Author Topic: Classic MX Nationals 6th-9th June Tasmania  (Read 75189 times)

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Classic MX Nationals 6th-9th June Tasmania
« Reply #195 on: June 10, 2008, 07:35:09 pm »
and Freaky - if I hadn't of cocked up that fantastic start in the 3rd leg you would of seen nothing but the back end of the 360 - and by the way all the photos I saw had you behind me so I am happy - maybe the transponders were wrong ;D ;D ;D ;D.

Gorby - thanks also for the lovely photo - NOT!!!!!! :D

What an awesome weekend - haven't had so much fun and met so many great people for forever and a day I think.

Tassie Scramble club are to be complimented on such a good effort - the standard keeps getting lifted higher and higher

cheers from Fatboyracing2

AKA Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline fatboyracing

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 10, 2008, 08:35:03 pm »
Great weekend, Great racing and Great company,
spent time racing freaky and rossco and I think they both got the better of me. I had a great weekend but now my bike looks like it has been run over by a car, exhaust pipe has been broken off at the rear bracket the frame is broken in two different spots, the head gasket has leaked out oil all weekend and in the last race of the weekend for my bike the base gasket blew out and more oil than Iran has pissed out all over the place lucky we are not racing again for a while.Shes going out to Gorbys house on the weekend for a bit of tlc and to fix all the problems. I had trouble on the second corner two races in a row and both times crashing into the bike in front of me. I was at the time angry with myself as once you have crashed it takes all the rest of the race to try and catch up .I had trouble with the manifold coming undune in one race and every time I backed off to take a corner a big blue flame would come out of the engine and burn my leg .I would like to thank all you mainland riders for coming down to race and I am pleased that you enjoyed yourselves. I am still very tired as I think I only had 15 hours sleep in three days and even yesterday I was back at the track packing up from 9.30 am to 7 pm and can now say that the sheep are back on the paddock and apart from the bear earth where the track was you would not know.

Rossco I would be very happy for you to become a FATBOY RACING team member and if you email me your address I will get some stickers done for your bike.

Once again Thanks everyone
Looking forward to the next big event.

Cheers
Fatboy

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 10, 2008, 11:42:09 pm »
Rosco you need to look at pictures from other than the first race. 

and yes Fat boy i blame that loss on the stupid 2nd courner also. 

Alas, it would have been a great track had we been able to ride from the gate up to the doubles albiet in another endless right hand turn.  IM not sure if i even got out of third ? there was no main stright to open the bike up on, and passing through the commentater spot with a  track would have been brilliant.   

God if it had another right hander i would have had to kill someone. for some unknow reason when you race most of you life always going left in a anti clockwise direction for the life of me i cant lay a bike over on the right anymore with out pushing wide.  spewy part was on those doglegs you couldnt even slam on the rear for a punch turn cause you had your leg out trying not to slip nto your arse.  Turn 2 reminded me of closing time at the local shopping centre, you just had to line up and wait your turn.

THE WEATHER WAS BLOODY BRILLIANT, not a drop of rain and sunny skys while the mainland apparently was the opposite.  Plenty of dunnies and food so you must have consulted with KENNY.

All round was a great weekend.

infact it was so good im trying to figure out how i can get some bikes all the way up to connondale for next year, assumeing you guys get a committee together soon, be good to fed the forum early so we can give thumbs up and down to your ideas :O)

camping at the track and pit parking is somthing you got going up there .
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

ianscr250

« Reply #198 on: June 11, 2008, 01:12:00 am »
scrampics would you possibly put a disk of pics together for me and let me know how much with some postage to wa if  you can and any of you other guys   
thanks

and ya gotta be silly to put a pic of ross online   thats a scary site considering he useed to be young and buff   

Offline fatboyracing

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 11, 2008, 06:38:12 am »
Ha Freaky,
I didnt know that you wanted a speedway track, the second corner was my fault I fell off not the tracks fault, Sometimes a track that challanges riders is called no good or too hard, Shit if we wanted it to be an easy track we would have applied for the dirt track championships insteed of the Motox.Which ever way we went left or right ment that there would be a lot of left or right turns as to fit 1.5km in that paddock ment that there was to be a lot of corners. I would like to think that more than most riders enjoyed the track, I know that I did even though it was a bit of a challange going anti clockwise.
I think most riders had not riden on a virgin race track like that before hense the windging about how slippery the first corner was until we lost all the grass.

Thanks very much for taking the motor across for Tony T that one was a trade for some xl parts he sent me.

cheers
Fatboy

scrampics

« Reply #200 on: June 11, 2008, 07:48:08 am »
 -I'd be happy to put a disc together  :)  If you can give me until I launch my photos hopefully by the weekend I will get straight to it.  I'll make the cost as reasonable as possible.  Believe it or not, I'm not in it for making lots of money but for the love of it.  I didn't ride over the weekend but I trully loved every minute of being out track trying my hand at seeing what images I could come up with of those who were riding. :)  I am a full time Mum, so about the only chance I really get to sit for a while is when the kids have gone to bed, no one else to help.  Hubby knows how to work the forums and ebay! ;D Bare with me.

