Author Topic: Budget flat tracker  (Read 18740 times)

firko

Re: Budget flat tracker
« Reply #75 on: September 21, 2009, 04:17:26 pm »
I wish we could report a fairytale ending to the budget build with Pete blitzing his class and taking home the trophy and the trophy girl but sadly it didn't happen. Some unfortunate jetting problems saw the engine nipped up enough to cause Pete to park the bike to prevent any further damage. Before pulling the plug, the bike proved that it'll be a formidable weapon with some solid holeshots on the opposition. Peter reports the bike handles like it was on rails except for the usless Taiwanese trials tyre Peter used to keep the bike under the 1k budget limit. A Michelin will be on the bike for its next public appearance. After parking the IZ465 Peter rode Herbies ATK604 on Sunday to some nice mid pack finishes on an untried combo also in need of some sorting.

hotdog1975

« Reply #76 on: September 21, 2009, 05:43:39 pm »
damn shame...a bit too LEAN & mean

Curly3

« Reply #77 on: September 21, 2009, 06:19:00 pm »
Although Pete will no doubt be a bit disappointed that the bike didn't see the weekend out, he shouldn't be to hard on himself because the bike was immaculate and his attention to detail is second to none.
Given it was the maiden voyage, little gremlins are always going to be an issue.

colmoody

« Reply #78 on: September 21, 2009, 06:38:00 pm »
Looks as good in the flesh as it does in the shots on this site. If he told me it took him a year or two to build I would still be mightly impressed. But to think it came together in the time it did and at that cost............unbelievable effort.

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 21, 2009, 06:49:04 pm »
I reckon all would have been sweet pete, if you had of had one spare day up your sleeve first to fine tune and dial it in. Any how don't loose heart. Look at those space shuttles with all the technoligy in the world, one of them only lasted seven seconds ::) with nothin left to sort out latter ::)
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline Grasy 6

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 21, 2009, 09:18:34 pm »
Met Peter on Saturday , Great bloke to talk to and easy going & obviously VERY  cluey. Best thing I liked was his God damn MAGERITA maker Saturday arvo & that $1000.00 bike looked trick well done.