Author Topic: Hopetoun GP vinduro, June 1  (Read 18709 times)

Offline Luffy

• C-Grade
  • Next project
    • View Profile
Re: Hopetoun GP vinduro, June 1
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2014, 08:16:06 am »
He crashed that hard the earth moved..... And some how has a non- runner demised on 3rd lap after roller coaster section, but revenge is a dish best served chilled, and towed him with the Ktm... And will never let it go. And still not going at least I only need to kick till Monday?
Don't think he is aware of crash evidence so will break it to him slowly, one pic at a time he he...

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2014, 09:15:24 am »
I think your enjoying this Luffy ;D :D

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2014, 11:52:18 am »
Looked like a great event, well done to everyone involved. To me it looked more like those races in the late 60's, early 70's like Barstow to Vegas, I reckon your doing yourselves an injustice with the name..... it doesn't look like a Vinduro to me, it's not a motocross, not a trial, I would drop that word [vinduro] out of the race name [even though it's not a race?]....call it the "Hopetown GP" ...l'm not criticising, to me it looks like a unique event in our very small sport so why not give it a name for people to remember and talk about [the Conondale Classic has this reputation now, overseas you have events like Diamond Donn's, Farliegh Castle etc]....."vinduro" sounds lame.....just a thought....our VMX/Vinduro sport is very small and if we want to market our sport to other people then little things like this are where we can gain an advantage....once again, well done, hopefully one day I will come down and ride it!
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2014, 02:32:36 pm »
you'll have to put the (rac)coon skin hat on backwards and gear ya bike up!

though vinduro ensures everyone knows its non competitive.. the thought of competition does turn a lot of old trailbikers off as its (competition) a world away from a lazy couple of laps after a good chat the nite b4 ;D :D

PS its one I reckon we could have a race class if the time keeping could be set up....but probably too hard to run with the others in the middle. don't mess with it....

Offline Viper79

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2014, 02:35:35 pm »
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 02:39:33 pm by Viper79 »
QA50 KO, XR75 K5 Race bike from VMBA days, XR400R1, CRF450R3, RM400T, DR650SE with off road adventure mods, MX360A, YZ400D, YZ465H, IT250H, 1985 Jawa 897 Slider, 2016 Jawa/GM Slider

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2014, 05:27:17 pm »
And it was run in 'Hopetoun', not 'Hopetown' so it's best not to minimise VERi's event by comparison to that other one! :D  The mention of a desert sled/Dakar exhibition 'class' has already generated additional interest for next year. While the event was well patronised this year I reckon it'll really grow in 2015 now that the word is out - it is a unique event where a real mix of machinery from pre85 MX bikes (with the purchase of a UVP) to pukka vinduro mounts can run together on a challenging course in the public forum.
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2014, 05:58:57 pm »
was a great ride in the spirit of harrow and will develop as time goes on to be a similar institution! hopefully i'll be back next year!