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 11, 2008, 09:01:01 am »

I think most riders had not riden on a virgin race track like that before hense the windging about how slippery the first corner was until we lost all the grass.

Thanks for a great weekend Fatboy!! I think the track was grouse, something different, it was like a road race track compared to victoria's tracks. The racing was so close and i really enjoyed watchin how people went about getting past someone as the track was very one lined. I think the whinging about getting the first corner ripped was more common sense than anything, they weren't whinging for no reason, it was concerns that everyone was there to have a ball tearin time without seein old mate get run over in the first corner by many other bikes due to a hard baked road runnin through it. Once they tidied it up i didn't see another crash there unless it was due to some serious bar bangin in turn one. Hence no ambulances required! Thats a good sign.
 I wish we could do it all again, it was well worth the trip, very well run and beers all
round!
Thanks to Peter for letting us stay at his mansion.. I want to live there!
 Also the VICS took some glassware home ;D
Maico's, the only way to go.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 11, 2008, 09:06:02 am »
NA the track was good, dont get me wrong, im just no good going right.  but you got to admit that first corner and the second bottle neck was a shitter ? just see the first foto on this page, the pack is jammed in.  would have been nicer i think to have pissed off that corner  and 2 then had a nice flowing start up towards turn 4, you would then also have had a main straight so you could wind the bike up, and use more than 3 gears.

its just feedback so dont take it the wrong way, i just wish i had a 4 stoke  i reackon that would have been a perfect track for that kind of braking.

Was there a fence or somthing between us and that next paddock ? what would have been really great would have been to pick up on that undulating hills.

Still credit to you all was a great weekend :O)
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 11, 2008, 06:11:13 pm »
VMX247, in the rules and spirit of vmx wtf is training got to do with it??

The Rules are as follows:

Owners of any exotica ie CCM, HC, Mettises, Cheney etc shall be penalised by 100m.

If you have ever won any title go back 200m, actually if you have ever won a race you can go back too.

If you have done any of the following in the off season go back 50m; gone to the gym; jogged; exercised; not eaten Maca’s, KFC or Burger King; changed the TV by hand

If you have washed and serviced your bike after the last race of last season, go back 20m.

If you have given up alcohol or smokes go back 50m for each.

If you weigh over 90kg advance 50m, for every additional 10kg’s advance another 20m.

If you ride a Bultaco advance 50m.

If you have finished rebuilding your bike at 6.00am on Race Day advance 50m.

If you have drunk a six pack the Saturday night before Race Day advance 50m, with an additional 10m for every stubby over the six pack

If you weigh over 100kg and break rules 2, 3, 4 and 5 you may ride your open class bike in with the 125’s.

If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

« Reply #204 on: June 11, 2008, 07:16:23 pm »
And if you ride a Yamaha, stay where you are. You have been punished enough!
BTW i am green with envey. Wish i had been able to make it

Offline fatboyracing

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 11, 2008, 09:22:02 pm »
Hi All,

Chck out these picts from the weekend 198 pictures some great ones.

www.freelancephil.zenfolio.com

Orders taken contact him through the site nice guy as well.

cheers
Fatboy

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 11, 2008, 10:15:51 pm »
great pictures heaps better than the last nats ;D
follow me to first turn

scrampics

« Reply #207 on: June 12, 2008, 08:13:33 am »
[

Have a little over 1400 images that are keepers, thus why it is taking me a little longer than my fellow snappers.  A couple more that I came across, the imfamous second corner!  Hubby is going to help me break the photos down into albums and then only have to launch them all.  Thank heavens, I have broadband now!  Only used to have dial-up and 40k speed  :o 

« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 07:36:58 pm by scrampics »

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 12, 2008, 05:55:27 pm »
I've just checked out a heap of photos on the 'Freelance' site and the track conditions appear ideal.
Beautiful looking dirt! deep brown, lined with rich green grass.
I must visit Tassie one day, with or without the bikes!
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

husky61

« Reply #209 on: June 12, 2008, 06:39:35 pm »
Best week off that i have had in a long time.

I could not ride due to an injury  earlier in the year ,so i went over to Tassie on the ship with a mate who could ride and had a thoroughly good time. Our wives flew over to meet us and also enjoyed the trip.

It was by far the Best and most organised meeting i have been to in a long time.

Great catering at the track complete with real coffee van.

The presentation dinner was absolutley fantastic with buses organised to pick-up and return you from the venue.(nice touch)

The races were well contested by all involved and it was sensational to see alot of the bikes ridden by young guy's.(very fast young guy's)

Old Boagy was punty around on his CZ's and picked up a swag of trophies.

Great turn up by the West Aussies.They came along way , Well done and fine effort.

Congratulations to the Tassie Club .

Bring on the 2009 Nats and all being fair and reasonable i look forward to racing.

Cheers Shoey