got a bloke who said he'd never heard of the PE special tool,and i laughed and said "too young hey" and he said "yeah,i was only a 2 y'old then."
Oh well i said and then he says,"but my computer shows 1 in stock"
I said can you go get the tool and describe it for me....32mm end,plug socket on the other and a 12mm attachment.
Thats it!! Can i pay over the phone and have it delivered ?????
Sure no problems i'll pack it tomorrow. ;D ;D
It does pay to ring around ;)

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 07, 2011, 10:19:18 pm »
I dealt with Mick hone motorcycles not long ago still in stock on the T model ones I also think that alot of shops think no to old to hard basket on that but they may have just ran out of stock. ???
1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #93 on: March 11, 2011, 05:15:13 pm »
Are the PE250/400 rear sprockets a universal size or PE specific?

They are the same, just different number of teeth thats all.
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

monaro308

« Reply #94 on: March 11, 2011, 06:49:35 pm »
Sorry Leith,what i meant was are the PE sprockets ID specific to the PE or do other models take the same ID and not make them expensive because they are PE only.
Thanks Mario

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 11, 2011, 08:58:24 pm »
Ok, well NOTHING else fits straight on. They are unique to 80-82 PE250/400 and thats it. I havent bothered investigating what sprockets would fit by maybe just drilling out mounting holes bigger or in a different pattern, there may be an option there but nothign else shows up in the JT catalogue.
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline ty4

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 13, 2011, 03:25:11 pm »
Hey Mario i found a NOS brake lever in the shed, :o straight lever with black ballend
do you still have my number?

cheers
tony

monaro308

« Reply #97 on: March 13, 2011, 09:39:07 pm »
Thanks Leith,i'll do some homework on the sprockets.

Hi Tony,yep still have your number.
I've gone with the dog leg levers on mine as its better for my bung wrist and now carpel is giving me about 10 mins riding time before numbness sets in  :'(
I thought getting old was for old people!

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 13, 2011, 10:16:58 pm »
Mario, I ordered a sprocket through my motorbike shop it wasn't the same as original but it fitted no probs I just bought a nos pe400 one yesterday but it set me back about $110 I figured I definetly needed it where as I think the one I got from the motorbike shop was more like $70 from memory.
1971 tm400 and PE's

monaro308

« Reply #99 on: March 14, 2011, 10:49:13 pm »
Cool Michael,at least there are aftermarket options i can use.
I'm still a while away before its sprocket and chain time.

cheers..mario

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 14, 2011, 10:56:40 pm »
There definetly are because the standard sprockets were solid sprocket where as the aftermarket ones have all the holes cut in them it wasn't genuine suzuki I got, I went and ordered one from the motor bike shop took about week to get here and bolted straight on. ;)
1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline PE MAN

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 17, 2011, 07:27:10 am »
i got after market sprocket for mine. off the top of my head i think the brand was supersprox. hoey in sa got it in for me. didnt cost all that much either. front an rear sprockets cost $70, could be less.
1980 SUZUKI RM50
1980 SUZUKI PE400

monaro308

« Reply #102 on: March 17, 2011, 09:20:21 pm »
Thanks PE MAN the options are getting better.
I'll look into sooner than i think so i can sort out the chain guide bits on the swingarm etc.
cheers...mario

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 17, 2011, 10:18:11 pm »
Your local shop should be able to get one if they are a Ficeda, Link, Cykel, John Titmans dealer etc but theres plenty on ebay. Afam make them in aluminium Ron Angel Wholesale specially ordered them for me from France. JT sprockets and Talon make PE sprockets too.

monaro308

« Reply #104 on: March 22, 2011, 11:09:01 pm »
Another update.....
More go slow on the PE as i'm STILL painting the lounge  :D (i'd hate to charge myself an hourly rate!)
Almost done with the wiring and just need to finish the speedo light and the turn signal indicator light and then its all good behind the headlight.

I'm making up the front indicator brackets at the moment using Leith's CAD drawings and Luke's site(thanks again Leith and Luke).
I picked out the best of my PE shocks and gave them a clean up and paint.
I haven't gone to town on this build as it will be a rider and as long as it looks clean and similar to its original look...i'm happy.

My $5.00 suzuki speedo looks to be dead so i am on the hunt for a TS one if anyone knows of any,give me a yell.
Ebay US has them in MPH as i've been looking for a couple of weeks but obviously i want KPH  ;)

I rummaged through my shed at my mum's place and found my original PE175X mirror (not a PE original though,what ever they looked like)so at 28 years,it's found it's way back onto a PE :D

The BIGGEST thank you goes to TM Bill for offering an original PE tool without even asking for it.
I'm not sure if he'd like me to mention it but stuff it.....TOP BLOKES on this site deserve the praise and he is one of them,so thank you to TM Bill ;)
I'd do the same for anyone on here.
Mick Hone M/C sold out of their last one about 3 weeks ago but are keeping an eye and ear out for one if they hear of one.

Next on the list is stickers,tail light,indicator relay,speedo,chain and sprockets,fix chain guard,fit guide etc etc etc
cheers...mario