Author Topic: Girls on side cars  (Read 25349 times)

Offline ba-02-xr

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Girls on side cars
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2009, 09:23:11 am »
Thats the place. 1 hour 15 mins south of the border on Newell highway. So don't listen to my traing for the last 30 years & most of all DON'T listen to what I teach outhers(I am a coach). A mate has a KTM outfit up here. But I would like to know what to do first. You learn faster than just testing your own "I think" way.

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2009, 10:19:37 am »
Gidday ba02xr, good to hear another voice in the wilderness. Yes I think the KTM chair is down your way but I not sure if either of the boys no which way is out and that's a shame because at least one of the new team has to have an idea what's going on.
We are doing a display at Dalby on the 15th Nov and it would be great if you could come up. We are always willing to let newbys have a go and are even willing to let some dudes have a go on my Wasp Yamaha 650. It's the sweetest little outfit and is quite mild to learn on. Good for drivers and passengers alike but still quick enough to win on when she gets going.
Get on to those lads with the KTM and get them to come up as well.

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2009, 10:22:43 am »
.......................A mate has a KTM outfit up here.

do you have any pics of it. what era & engine is in it ? (i rode one for a year in 1987, it was a EML 540cc KTM hence the interest)
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline ba-02-xr

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2009, 08:29:23 am »
Hoony it use to be a 500 2/. But MENT to be 620cc now. Its about 85 500 frame etc with link front. Wont bloody stop & enough power to make you s**t. If you live long enough. Best guess the whole thing is about 85. Sorry no pics. EML 15 would be good but unable to come. We have outher race comitments down here. That sounds like it would be great. This bike I think needs sombody in the know with 3 wheels to help set it up.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2009, 08:54:19 am »
We have adout 5 or more girls swinging ATM in sidecross and 3 in Dt outfits, so you can tell your daughter its not such a silly idea, i noticed on the weeeknd in the 85cc sideacars the top 3 wining teams were brother sister outfit.   
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline ba-02-xr

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2009, 09:21:20 am »
I dont think its the sidecar part she thinks silly. I think its the "get on there with you" part.

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2009, 09:47:12 am »
We've told the boys with the KTM outfit that we would help them with some set-up but if you've done some time on one you should jump on with them.
Sorry to hear the 15th is out, we'll post some photos.

Offline ba-02-xr

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2009, 12:17:54 pm »
I know them really well & am allowed to ride it. But I have never riden sidecars before so as far as learning to ride it its the blind leading the blind.

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2009, 02:52:08 pm »
Pretty much par for the course around here!!
It's probabley not something you can do by corospondence so best you get it up here or invite us down for a club day so we can give our unqualified pointers..

Offline hitatreeonce

• A-Grade
  • rather be an old fart than a young dickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2009, 08:35:21 pm »
Have a go I do and so does my daughter, I'm slow but I have fun doing it

Offline ba-02-xr

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2009, 02:08:21 pm »
If I keep working at her(threats like if you dont you cant race the next day on your 2 wheels >:() I may be able to get her there. I have a while to go as shes only 9. How old does she need to be?16 ???.

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2009, 05:25:42 pm »
Yes she needs to be senior, bit of a shame 'cause she might be a bit smarter then and want you to have a go and let her drive!! best you start getting fit old mate.

Offline ba-02-xr

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2009, 12:16:17 pm »
Its probly beter that she has to be senior. At 25 ks she would not have much input to the bike. But the power to weight ratio would be awsome.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2010, 03:30:35 pm »
2 chicks and a chair.  Dont remember the names but he rider also rode a modern Solo.  was an ASA event.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 03:32:14 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2010, 03:34:44 pm »
I think the younger sister has been roped into swinging,   probally sold out cheaply for a barbie or clothes

74 Yamaha  flattracker's