Author Topic: Election Result  (Read 19691 times)

Offline maicomc490t

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Election Result
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2007, 11:37:33 pm »

Hey Firko - did you slip in the tounge when you got the kiss from JK, lol.

Both sides have their disadvantages but this time around I would like to see labour just edge in (that way they know they to keep their heads pulled in. The reason I want to see the Libs get a good kicking is because Work(choices?) was brought in without a mandate - it was way to serious for Howard not to have spelt out his intentions BEFORE the last election. Beside that Costello would slide into the PM's chair - perish the thought!

For those of you old enough to remember (and this will show my age) don't you think that Kevin 07 looks like one of those kids at school who knew everything, always dobbed you in and was entrusted as the only responsible student to fill the ink wells, lmfao! We have reached a fork in the road where working families must be protected ??? - strange speak, but that's our Kevin07.

Either way we are stuffed with the ALP by 8 - 10 seats.

Most pollies are pricks - and have never done dirt riders any favours!!!

I'll see John Howard with me at the back of the pack at 9pm Saturday  ;)
VAPOUR (AKA HYDRA / HYDRO / AQUA / WET) BLASTING AND GENERAL ENGINEERING 0416074750 (or) [email protected]

DUCATI Parts wanted esp 450 R/T and other early models inc V-twins

BULTACO M49 parts wanted

Offline Tankslapper

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
    • Hydrosteer
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2007, 08:24:06 am »
Been able to buy more bikes/projects in the last ten years than I ever have. Johnny must be doing something right !.  Kevins team leave a lot to be desired.

All Things 414

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2007, 08:30:10 am »
So no one here was paying a mortgage in the Keating 90's era? If there was any money left over from paying for the roof over your head then there's no way you would have had your "toys" to spend money on. And if you consider that the Ozzie dollar at the time bought you about 50 cents US, well you would have been better off selling off your extra bikes to Simsmetal to pay for one spark plug.
I'm sure if Peter Garret becomes Envioronment Minister, Simsmetal will be the only place you can take your bikes on the weekend.........
:'(

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2007, 08:34:31 am »
It always did amaze and shock me that so many Australians would put such a high value on interest rates and not give a fig about any other thing the government did.  I guess that's how Howard got away with all the crimes that he has committed over the last decade - we all got bribed.

magoo

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2007, 09:30:26 am »
That would be funny, Environment Minister Peter Garrett chaining himself to the main jump at Oran Park to stop those disgusting, polluting 2 stroke motorcycles from destroying the environment.

mx250

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2007, 09:47:23 am »
That would be funny, Environment Minister Peter Garrett chaining himself to the main jump at Oran Park to stop those disgusting, polluting 2 stroke motorcycles from destroying the environment.
Nah, he won't have time. He'll be on one tax payer junket after another burning 20,000 litres of kero in the stratoshere going to from one conference on Saving the World to another  ::)

mx250

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2007, 09:56:48 am »
It always did amaze and shock me that so many Australians would put such a high value on interest rates and not give a fig about any other thing the government did.  I guess that's how Howard got away with all the crimes that he has committed over the last decade - we all got bribed.
I concur Twisted. There's a little more to judging a government than the economy alone, and there's a little more than good economic management than government policy. Does 'When America sneezes the rest of the world get a cold' strike a cord.

And in recent times Australia been riding on the back of the mining boom brought about by China's boom which had nothing to do with Howard or his govt.

Yamaboy

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2007, 11:19:27 am »
Don't overlook that if you are voting Liberal, you're voting for Costello as Prime minister. I'm certain the only reason that Johnny has stayed in the job is because they know the haven't a hope of winning an election with Costello driving the bus. Imagine 4 years of Costellos smirky arrogance on your TV screens every night. The Labor South Park gang might not look too pretty but they deserve a shot at it. I think Rudd might turn out to be a pretty smart cookie and he's got a pretty smart missus as well. I don't think the interest rates will be affected by anything but world economy pressures.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2007, 11:33:15 am »
I reckon Kev got wedgies every day when he went to school. Now it's payback time I reckon. I hope he doesn't give us all a wedgie. His minions don't fill me with confidence I must say.

agree a dumber gilard i have not seen.

im so over the election and the money we waste on those adds, half the lot and then half them again and we might get some value out of all the polies......

Without an opposition federally in power, labour i dare say it will run as half arsed as they do in every other state in Australia, and they cant even get that right, how the hell are they going to get it right with more power ? and no checks and balances /

they will piss away millions on trying to fix there feel good voting campaign sellers around health and education hoping to make a warm impact, but like pissingin your wet suit it only stay warm for a will, then where do they get the coin from when they have handed it all out on freebies to keep the minorities happy ? in tis case to heads arent better than one. IF i vote for rudd i get gillard and her ineptness is only covered by kev spukings from well paid spin doctors

we should be able to Vote in each minister from any party to form a credible and powerful government every candidate should be an indpendant even to the ministers voted in, like a super team, you get the real smart ones like costello to do the treasury, you throw in any good ones from the green, labour or wherever you'd get what you want.

imagine being able to build a 74' super bike from any parts you like ?  rather than as you do now you got 2 choices a suzuki or a yamaha  thats it, the rest are euro's you have only heard about but never seen.

God help us is gillard or rudd get in, tweedle dumb and dumber, its like having 2 bushes, i havent seen 2 blanker looks and verbatum speak since the wedges ,  'Mark Warey 'and Gerry (Jason Gann and Dailan Evans) — the apologising sportsman and his manager
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 12:15:47 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2007, 12:43:52 pm »
if labour get in i for one want to see Garrett do that radical dancing during question time  ;D
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

YSS

« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2007, 01:36:52 pm »
What ever we vote for , it has no meaning . One crow does not pic the others eye. Even the loosing party is still a winner. As long as there is this a two party system with preferences and election money,  ( I believe its a Dollar or more per vote ) there is no real competition. Even as a looser you still get all the intitlements and perks, the party donations and generous bord salaries on diffrent companies or organisations. So whats the point? Its one big show.I think I stick to bikes and enjoy every day for as long as I can. 8)

magoo

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2007, 02:23:48 pm »
Some of you blokes seem to think when you wake up on Sunday morning with Uncle Kev at the helm, life's going to resemble the Pure Blonde ad on TV. I just hope he doesn't end up like the fat truckie, spraying shit all over us.

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2007, 02:50:07 pm »
I luv that add .and i think your on the money
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

yzinger

« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2007, 04:46:58 pm »
it'll be interesting to see if Howard actually looses his seat to Maxeen...

labor will win but it's be interesting to see by how much.

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2007, 05:18:47 pm »
And I thought VMX and politics didnt mix ::) :o ??? Wake up and smell the coffee, dont we come in here to get away from boring, bullshitting bastards like politians :o ::) ??? Who ever gets in will piss you off, put their hands in your pockets, lie to your face and generally do nothing and get paid alot of money for it. And then the worse of all..... in few years time they get to do it all over again. Get back to the real pleasures in life, VMX, beer and good mates.
If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer