Author Topic: HEAVEN VMX Inc Evo Challenge - 14th & 15th August  (Read 14992 times)

Offline Dan-166

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: HEAVEN VMX Inc Evo Challenge - 14th & 15th August
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2010, 03:13:21 PM »
At the end of the day, Pre 90 for the HEAVEN club is up to the clubs members. If the members decide that they want Pre 90 included in the race format ( remebering that any bike can be ridden on the Saturday Rec rides ), then they can make it happen by following the process as set out in the clubs constitution. All it needs is somebody ( or a group of people ) to be the driving force behind it to make it happen.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2010, 03:23:38 PM »
All it needs is somebody ( or a group of people ) to be the driving force behind it to make it happen.

Agree,By starting a new Pre90 club at grass roots level at least they can build on them selves and it solves all problems of a break away group in the future.
Oops hope this doesn't turn to a pre 90 20 page topic- sorry
cheers from the newly emerging west  8)
Best is in the West !!

Wotto29

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2010, 03:26:20 PM »

Dan it was in the consitution. It did read that the club (Hevean VMX) would cater
for bikes of 15 years of age and greater. I know this as I was a sponsor of the club
in the early days and when the original consitution was put together I printed approx
250 - 300 copies for the club, but someone along the way found in their wisdom
to have the consitution changed.

shoey

« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2010, 03:27:11 PM »
Fair call

But it's also the responsability of the committee to guide the club members in terms of long term viability and to insure the "long term" future of the club.

Forward planning for change only affects  long term viability of any organisation in a positive way.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 03:32:40 PM by shoey »

Offline Dan-166

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2010, 03:40:37 PM »
I hear ya Wotto, but I am only offering information on the way for it to happen from this point on. We cannot change what has happen in the past, we can only work with what we have at the moment.
I totally agree with Shoey in regards to the forward planning and long term viability.
I personally ( my view only and in no way speaking for the current committee ) beleive that Pre 90 will become part of the HEAVEN clubs format but not sure when. Again, THIS IS ONLY MY VIEW.

Offline czeck

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2010, 03:46:39 PM »
Hi
I will put my few cents worth in here.
I am with Dan. I have had several discussions with a couple of you that want to run a pre 90 and at this stage that is about 3 people.
As I have said before to you if you want to change something in the club, get together, become involved, help out, form a quorum and lets put it out for a vote. The committee can only guide the club.
I personally don't have anything against the pre 90, but it has to come from the members.

And Damo and Wotto there is plenty of riding over the 2 days, its called racing!, so I hope you have entered.
I heard the club that may want to run the pre 90 maybe Manly??????
rgds
Carl Blecher

Wotto29

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2010, 03:57:14 PM »

Hi Carl, so it's Manly. I heard possibly Oyster Bay. Maybe theres 2 other clubs interested.
  I'd love to race the 2 days this weekend but I woke up 1 day recently and found I only had
  moderns and PRE 90's in my shed. I had a couple of Evo YZ's but you stole them from me. Cheers, Wotto.....

Offline Dan-166

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2010, 05:29:00 PM »
All good stuff guys but back to the original intent of the post - 2010 Evo Challenge

Forecast is for the weekend as follows;
Friday - min 10 deg with max 17 deg, overcast with possible shower of up to 1mm of rain.
Saturday - min 8 deg with max 19 deg , no rain in sight.
Sunday - min 10 deg with max 19 deg, no rain in sight but windy
Slight chance of amber fluid being consumed to excess with high chance of fun and good times!

Perfect weather for racing so even if you can't or don't want to race, good opportunity to get out for a great weekend at the track!

ted

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2010, 06:07:05 PM »
Hey Michael you wanna buy a Pre 85 ..huh huh

Seeing as you aren`t  going this weekend, Clean out your trailer and i will swing by tomorrow to load it up with Heaven legal bikes

Gave up smoking 2 weeks ago ( thanks to Mrs S for Brains )...If i get thru this weekend i may stand a chance

Wotto29

« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2010, 06:54:21 PM »

No hope Eddy the boy and I will be going to Mt Panorama Sunday to do a club day (moderns)

and maybe play in the snow. I'm sure it will be 10 - 12 degrees warmer at Lakes. Don't be afraid

to turn the throttle on that 5 hungey, braappppp. Cheers.........

Offline Woody

• A-Grade
  • Heaven #70
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2010, 01:26:23 PM »
A big congratulations to the Heaven Committee and Lakes MCC for organising a great meet. The track was in fantastic nick and there was some great racing. Well worth the trip.

Hope that Scotty Copeland is doing OK.
WANTED 

1988/89 125 - CR KX YZ   
YZ125G, YZ250H and YZ80G parts
IT200 stuff
CR250RD parts

Offline gwc162

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
    • WayCool VMX Racing
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2010, 05:51:18 PM »
Great weekend thanks guys fora great track and a well run meeting
Geoff ;D
Suzuki RM250d, PE 250 c, WRf250, Multistrada 1000s
Heaven #162

Offline Husabergpete

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2010, 08:38:59 PM »
Racers Weekend Review -

What a weekend. An EVO Challenge to remember. Highlights of a brilliant track, prepared bikes, weather and post race fellowship.

Entry levels were good. Average around 20 racers in the EVO 250, 500 and Fourstroke events. Bit less in the other classes, plus age races including our (ever faster) Juniors. Reviewing the official race programe for this event shows the Jap bikes were the weapon of choice. Plently of YZ, RM, KX and CR with a sprinkling of Euro beauties from Scandinavia and Western Germany. Several brave soles deared to be different, riding a Can Am, Montesa and a KTM. With mixed results.

Around sun set the results from the day were put on display. Trophies handed out. Shots of Fernando Fire Water for those brave enough. Absynth was in the bottle - banned from most Countries for its hypnotic effects when drunk without moderation. After 6 shots, the author had no more pain in the body or issues with being taken to bed by 4 bright green fairies. Race talk around the open fire at Pete's Big Bus topped the night off for those left standing.

The day was not without incident. Scott Copeland got off his 1984 KX 125 over the centre table top, resulting in a broken tibia. Latest info from Dan is he needs surgery in Sydney. Speedy recovery Scott and thanks to those who assisted. Capt'n Carl coped a rock just below the left eye - result - 3 stitches and a tuff looking Capt'n.

Special mention to the winner of the Pre 78 under 45's - Heaven's No. 1 plate holder - Sean who was the only entrant.... Why make it so easy for him is the question?????

To be conintued
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 08:48:07 PM by Husabergpete »
KTM 250 1980,  Maico 250 AW 1977, Husqvarna CR 430 1981, , CZ 250 1973 and a 550 Husaberg

montynut

« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2010, 09:14:12 PM »
Scott Copeland had surgery today in Sydney, tranferred from Newcastle at his request. 5hr Operation apparently :o many plates and screws involved. The tibia had multiple fractures not far below the knee. I spoke to his wife as he had not returned to the ward at that stage. Best wishes to Scott for a speedy recovery.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 09:15:45 PM by montynut »

Offline Damo

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2010, 10:03:17 AM »
Really enjoyed the weekend, thanks to the Heaven comittee for making it happen.
The track was in awesome condition, a little bummed that only the Juniors enjoyed the full length track.
Hope Scott has a speedy recovery.

Damo