Author Topic: Classic MX Nationals 6th-9th June Tasmania  (Read 75190 times)

Offline gorby

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Classic MX Nationals 6th-9th June Tasmania
« Reply #165 on: June 07, 2008, 08:31:07 pm »
do you want more?,they are only from a point and shoot camera but it gives you a bit of an idea what is going on down here.
Top bunch of competitors,99% smiles and great to see them congratulate each other after coming in.

what about the other 1% you say?

you get them everywhere,the whole field can get around a corner but when one of these premadonnas falls off,then its the track design ???

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 07, 2008, 08:46:50 pm »
YES Gorby! we want more!
that whole show looks just sooo damn tasty!
lush green grass.
keep it comin!
"flat bickie"

Offline gorby

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 07, 2008, 09:07:52 pm »
only took pics from the quad while on bunting duty,will try for some pitlane pics tomorrow.

these were some of the quick riders

This is an older bike at warp speed

Offline gorby

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 07, 2008, 09:32:58 pm »
few more,time for bed,5.30 rise :-\

poor old fatboy getting down and dirty

Offline gorby

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 08, 2008, 05:03:58 pm »
It has been run and won

not real sure who won what until the presentation tonite.

weather was kind,don't think the ambos had to lift a finger,

competitors were great and smiling,one engine size protest and that was dismissed on inspection and both parties were satisfied ,the protester conceded that he was beaten by a fair faster machine/rider.

met mxmaniacs mum and his brother who i am pretty sure won the open evo class from my son!
Its a small world,
I better get cleaned up to party!!!!

oldfart

« Reply #170 on: June 08, 2008, 07:05:52 pm »
Thanks for the updates  and pics     much appreciated  :)

ianscr250

« Reply #171 on: June 08, 2008, 10:59:22 pm »
Hello again guys
im seriously hoping all your would be photographers out there in the land down under  or the map of can get together and put a disk of picture together for us who missed out i recon most would pay for the disk  i know i would
and i still hope someone slapped rossco for me

and Rossco the car is still in one piece and thanks mate

also for the guys interested my site is now back online and updated with fresh pics of some different subjects

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 08, 2008, 11:27:52 pm »
Noted one of the faster riders pictured...Has number1 plate and a CZ jersey.... Possibly no the  best VMX rider ever in Australia on any machine?? John Boag??  ;)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 10:28:57 am by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 09, 2008, 09:25:33 am »
There were photographers everywhere so there will be plenty of pics all round! There were TV cameras and news reporters..
WhaT a great weekend, my brother came home with the evo and pre 85 big bore title on the big 490.
Very well run, the racing was unreal, bar to bar racing all day! It was good to see everyone was havin a laugh, meeting other people and checkin out all the neat bikes everywhere.
 Thanks to everyone involved, bring on 2009 where i might be un-injured and can have a blast!
Maico's, the only way to go.

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 09, 2008, 09:40:38 am »
I think the Vics did very well.. i would like to see how many trophies are on the way to mantle pieces in Melbourne. ;D
Nick and Jodi Smith and the Herbert brothers kept the commentators mouth dry, I think Nick smith thought it was a 3 hour enduro.. He did back to back races all weekend! He did more races than i can count on both hands and even with taking my shoes off... :D
 Peoples heads were spinning seeing how fast all the boys can punt the oil burning antiques around, with Shaun, Nick, Jodi and the 2 Herbert boys Blowing berms to pieces and cuttin lap times that Hurricane Hannah would be bamboozled buy.
Good work Lads.. It was awsome to watch!

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 09, 2008, 09:49:36 am »
Was Gorby's son a young fella on a TT500? number 38? I think it was and he lost the front and crashed in the 1st race while chasing Shaun on the 1st lap, he rode really well to get back upto 3rd, as the tack was very one lined and nowhere to pass. I saw many faster riders doing everything possible to get around slower riders and someontimes not being able to get the job done cleanly.. It was excellent racing!
I think in the other 2 races he got a 2nd and a 3rd. Very nice guy and for someone who was 1st time out on the old banger was on the gas.

scrampics

« Reply #176 on: June 09, 2008, 10:01:44 am »
Well, what a way to spend three days!  From freezing on Friday with 3 degrees and fog we all thought would never rack off, to two full days of brillant bar to bar racing at its best.  I was out and about with the camera, the lady in the brown beanie trying to snap you all as you ripped up the track!  ;D  Hubby got third in the Pre 85 125 Solo :D ;D That was something.  I have stacks of photos, some I haven't even looked at yet.  My camera is sitting here beside me waiting to reveal some more from yesterday.  These are just two pics I quickly found.  I didn't get home until 12:45am after dodging deer and roo on the way home.  13 hrs sleep in three nights and my brain cells are goin' on strike.  They are of Hubby 175 and Gorby's brother 666  Will post some more when I can.  Also, would be happy to put together a DVD Slideshow of pics for you unlucky souls who didn't get the chance to join us all for an unforgettable three days,

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 09, 2008, 10:38:55 am »

...one engine size protest and that was dismissed on inspection and both parties were satisfied ,the protester conceded that he was beaten by a fair faster machine/rider.

I think we all roll our eyes when we hear of protests, but they're in the rules for a reason. This one sounds like the protester found it hard to believe the winner was on a machine of the stated capacity.

My 326 looks like a 250; no physical difference with only the yellow number plates indicating its true class size.
The previous Owner mentioned perhaps it was originally 'a cheaters bike' as only a 'take the head off' inspection would show the larger bore. For all the World it looks like a 250.

With the protester conceding and "both parties satisfied" you can't ask for more than that. It is an Aussie Title after all...
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

TM BILL

« Reply #178 on: June 09, 2008, 12:24:19 pm »
Wombat the protester couldn't do much else but concede could he, if the capacity was proved to be what it was entered as then the protester in my opinion should be made to buy a drink for everyone at prizgiving  ;)

As you say rules are there so protest can be lodged, Who pays to reassemble the protested bike when all is as it should be  ???

Looks like it was a great event , damm i should have made the trip  ::) Congrats to all the competitors , glad to see my Mate Nic Smith do well as he was robbed at Coffs last year by bad luck.

Offline gorby

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 09, 2008, 12:27:14 pm »
here it is lunchtime and I have just woke up,the body went into meltdown after the last few days.

The young fella came home wth the second place trophy and was rapt.

back to the track for packup ::)

I gave this bloke a slap,hope he was the right one :)

and here is 2 shocks

if I can get a copy of the results,I will post them later.