Author Topic: Classic MX Nationals 6th-9th June Tasmania  (Read 75197 times)

husky61

Re: Classic MX Nationals 6th-9th June Tasmania
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2008, 08:06:57 am »
For the cost of passage you can log on to the Spirit of Tasmania site.

Phone : 1800 634 906
Phone international : 61 3 6421 7209
Fax 1800 636 110
Email: [email protected]

Shoey

Offline Brian Watson

• Legend
  • First Penton in OZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2008, 09:15:53 am »
Hi guys down in Tassie..any word so far on numbers of entries recieved?...still holding off on booking passage etc until can confirm that the event is a goer..

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2008, 09:51:58 am »
you better hurry up and enter before ya miss out. :o
I believe fatboy (tassie secretary) is heading up to CD5(NSW) to do some promoting and entries there ,so it's a goer.
unless he is just going to enter the chilli comp ;)
Best is in the West !!

Offline gorby

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2008, 06:57:36 pm »
Its all go down here in tassie,we had a site inspection at the weekend and in two weeks time we have exclusive use of the area  to start putting it together.

We have a major sponsor and several sub sponsors.
Catering is organised,
Dunnies booked,
council permits done
ambulances booked
security being organised
all weather access to track and car parking areas
water available if it forgets to rain
flaggies and volunteers being recruited
race caller/announcer organised
The presentation do is almost %100 organised
and multiple other details being sorted as we go.

As far as entries go,fatboy knows the figures, I think he mentioned that there were over twenty entries already in a couple of the classes.

so its up to you to enter,get organised and get here ;D.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 10:00:35 pm by gorby »

Offline fatboyracing

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2008, 07:54:10 pm »
Hi All,
well put Gorby, we are all but ready to race entrys are pretty good so far at 74. Pre 75 classes will fill up both 250 and 263 and over are over 28 entries in each class. So please if you are holding back entering for some reason please bring your entry form and money with you to CD5 and we will take it back to tassie with us.

We will have details of class numbers, accomadation and the presentation dinner Also the Spirit of Tasmania has specials on at the moment 50% off.

Please send your entrys in now and dont miss out .
Entrys close 16th May avoid the late fees.

Shane Fraser
Fatboy Racing
Secretary
Tas Scramble Club inc.

211kawasaki

« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2008, 10:08:49 am »
Fatboy

be there on the Thurs Night and out on the Sunday, once the eligibilty stuff is out of the way put me to work on a corner / start/ whatever.

Can the riders make sure that you have correct machine ID per the GCRs IE "E" for Evo etc. This is a requirement at the Australian Championships so better to get it arranged before hand.

Dave Tanner 211

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2008, 12:26:16 pm »
Hi All,
well put Gorby, we are all but ready to race entrys are pretty good so far at 74. Pre 75 classes will fill up both 250 and 263 and over are over 28 entries in each class. So please if you are holding back entering for some reason please bring your entry form and money with you to CD5 and we will take it back to tassie with us.

We will have details of class numbers, accomadation and the presentation dinner Also the Spirit of Tasmania has specials on at the moment 50% off.

Please send your entrys in now and dont miss out .
Entrys close 16th May avoid the late fees.

Shane Fraser
Fatboy Racing
Secretary
Tas Scramble Club inc.

how much is 50% off ?
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline fatboyracing

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2008, 05:33:18 pm »
Hi Freaky,
Fairs are now $69.00 each way for cruise seats and $61.00 each way for your car,ute etc
you can update to a cabin for an extra $49.00 .This is for bookings before 30 June and travel from May3 to August 31st.
I think these fairs are not to bad in price

Cheers
Fatboy

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2008, 09:06:22 pm »
hi ya fatboy,
you have probably left for CD5 now.. but I'll ask again and again till june.
Did you get any sidecar entries for the Nationals.???
Thanks
alison
Best is in the West !!

Offline fatboyracing

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2008, 06:37:36 am »
Hi Alison,

As much as I hate to say it NO NOT ONE I dont no what we have to do to get them to enter. I am heading to CD5 tomorrow at 5am on the plane I am just heading out to find my gumboots , I wish we could have some rain down here we havent had rain for months.

Keep the entrys coming .

Cheers
Shane

Offline 2 shocks

• A-Grade
  • Gods Country !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2008, 02:20:49 pm »
Hi All,

Cost as follows for 1, $69.00 + $61.00 for the ute & driver one way, sleeping in an Oceanview recliner, but please keep in mind, there is no sailing from Devonport to Melbourne on the Sunday night, so the return trip will be the Monday, so if you need to work on the Tuesday, do some grovelling now with your boss, unless you are going straight to work once you get back on dry land. Some of you will probably need the rest of the week off to recover, whether that be your liver or your aching bones ?  Sorry guys.

Mrs Maico   

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2008, 02:47:27 pm »
HOw far it the track from the boat. As in if you get the Thursday ferry and you get in the dark, how long does it take to get somewhere you should be so you can get to the track without missing sign in ?  I got this one back on the agenda, i just need to figure out the logistics and i might do it.

but im not one for getting organised, like if i get a cabin do you need to get another person to go in with you or do you get whatever, and when you get off ( the boat that is) is it like a crazy mountain goat ride like trying to get to the snow fields in the dark ?
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2008, 03:35:47 pm »
freaky - no where is far in Tassie - the boat docks at Devonport and would be at most 1 hour to Launceston (maybe less with all the small town bypasses going in).  Depnds on where you are staying.  Carrick is on/just off the main way and as the guys have said is 15/20 minutes closer to Devonport from Launceston - all excellent roads etc etc etc nothing like trying to get to the ski fields!!

cheers

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2008, 05:14:01 pm »
Havent got as far as the staying part yet ross.  Where is this place anyway ? and have the tassieclub got some deal going with a local motel of somthing ?  What about cabin shares etc ? anyone looking for a 3 or 4th wheel .?...  P.S  and you pick up your own soaps no kontra ok.

So if you get off the bout at 6pm you get to the palce at 7pm IS that the idea ?
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2008, 09:11:56 pm »
Freaky - Carrick is one of those nice small towns you pass through on a trip - as we said it isn't far from Launceston so I dont think there are any specials being negotiated around town as there is heaps of accommodation very close.  I tried to upload a google map for you but my internet connection here at work is so slow it aint going to happen - just go to google maps and put in Carrick Tasmania - not far from Hadspen west south west of Launceston.  As far as convincing somebody to share with them well...............................

cheers

Rossco

Hope to see you there!
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica