Author Topic: Classic MX Nationals 6th-9th June Tasmania  (Read 75180 times)

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Classic MX Nationals 6th-9th June Tasmania
« Reply #180 on: June 09, 2008, 12:28:04 pm »
Sounds Fair! Both ended up happy. I would feel like a dick protesting against someone.. unless i was a sure thing winner, but thats just me. ;D
 Nick Smith rode the wheels off everything he threw a leg over.. His corner speed was lightning!
Maico's, the only way to go.

Offline 2 shocks

• A-Grade
  • Gods Country !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 09, 2008, 01:31:02 pm »
Hi All,

Just arrived home from the Apple Isle, and what can I say, we had a terrific time. Track was good, all were happy & friendly, racing was at its best & the presentation night awesome. My personal thanks goes to the Tassie Scramble Club for their effort in putting on a great event. The event even got a look in on Win TV & a couple of the local papers & may I say, it was a pleasure to meet with you Gorby.

MX Mum #54

Devilman

« Reply #182 on: June 09, 2008, 01:57:06 pm »
Had a massive weekend cheers Tas Scramble Club for pulling together a great event. Can we do it again next weekend please????

Offline 2 shocks

• A-Grade
  • Gods Country !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 09, 2008, 02:21:09 pm »
Devilman, Dont you ever give up ????????????

Devilman

« Reply #184 on: June 09, 2008, 03:53:27 pm »
I love to race 2shocks what can I say??? Especially when the track/venue/set-up is magic. Can U blame me???

As for TMBILL.... shame billy boy shame...... U better have a good excuse for pyking bro coz U missed a ripper!!!!!

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 09, 2008, 07:35:19 pm »
I think sleep is overrated; why sleep when ya could be posting photos of ya dirty weekend on the Apple Isle!
Just a thought... ;)
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 09, 2008, 08:40:08 pm »
Well done to everyone who made it happen and to everyone who made the effort to race it .It looks like a great weekend .
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

scrampics

« Reply #187 on: June 09, 2008, 08:51:59 pm »

These are just some I picked out from browsing through one folder, can't remember the exact number of shots, little over a 1000 I think ::)    A dirty weekend was had by many  ;)

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 09, 2008, 09:00:10 pm »
y'know, i'm yet to see a bad pic!
sure looks the goods! thanks to everyone thats keeping us up to date with the event, much appreciated.
"flat bickie"

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 09, 2008, 09:27:09 pm »
HAS ANY BODY GOT THE RESULTS

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 09, 2008, 11:13:44 pm »
Nice photos scrampics - ya gotta love explosive bermshots!!
It looks like it was quite a track...and that open face helmet on #182 adds to the whole vintage feel.
Congrats and well done to the event organisers and the adventurous souls who made the effort to be a part of it all 8) ;).
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Offline gorby

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 09, 2008, 11:21:05 pm »
the track site has been amost returned to a paddock,the small tracked bobcat has smudged the berms back in and only the dirt from the jumps is left to cart away.A small team of the usual people turned up and packed away the tyres,bales,bunting and orange pegs.
One of our helpers found out what happens when you stick the pressure washer into the bottom of a porta-loo at the wrong angle :o.

another couple of pics

a pair of beasts with their horse rugs on

and this one that is also in the photo/caption forum

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 10, 2008, 11:41:07 am »
Photo's at www.fotosports.com.au
Cheers,
K

scrampics

« Reply #193 on: June 10, 2008, 03:24:16 pm »
Thankyou for the comments.  I really do hope to have some if not all photos on the web by Sunday.  Going through quality control  ;D at the moment as well as handling life's other jobs at the same time.  I can hear comments, screw that put more photos up! ;)  Soon as I get the chance I will put some more up.  They will be found at http://picasaweb.google.com/scrampics when the time comes.  Will eagerly look forward to what you all think.  :)

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 10, 2008, 06:20:47 pm »
Freaky has returned.  HAd its good, bad, etc etc, but sleep calls.   I have the final placing sheets for 3 races,
pre 74 all powers, pre 74 250 and the 30-39 yr group, each with round points if you nee to know where you ended up.

Have the link written down too so if i get a chance to unpack the car and where i wrote it ill post it but from memory you can see the times  when they upload from the AMB transponders, i think they came from NSW so the results should then come up there in due course --> http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevents.jsp?st=3&org=12723

but All you need really to know Ross#34 was i beat you  ;)

Ann marie have sent you an URGENT PM

And Finally I must also do a shout out to OUR OWN Tony.C from these forums, what a fucn awsome display of riding !  that was some of the best moves i have ever seen, He had those beezas smoking every thing on the track, and had em scratching there heads, that old english shit couldnt be that FAST  :o so they had a protest on the 250 as some kinda 360+,  unfortunately some dill spend $70 bucks to find out they werent, it was just that the captain was on the track. 

I saw tony first hand and still cant believe the speed he carried through the corners and the air he took on pre 70 bikes,  you passed me flat knacker over the doubles so fast i though you was part of the skylab falling.   

YOU deserved the 4 Australian titles you won on the weekend even with out counting the aussie titles 2nd and 3rd you got. 

THAT WAS A real RIDING LESSON. ;D

freaky be back later..................

Here they are this links to the print outs on paper -->   http://www.ma.org.au/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Home&Template=/CM/ContentDisplay.cfm&ContentFileID=35564
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 07:18:39 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff