Author Topic: the love of sheep  (Read 3691 times)

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
the love of sheep
« on: November 05, 2010, 03:59:34 pm »
 Better to be from Unzud and have sheep jokes  than be an Auzie leauge player and love the sheep Dog
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: the love of sheep
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 04:39:21 pm »
Please don't judge the entire country by the actions of our footballers.  :o

FYI the average aussie doesn't:

• take a dump in the hallway of a major hotel…

• spread s#%t on the curtains in small country motels…

• take a girl back to their room for a bit of a canoodle and invite 12 of his mates along to 'toss their salads' while watching…

• have a piss in the background at an awards ceremony and then appear drunk on camera and think his is funny…

• upload photos of their nekkid ex on the web…

• punch anybody and everybody when the mood takes them [and then blame the alcohol]…

• distribute class A drugs to their team mates…

• doesn't have to memorise the line… "I would like to appologise to my family, my friends and my club for [insert dodgy behaviour here]"…

And don't mention the dog rooting!!!!

Footballers really are a classy bunch.  ;)
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Offline mick25

• Legend
  • Hunter valley NSW
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 04:57:24 pm »
Nice one BAZZA  ;D I am a kiwi and get shit a lot about the sheep stuff ::) So i have the dog come back now ha ha :D

firko

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 05:17:10 pm »
Please don't judge the entire country by the actions of our footballers. 
I'm probably being a bit sensitive here but it shits me a bit to see all footballers thrown into the one heap by the actions of a few idiots. I played football for a couple of decades and in that time never did any of the above and I reckon I speak for the majority of players from local clubby's right up to the pros.  Jeff you're smart enough to know that rash generalisations like that can be used to cover just about all facets of society. If I scratched the surface just a little I'm pretty certain I could find similar behavior involving members of all professions and sports. I've witnessed three legendary motocross 'greats' openly snorting cocaine at a party and have seen the remains of a rental car trashed by another so-called motocross hero and his mates while totally shit faced on both the drink and 'party' drugs which was laughed off by the editor of one of our leading off road magazines with a "Gee those boys know how to party, Legends" comment in print.

How does that glass houses thing go again? ;)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 05:43:23 pm by firko »

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 05:23:35 pm »
And...we had better watch out as to what we let the next string of motocross/supercross clowns get up to as from what I've seen of them, with their tattoo sleeves and nose rings et al... we might be wishing we belonged to another sport ourselves soon.

suzuki43

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 05:38:39 pm »
Jeff, I am afraid after living in Sydney for 8 years I will have to dispute your retort.
Just kidding,we all know the Mungoes (League players) are generally a pack of morons.
Please don't judge the entire country by the actions of our footballers.  :o

• take a dump in the hallway of a major hotel…

• spread s#%t on the curtains in small country motels…

• take a girl back to their room for a bit of a canoodle and invite 12 of his mates along to 'toss their salads' while watching…

• have a piss in the background at an awards ceremony and then appear drunk on camera and think his is funny…

• upload photos of their nekkid ex on the web…

• punch anybody and everybody when the mood takes them [and then blame the alcohol]…

• distribute class A drugs to their team mates…

• doesn't have to memorise the line… "I would like to appologise to my family, my friends and my club for [insert dodgy behaviour here]"…

And don't mention the dog rooting!!!!

Footballers really are a classy bunch.  ;)

Curly3

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 05:45:31 pm »
There is a clown in every circus, he'll have to live the " Dog F&%@#$r " tag for the rest of his life and rightly so. They should know by now that we live in the age of instant communication and everyone has a camera phone, I bet he'll kick his so called mate up the arse. I said kick.
What shits me is when the odd, so called, Legend is outraged, the old timers got up to more shit than the current guy's.
The guy's from across the ditch should be aware of how to keep your working dog loyal?

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2010, 05:56:41 pm »
…but it shits me a bit to see all footballers thrown into the one heap by the actions of a few idiots.…

Of course those stupid actions don't apply to all footballers, but unfortunately a significant number of them just can't seem to help themselves. That's not my fault, and nor does it excuse their actions and their immature and stupid behaviour. If it was only a 'FEW' as you say, then it wouldn't be a problem. These are the stories that we actually hear about, how many others are covered up by the clubs and publicists?

And I don't for a minute think that bad behaviour is the sole domain of footy players, but they do seem grossly over represented in that area. Personally idiots that commit these stupid acts [from any sport] deserve to be named and shamed. Don't shoot the messenger…

As for the Glass Houses comment, I don't know what you mean.

And lastly, I was only having a laugh at their expense… because what else could you do, except laugh at them?
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

firko

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2010, 08:02:18 pm »
As for the Glass Houses comment, I don't know what you mean.
Nothing personal..what I mean't was that we as a sport have produced our own dickhead behavior as Anthony Gobert, Kim Ashkenazi and the dickweeds I mentioned have shown. We, as bike guys shouldn't trhrow stones because we've produced our own examples.
 Footballers getting shown up as idiots is all relevent to the amount of media attention their sport gets. Rugby League and Aussie Rules producing the most dickheads is aligned with the amount of media attention those sports get. Sports that get less media have less unsavoury incidents because nobody gives a shit, it's not a big story. These nongs give the majority of decent young men playing all codes of footy a bad name. Besmirching the code because of them is sad.

Evil Rudy

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2010, 08:52:07 pm »
To help throw the Americans under the bus... Ty Cobb was a wife beating, womanising drunk who just happened to be good at baseball.

Just look at the recent list of gridiron players who have solicited the murder of their pregnant girlfriends, shot themselves in the leg at a night club, and sexually assaulted girls in bathrooms.

Maybe rootn' sheep and getting a hummer from a dog isn't the worst that could happen?

Love,
Rudy

p.s. lets get this straight, one act of love with mans best friend by an Aussie does not excuse the centuries of four legged rape perpetrated on New Zealand's only viable export!

suzuki43

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2010, 08:55:37 pm »
Rudy Rudy Rudy,
How many times do I have to tell you,its all part of the quality meat experience.
We shag the sheep,then kill and export them all around the globe,and you guys enjoy the succullent taste.....

Got that 88 yet??

Offline suzuki27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2010, 08:57:44 pm »
Dead right Rudy. Sheep are a dime a dozen compared to a good Sheep Dog - and I heard the dog got fed after. How many sheep can say that?

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2010, 08:58:39 pm »
Theres more sheep in Aussie than NZ yankie boy.....you just keep to your chipmonks or racoons or whatever you enjoy. ;D
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2010, 09:08:18 pm »
I reckon the CEO's of the footy clubs must have a rather large budget each year to pay hush money and dickhead money to keep most of the shit out of the media....all built into the cost of a ticket the fan has to pay for. The clubs are too gutless to act on these people cause they might loose a game.....It's all a crock of shit like the V8 supercars.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Curly3

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2010, 09:20:01 pm »
They used to pay hush money but too many people know about it not long after it actually happens these days. Which if found out makes the club look worse. Nowa days they cut them loose.