Author Topic: Classic MX Nationals 6th-9th June Tasmania  (Read 75179 times)

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
Classic MX Nationals 6th-9th June Tasmania
« on: December 02, 2007, 09:40:19 am »
Now on next years  calender 6th -9th June Tasmania.
http://ozvmx.com/community/index.php?action=calendar

Re: Classic MX Nationals 6th-9th June Tasmania
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 09:58:27 am »
I'd love to be there, any Queenslander got any ideas as to getting a swag of bikes there. If i have to drag my bikes down myself, it will be out of the question. If someone wants to drive a big pantec down and has room for my bikes, i would be keen to pay my way as the time away from work is the big killer for me.

YSS

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 10:46:47 am »
Same goes for SA , if everything is going ahaed in Tassie. We would be taking the race truck and could tow a big trailer with bikes for other people. But things would need to be sorted early , as we could not do a last minute operation.

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 10:01:34 pm »
hi whats the format over the 4 days would you be riding each day  ??? is it different classes each day thanks......

it ran last time i started it  ;D
follow me to first turn

Offline fatboyracing

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 08:41:25 pm »
Hi Guy,
Just an update
Tassie Nationals are defiantly a goer (but over 3 days)
Friday 6th Scruttinering and Practice
Saturday 7th 2 rounds
Sunday 8th 1 round and presentation dinner that night.

The Venue is confirmed at Quercus Park Carrick about 15 minutes from Launceston in the north of Tasmania
The track will be natural terrain with a couple of small jumps for the older bikes and a few larger jumps for the newer bikes this track will be designed to cater for both old pre 60 bikes as well as the later pre 85 bikes also, with the track being two tracks in one. We would race all bikes on the one day with sections of the track changed for the older and newer classes.Myself and a couple of our committee designed the Deloraine track in 2003 and ask any one who raced how great it was, next years track will be as good or better Guaranteed.
We are in the process of signing a naming right sponsor as well as holding talks with a couple of accommodation places for cheap packages for you guys who come.
The Sub Regs and Entry forms will be released as soon as the 2008 MA GCRs are released with a list of new rules and classes including evo and pre 85.
Please feel free to ask me any questions and I will get back to you asap as I am answering about 8 emails a week to do with next years championships.

Cheers
Fatboy
Shane Fraser
Secretary Tas Scramble Club Inc.

gator

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2007, 09:10:34 pm »
so hilly and 414 are we going sound's like a great weekend ??? ???

YSS

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 08:28:20 am »
Hi Fatboy , do you run weekend licenses? What are the procedures and requirements to obtain.?There must be more people like me , that only participate one event for the year and dont want to pay 300.00 or more and jump through hoops.

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2007, 09:21:25 am »
 Hey Gator it does sound good ,I cant lock myself in just yet but i will aim at it , I would like to have my YZ250J goin for that . Is there camping available on site ?.
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

rosmar

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2007, 11:11:56 am »
Hi Fatboy , do you run weekend licenses? What are the procedures and requirements to obtain.?There must be more people like me , that only participate one event for the year and dont want to pay 300.00 or more and jump through hoops.
The Senior One meeting National licence will apply at these Championships. Refer to page 43 of the 2007 MOMS (Manual of Motorcycle Sport-the rule book) for details of how to apply for this licence.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 08:01:57 am by rosmar »

YSS

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2007, 01:47:20 pm »
What is a MOMS ? where do get MOMS ?

YSS

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2007, 07:36:31 pm »
Thanks Carl for the phone call. Now it makes sense . It is the MA the Rule book , as we reliques know it., Who would have dreamed of calling that. MOMS . I must be getting old or out of touch with reality.,
What is a MOMS ? where do get MOMS ?

211kawasaki

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2007, 09:01:24 pm »
Brad
myself and Col Metcher will be (hopefully) going pending some issues, (wife very sick) assuming all is OK what we did the last time was to use the local Launceston removal company who picked up crated bikes from work and allowed us to put them together at their depot. We rented a ute and the rest is history, really simple cost about 800 per bike and Col and I shared the bikes between us. We then did everything in reverse and flew home.

It worked out really well considering it cost me $1100.00 in fuel and about 2k overall to get to CD4 and 2 days each way.

I'm going to be looking into it in the new year and will post what we are doing to get there and any other Queenslanders are welcome to jump on board, might save some money if there is more of us

Dave

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2007, 10:21:21 pm »
Sounds like a plan Dave.

TM BILL

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2007, 06:46:07 pm »
Hypothetically  ::) could a person enter a pre 75 bike ie CR 125M or TM 250L in the pre 75 class .

Then move the shocks to modified mounts on the frame and ride in Pre 78 at the same event  ???

Why would you i hear you ask  :o In a nut shell more ride time without carting more bikes across the ditch  :)

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2008, 10:41:46 pm »
Hey Dave and others wanting to do the treck to Tassie, my old man is willing to do the trip, provided 1 or 2 others come to share the driving so as to drive straight through.I had thoughts of hiring a pantec and draging my dads big trailer which will be enclosed. I would fly down myself so i dont have to take as much time off work.Anybody up for that?