Author Topic: Aussies heading to Vets MX of Nations-MA NEWS  (Read 27673 times)

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
Re: Aussies heading to Vets MX of Nations-MA NEWS
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2010, 01:06:04 pm »
Bottom line vB, ball park figure for the UK leg. Don't mean to pry but we were to go this year and still hope to go next. Just a loose estimate will do.

montman

« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2010, 06:06:38 pm »
Pretty cool track yeah. Old Mate was having a good crack on the KX. Makes you wanna book a spot on that container for next year! (I wonder if there were any Monts there?) :P

My monts would have been there had all details ready to enter then found out that my business work got in the way and no way to aiter it gutted :'( :'( next year ;D ;D ;D

Offline dave king

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2010, 05:05:34 am »
rusty,john,chris and brad.... i had a preview of the documentary today......... 1.5 hrs long............ you guys feature heavily.......brad, you had us in stitches today......you are the end clip..... ........ This will become cult viewing..the guy we employed to do the documentary works for the BBC filming Top Gear so you can imagine the camera angles.......... to be called  " ON ANY SATURDAY AND SUNDAY".   will be out in approx 2 weeks on www.farleighcastle.co.uk    ebay.co.uk    amazon   etc...............This documentary will promote vintage racing to the big time it deserves.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2010, 08:00:18 am »
I'll have to get the dutchman to autograph my copy, just as well he's on the plane coming back from LA before he reads this or they would have had to load him through the cargo doors with that swelled up noggin!!. Sounds like a few more of us will have to go next year.....Tea and cake old chap? ;D
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2010, 10:26:10 am »
how was Leisk riding? is he still fast ?
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline dave king

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2010, 05:42:02 pm »
how was Leisk riding? is he still fast ?

yes

« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2010, 10:52:45 am »
rusty,john,chris and brad.... i had a preview of the documentary today......... 1.5 hrs long............ you guys feature heavily.......brad, you had us in stitches today......you are the end clip..... ........ This will become cult viewing..the guy we employed to do the documentary works for the BBC filming Top Gear so you can imagine the camera angles.......... to be called  " ON ANY SATURDAY AND SUNDAY".   will be out in approx 2 weeks on www.farleighcastle.co.uk    ebay.co.uk    amazon   etc...............This documentary will promote vintage racing to the big time it deserves.
Are you laughing with me or at me?
Lee was another top bloke .
I shall be pop riveting my thighs to my seat waiting for the doco to come out!

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2010, 11:57:53 am »

Hey Brad,
Why don't you spend a few minutes at the keyboard and give us some insights into what sounds like a great event. Any photos etc? Come on, even international VMX Factory Riders can spare a few minutes for us plebs back home.

Perhaps you should get your side of the story out there before the video is released!  ;) And before your Missus sees it!  ;D

Or are you being shy, because you are going to be the new STIG?  8)  I'm not saying you couldn't do it, but I reckon you might have trouble keeping your white overalls clean.  ;D  I can see it now… Brad van Barello - the Dirty STIG!!!
VMX42
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2010, 01:34:51 pm »
or Collectors ABC (something local  ;) ),with his CZ collection  8)

Best is in the West !!

« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2010, 02:15:28 pm »
Bottom line vB, ball park figure for the UK leg. Don't mean to pry but we were to go this year and still hope to go next. Just a loose estimate will do.
$2200 for the plane ride, cattle class. 750 pounds for the motor home which is your transport and accommodation. We took a 50 pound (where is that symbol?) ride in a cab to get the motor home. The rest are consumables. Fuel, food and cider etc. Don't spend a cent on that horrible beer!
John and I split everything which made it heaps better. He would eat one day and I would eat the next  :D. The pub was walking distance and served a great meal and the catering was there all weekend as well. Rusty had the better motor home as he dealt with a company direct. Ours used private owners that hire them so we never got a generator which is a must. There was plenty of tap water on site. Cheap week really considering. Just need to work out how to earn money while I'm away...

Hey Brad,
Why don't you spend a few minutes at the keyboard and give us some insights into what sounds like a great event. Any photos etc? Come on, even international VMX Factory Riders can spare a few minutes for us plebs back home.

Perhaps you should get your side of the story out there before the video is released!  ;) And before your Missus sees it!  ;D

Or are you being shy, because you are going to be the new STIG?  8)  I'm not saying you couldn't do it, but I reckon you might have trouble keeping your white overalls clean.  ;D  I can see it now… Brad van Barello - the Dirty STIG!!!
VMX42
No worries. I shall load some photos up and come back.

« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2010, 03:57:44 pm »

First hill we came up with the steps. From the top looking down.

Back down after running across the top. My arms and shoulders got a huge work out here. from the bottom looking up.

Next up hill when you get out of the 'forest'.

I was just floundering around as the track was chopped up big time. Not to mention the fact that I am a fat bastard with a lack of fitness didn't help.

« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2010, 03:58:40 pm »

Some guy wanting a photo with me!

Plenty of nos for sale

Team oz.

Another guy wanting a photo with us. Everyone meet George.

Offline dave king

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2010, 04:44:25 pm »
great pics brad

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2010, 06:56:12 pm »
Way cool Brad & Co  8)
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2010, 07:29:55 pm »
good piccys brad how cool was jobe

we also met dave thorpe who was very approachable
still rides at the same speed unreal
gordon crockard smoked everyone on a 1986 kx500
was great too watch there was basically star riders in all the races
from the past and present and the amount of works bikes