Author Topic: Second Annual Klub Kevlar Show'n'Shine.  (Read 8410 times)

Offline HuskyPete

• A-Grade
  • Huskys Only, maybe a CCM
    • View Profile
Re: Second Annual Klub Kevlar Show'n'Shine.
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2010, 04:54:24 pm »
Shane,

Look forward to seeing you there.

Pete
1967 360 Viking, 1969 360 Cross, 1974 250 Mag x 3, 1974 400 Cross x 1, 1974 450 WR, 1975 250GP, 1976 250 WR, 1978 390 Auto, 1982.5 500 Gold Bullet. 1976 390 OR, 78 CCM

firko

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2010, 07:27:53 pm »
re clubs welcome? not the outlaw type.
Depends what you mean by clubs Micks. We'd like to keep the theme vintage and dirt oriented. Dirt track bikes are of course welcome and we're going to invite the classic speedway club.
Hey will I have you Firko, great artical last issue in VMX re Frank Stanborough I new of him (in the later years with the road racing) but new little of his MX days.You are a wealth of knowledge my old mate!
Thanks Shane...Franks an inspiration. That old fat guy has more knowledge in his pinky than anyone else I've ever met. You wouldn't believe how much of Franks history I had to leave out for space reasons. What a lot of people don't know is that he almost died of prostate cancer a few years ago but luckily pulled through because of his strong will and good doctors. Unfortunately he went into a severe depression that we were really concerned about. It took some doing but we managed to talk him into coming with us to CD5 at Broadford and bringing along the Norton Metisse that he's pretty much lost interest in building. As soon as he got there we noticed an instant improvement in his attitude and after an intense conversation with fellow prostate survivor Super Hunky where Rick told him in no uncertain terms that there is life after cancer the new Frank Stanborough was born. He finished the Norton, built his current NSU Greeves for CD7 and is now getting into building a Mojo framed Matchless G85 pre 65 bike for next year. Those who might have passed him off as just another Klub Kevlar 'good old boy' should stop and have a yarn with him....the blokes a legend,a really nice bloke and I bet you'll walk away with some new found knowledge.
Looking forward to you coming down Shane and also look forward to seeing the Magoomobile again.

Offline micks

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2010, 09:12:58 pm »
classic speedway was one. heaven, city of penrith, vjmc and yes i know it`s road race post classic club

firko

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2011, 12:55:05 pm »
I'm having a meeting with the new manager of the Alroy Tavern to map out the Second Annual Klub Kevlar Show'n'Shine. Brett, the previous manager has moved on to another of the parent company's pubs so the new manager has no idea of the event. We'll sit down tomorrow and hopefully convince her the concept was a great thing.

We were thinking of Sunday, 27th of March so if there's anything at all that clashes with the show, please speak up now! There doesn't appear to be any race meets in the Sydney area but I'm not sure of any calendar updates.

This year we're going to invite the classic speedway bike guys and also hope to attract some of the long hidden from sight dirt oriented bikes from within the general classic bike movement. You'd be surprised what's out there in the collections of people not directly involved in the VMX movement. To simplify the day I don't think we'll hold an auction but there will be a bucket gold coin donation thing happening to raise a quid for a yet to be decided charity . Trophies will once again be presented in the following categories: Best Japanese, Best Euro, Best British and The Dunger award and possibly new categories such as Best Dirt Track, Best Unrestored and more. Any sensible suggestions for trophies will be considered. Ditto anybody with any good ideas to make the day even more enjoyable and successful. I'd encourage participants to make their displays as presentable as possible including signage describing their bike and its history or restoration details.

Thie Show'n'Shine was a great event in 09 and I'd like to see the entry level doubled. There's no reason we can't. We're doing this to show our movement off to a new audience so there will be a strong advance press coverage in the numerous local press outlets. If you didn't come last year, don't miss it again...you'll have a ball while doing something positive for your sport.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 02:04:27 pm by firko »

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2011, 02:45:03 pm »
firko
i am good mates with a vintage speedway riders club official,bill
i have all his contacts
jim

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2011, 02:56:12 pm »
Sunday, 27th of March

You are meant to be at my place drinking beer and picking up your new project.
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

firko

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2011, 03:00:54 pm »
Hmmmmm, forgot about that. I can't get any response from the other fellas about travelling up there Mick, leave it with me and I'll see what I can do.

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2011, 03:22:25 pm »
Bernie was keen as mustade when last we spoke?
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2011, 03:39:02 pm »
sorry our events clash firko, hope all goes well, looks like we will have about 20 riders for the charity ride for Magoo, I guess every little bit will help Ann and the kids.

Cheers Trev

Offline micks

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2011, 05:40:58 pm »
who about people choice award

firko

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2011, 07:30:42 pm »
Because of the cross date with Slakewells soiree and the Magoo trailride,how does Sunday,March 20 go over with everyone?
who about people choice award

Of course..I think we had it last year too. Who can make it on March 20? Who can't?

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2011, 07:47:45 pm »
You will have to make your mind up on date so we can get the Klub kevlar Mermaid Bar girls there. Baz
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline Snowy 76

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2011, 07:49:44 pm »
First round of Heaven 19/20 March , Bulahdelah.
Couple of CR`s

ted

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2011, 07:59:02 pm »
I`m out for 19th 20th ( heaven ) if you need the truck stage

The woes of being the the promoter

firko

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2011, 09:58:53 pm »
First round of Heaven 19/20 March , Bulahdelah
The HEAVEN Buladelah meet not listed on the forum calendar but it's no good running on the same weekend as we'd like to see some HEAVEN members turn up. Ideally the 27th is perfect but it clashes with Mick Slakewells weekend. If April 3rd is OK we'll go with it. I have to give the Alron a manager a date to work with so I'll do some phone surfing tomorrow and see what works with everyone.

Any problems with April 3?