Author Topic: 2011 VMX Nationals  (Read 203982 times)

211kawasaki

Re: 2011 VMX Nationals
« Reply #660 on: September 20, 2011, 05:48:39 AM »
there's violence in that foot off the ground Shane ;D

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: September 20, 2011, 07:23:11 AM »
a foot!!!!!
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Devilman

« Reply #662 on: September 20, 2011, 06:52:39 PM »
Hey Freak... Great event dude.  >:( I had bike trouble, cartwheels, crashes, blisters and bad luck but Ive got a bunch of medals too, some great racing memories & moments our family can share forever ;D. Thanks for your efforts & Club Crystals for a great racing weekend. I've been to a few in my time & that was fist :o. I bet you'll get some crying from the open Evo boys  :'(for leaving most of their events till the end but it was the best thing for the older & littler bikes. So great job on the schedule whoever did that. Thanks Tanner for lousing your voice... um no.. I mean your work at scruit & the gate... & to Fatboy. Keep rolling Fat! The effort U Tazzy folk put in is impressive. Love your work on and off the bike.. Cant wait to come over next year for another crack

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: September 20, 2011, 07:04:43 PM »
Glad you made it and glad you liked the event devilman.  You can blame me for the program.  I went out on a limb to run the events in that order (against a bit of push back) but as you say i was trying to not have to get trackwork in or water for the older stuff and as the track fell off it made it a bit more interesting for the later post periods.  I think it ended up a fair playing field, and the Evo's wont have cried cause i set up all the laps so there were increasing per period the idea was to make 10 mins motos and limited lapped riders, and they all had the option to rid eup so they got plenty of track time. ;)

i think we ran in the end to within the allocated times per race infact we had time up our sleeve built in for crashes but as it turned out it was well set out so in the wend we had time we needed to kill on the sat arvo.....also as the event list was set out none repeditively, so that if you had a back to back race then you would have little or no chance of having that same combination and issue on the next day, so we spread any back to back pains around. 

The bonus on the later periods CC running to the end of the day i was thinking also that the more agressive and fuller classes would be a kinda day build up, if you noticed it panned out that way as the spectators hung around all day as the atmospher kept building.  That program didnt happen by accident so im glad someone noticed that hours that went into that ( given every other week it would get revised and changed as a class hit the magic 10 rider and become uncombined)

Yeah i reckon DaveT did a great job, too great proberly as he had them on the line faster than a whatsit, which again meant the program ran to its allocated slots ( hence we had to lose some time we made up)

question whats "fist " i hope its a good thing. ???
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 12:04:42 PM by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: September 21, 2011, 12:07:44 PM »
heaps more Pics now uploaded to craig wasleys - classic photos page. 

All practice and Friday pics are up there now.

HE got over 2,000 pics so might be a while as they upload in, but certainly worth a trip over there - every other day - as more go up, also get onto on the Face book page of the 2011 CMX for other links out
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 12:10:39 PM by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline 2 shocks

• A-Grade
  • Gods Country !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: September 23, 2011, 07:30:56 AM »
At the Nationals is SA, did anyone do the unthinkable and actually ride an Evo Bike ie, Air Cooled, Twin Shock, Drum Brakes in the Pre 85 Class ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ken Baker
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 07:34:13 AM by 2 shocks »

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: September 23, 2011, 10:05:39 AM »
At the Nationals is SA, did anyone do the unthinkable and actually ride an Evo Bike ie, Air Cooled, Twin Shock, Drum Brakes in the Pre 85 Class ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Ken Baker

Ken ,plenty of Evo 125's also they rode pre85 125.
Without them it may/would not have reached Championship Class. ;D
cheers S&A WA
Best is in the West !!

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: September 23, 2011, 10:31:33 AM »
i think you will find most of the CC's across the board did, i would say 60% rode in the pre 85 class, many finished top 8 too, there was no reason for them not too and many found after the first round they were just as compeditive as the later bikes, the 7 year section seemed fairly balanced as far as bike tech went it was the riders who made the differance, it was more a technical riders course in places, not who had the most bike travel over big jumps, so it really made no differance, and those thaty rode early gear in pre85 saw that out on the track.

The question might be how many Evo entrants came from pre 78 and how many came from pre 85
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 10:33:40 AM by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: September 23, 2011, 04:08:17 PM »
gees finish one more page off and this baby has hit 50 page count.....

74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: September 23, 2011, 05:54:32 PM »

The question might be how many Evo entrants came from pre 78 and how many came from pre 85

These riders will have to make the decision in next years Nationals split,unless they can afford to get to both events.
cheers A
Best is in the West !!

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: September 23, 2011, 07:12:39 PM »
correct, i saw evo as the middle ground in all eras, where if you really, really wanted to it was a place you could ride up, or others could ride down.  Potentially it was the All in class if you wanted to race you mates and proves whos bike from what ever era was best, but seems that not everyone wanted to know that..... ;D  the only looked at 1,2,3
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 07:15:50 PM by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: September 23, 2011, 07:27:17 PM »
You stylin it up there Freaky :)
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: September 24, 2011, 09:10:34 PM »
Western Australian Race Report from Barry Tossa..Great event with greater memories..  8)
www.vmxwa.com
Best is in the West !!

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: September 24, 2011, 09:18:03 PM »
I might be ducking and weaving for awhile.  Awaiting a good photo of the yammie with the mudgaurd on back to front to appear.  Was an absolute ball, hope our guys enjoyed it as much as i did
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: September 24, 2011, 09:21:24 PM »
I might be ducking and weaving for awhile.  Awaiting a good photo of the yammie with the mudgaurd on back to front to appear.  Was an absolute ball, hope our guys enjoyed it as much as i did

Ahh front mudguard hey !!
I won't mention the handle bars that got left behind in WA or the boots in 2009 ;)
What happens on camp stays on camp..I think that's a good moto/rule   ;)   ;D
cheers A
Best is in the West !!