Author Topic: Aussies heading to Vets MX of Nations-MA NEWS  (Read 27679 times)

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Aussies heading to Vets MX of Nations-MA NEWS
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2010, 11:56:12 am »
Las Vegas huh. I can see a couple of cheap bikes hitting the market when the boys get home!
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!

suzuki43

« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2010, 07:15:50 pm »
Check this helmet camera action of the track via one of those satanic Pre 90 bikes......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX3vMpUH3bI

O for awesome!!!

All Things 414

« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2010, 07:28:02 pm »
Pretty cool track yeah. Old Mate was having a good crack on the KX. Makes you wanna book a spot on that container for next year! (I wonder if there were any Monts there?) :P
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 09:18:46 am by All Things 414 »

Offline Hakans beer stop

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2010, 09:34:30 pm »
Pretty cool track yeah. Old Mate was having a good crack on the KX. Makes you wanna book a spot on that container for next year! (I wonder if thgere were any Monts there?) :P

That's my mate Ian on the KX doing the filming. Might have to have a word with him about popping over to visit next year. ;)

A great event. I rode it in 2006 on a 74 Yam MX 250 and 2007 on a 80 Cagiva MXR 250. But since Dave King and the team have taken it over, they seem (I'm looking at the picies from Tas now) to have raised the bar considerably.

Nathan.
HBS.

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2010, 07:44:41 pm »
just got back today totally rooted
had a unreal experiance
the meeting was huge works bikes everywhere swap meet parts
that you would not believe more motorhomes than a motorhome show
the track what can i say it was unreal very rough long 20 min races
full gates 48 to 50 riders all classes
i rode the over 50s as well you got 3 laps practice 1 sighting 2 timed for gate pick
i was in first practice  they watered the piss out of the track all night so it was greasy
as an eel in a bucket of grease paul is right coming down those steps its nearly verticle
and with water on it  ::) i posted 13th fastest in the slime so i was happy with that
by the time we got out for des nations practice the track had dried so it was quite good
john siezed his cr480 on second lap so got a shit pick on gate
we all had a bit of bike set up issues but we just kept riding and working through them
overall we all went ok very fast riders and you are allowed 1 rider 35-40 year old
lots of ex gp riders in nations cup and  long motos german and belgiums were on
bikes bristling with works parts  very trick overall we circulated and didnt crash
although on the last few laps i think my hands nearly came off the bars 4 times a lap
having seen and ridden the track to do it again i would ride my own bike  and i would know what to expect had a good run in second over 50s race got holeshot and was circulating in sixth till i stalled on last lap  :'( ended up dropping this class too many races still ended up doing 4x20min
and 2x15min so i was rooted had trouble hanging on in last moto blisters on hands
brad john and chris all rode well and we had a awesome time  thanks to dave king
and andy gregory for the bikes highlight of the weekend apart from racing
was jeff leisk riding and josh coppins on maico 490 8) and just meeting everyone
anyway enough for now i am going to bed zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
cheers rusty
follow me to first turn

gilletty

« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2010, 08:37:08 pm »
Check this helmet camera action of the track via one of those satanic Pre 90 bikes......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX3vMpUH3bI

O for awesome!!!

Looks like three parts awesome track and one part goat track. Looked like a lot of fun

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2010, 10:22:11 am »
I just love the way he lays it down in the first turn just so we can watch the field parade by :D :D :D

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2010, 01:14:03 pm »
enjoy the US and say g'day to Metty! 8)

Lov'n the colours   8)   ..good old green and gold Doc  :P
Pics available on news page of........................................... http://www.fullnoise.com.au/

More pics in this thread on the fullnoise forum=Off Road - General Room  Moto Related  Team Australia MXoN!!!

Monza Imports, distributors of FOX, and McLeod's, distributors of Fly Racing Gear, have revealed the kit the the Australian Motocross of Nations team will wear in Denver, Colorado this weekend.

Regular Fox runners, Jay Marmont and Brett Metcalfe will both wear the Fox Airline jersey's with a pair of FOX Platinum pants and the new FOX V3 helmet all painted in the patriotic Green and Gold while Dean Ferris will sport the Green and Gold Fly Gear. Ferris's M2R Helmet is a special one off painted by Brown's Grafix.

"We’re stoked that 2 of the 3 Aussie boys will be running this Green and Gold FOX uniform, it’s looks incredible and no doubt the boys will do us proud," Fox brand manager Mick Sinclair said.
The special gear the Aussies will represent Australia in will not be for sale.

and the track................... http://www.tvmx.net/
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 02:03:39 pm by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline NSR

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2010, 07:46:10 pm »
Too Kool, Rusty
The Swvm though the tree's! http://youtu.be/4h6BbasT16I
Metalink Conondale vinduro sprint. May 19/20 2018    
www.metalink.net.au  Bike trailers & Canopies

Offline NSR

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2010, 07:56:52 pm »
Who bought the blow up ;D

The Swvm though the tree's! http://youtu.be/4h6BbasT16I
Metalink Conondale vinduro sprint. May 19/20 2018    
www.metalink.net.au  Bike trailers & Canopies

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2010, 08:25:14 pm »
steve johnson brought it along with a barby
complete with handlebars throttle and levers
was my idea to put it on the bike
it had a million photos taken of it looked cool
follow me to first turn

Offline dave king

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2010, 05:30:48 am »
rusty...you didnt tell the readers how you were roosting me on my own bike!!!!!!!!!!!   You ozzies were my highlight of the weekend...you realy played the game and had fun.   Brad v/b looked totaly beat all weekend, as did john. chris punisment for making me look after his maico was getting pissed on free cider sunday night.

STW996

« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2010, 08:35:40 am »
Sounds like the boy's had a blast!

Dave we are going to call you Aussie Dave (AD for short) from this day on!!

We need you here foe CD next year mate you would fit right in!

Well done all

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2010, 08:45:50 am »
What an awesome weekend!  The biggest and best vintage motocross i've ever been to.
It was like being at a Grand Prix, the crowd was huge, the atmosphere unreal and the track was excellent.. long, wide, fast, big hills and bloody rough! 20 min motos were real hard work. The guys out front were unbelievably fast..they'd run at the front of a modern pro race back here.
I couldn't believe the amount of Maicos and there were so many trick bikes loaded with 'works' parts and even a few works bikes out on the track.
Dave King as his boys JohnnyT, Chris and Bermbasher were fantastic guys and helped us in any way they could making sure we had everthing we needed... many thanks to them.
I seized my bike saturday morning and a guy known as Maico Matty who i met walking the track thursday kindly offered me the use of one of his Maicos so thanks to him i was able to keep racing.
Also thanks to Dave for reopening the bar Sunday night after the barman went home.. we had a blast and all went home hungover with big smiles on our faces.
I highly recommend the trip to anyone thinking about going and hope to be able to go back again soon. 

« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2010, 09:53:27 am »
Ditto what John said.
 Made some friends on the other side of the planet. Great guys, shite beer. The cider started to agree with me by Sunday night though!
Much better atmosphere than the MXDN! I think more people as well!
We couldn't believe our eyes with the sheer number and quality of bikes. Trick/works stuff everywhere.
Again thanks to Dave, Berm basher, Simon, John, Chris (Woody) and Matty. It was great just walking through the pits chatting with everyone.
The trip is highly recommended. 5 stars!