Author Topic: Anarchy in the UK  (Read 6934 times)

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Anarchy in the UK
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2011, 10:21:08 am »
When they first got the 9mm they had a training day at the local range for coppers only.
That's exactly what happened  ;D
[/quote]

Compared to 38 SPL , 9mm has higher casing pressures being developed as smokeless round rather than old black powder cartridge. This combined with better cartridge and bullet development means 9mm is better compared to 357 mag.

IMHO autoloader is harder to handle than revolver unless you use it a lot.
formerly Marc.com

mx250

« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2011, 01:28:13 pm »

Should be aiming for centre of mass and keep firing till threat goes down,the 9mm is a pissy round with not of lot of retained energy........
The average engagement distance for cops is less than 7 metres. A 9mm at 7 metres will put you on ya back and in the morgue ;).

,coppers who end up shooting someone in the leg have poor trigger control ie snatching on the trigger hence pulling the shot down

If the barrel drops 45 degrees it would because the shooter didn't have proper hold or had his eyes closed ;).

mx250

« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2011, 01:30:13 pm »
coppers who end up shooting someone in the leg have poor trigger control ie snatching on the trigger hence pulling the shot down
When they first got the 9mm they had a training day at the local range for coppers only.
That's exactly what happened  ;D

If anyone is shot on a shooting range it will be poor discipline or supervision and never technique ;).

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
  • life sucks&then you die
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2011, 03:24:20 pm »
think it only took a few days for a copper to shoot themselves when they where issued with the glocks.
i have seen a police shoot,very scary to think they are given a weapon,practice once or twice a year,then off they go with a big iron on the hip.most are flatout hitting the target at 25m.dosnt take much of a flinch or snatching the trigger to miss by a long way with a hand gun.i shoot olympic diciplines and it isnt like the movies. mark you are right a revolver is easier than an auto 38spl ok but my .308w thompson encore is truly a giggle ;D

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2011, 05:42:42 pm »
Well despite all the jumping up and down and wrongly blaming 'migrants' there is a 'bigger picture' with this, it is not 'disaffected youths' at all it is all about London's drug trade. The rioters are either junkies hanging for a free fix or monkeys of the organ grinder.
This is from another forum where a member checked with his 'sources'
"The Met has of late had some new and much better intelligence on the drugs trade in the UK, which of course is centered here in London, There was, for example, a huge haul of high grade narcotics on a cabin cruiser in Southampton just recently.

The Met has been putting a lot of pressure on the drug barons in London - probably a planned operation to go on for several weeks before they say anything about it. Deliberately so.

The man shot over the weekend, who apparently pulled a gun before he was shot by the police, was himself a leading light in the drugs trade in that part of London. The riots that followed locally were simple retaliation.

The drugs barons are losing credibility among their own commanders and foot soldiers, who increasingly fear that they too are now vulnerable; they simply do not know where the police are going to strike next.

So the drug barons urgently needed a show of strength, to show they could still call the shots. They organised the riots. The riot leaders have been filmed in urgent phone calls on their mobiles (cell phones) organising the next step. The summonses to arms and the next centre of rioting have been made through Twitter; it is planned, not spontaneous.

The riots have been concentrated almost exclusively in those specific districts of London known to be the centres of the capital's drugs trade; very conspicuously so - that's where the footsoldiers generally live and so can be marshalled quickly. Obviously some local tearaways just want to join in as well, but the drug barons won't exactly object to that.

It is (highly unofficially) in the police's interests to let the riot spread somewhat, to see how many rioters the drug barons can bring onto the streets, to see how many of them the police can photograph.

Dramatic television coverage of shop and buses burning should also persuade the liberal tendency (of whom there are many, especially here in London) that the Metropolitan Police would now be fully justified in taking somewhat tougher action; the cinema-verite TV footage makes even the normal citizenry suddenly turn angry and militant. The police could then obtain greater powers without all those Civil Liberties types promptly jumping up and down in their cages."

The riots aren't going to destroy the country mate, I wouldn't sensationalise it too much. A friend of mine lives above the shops in the centre of Bethnal Green and it's not nearly as bad as it's been made out to be (there at least) by the media.

The fires are the worst bit I guess but the issue will die down, especially (believe it or not) when it rains later in the week. It's not the first time we have had small localised pockets of unrest and it won't be the last.

On a more positive note my friend mentioned that the Turkish and the Kurds protected their businesses very suucessfully! A group of massive Turks with baseball bats is apparently enough to send your average rioter on his way to find an easier target!

Also the Jewish areas were completely untouched, makes you wonder what has happened over the years to discourage anyone from messing with them!

Jesus only loves two strokes

TM BILL

« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2011, 06:18:38 pm »
Lozza Maaaaaaaaaate who do you think the drug dealers are  ;) theres a reason they put cotton wool in the top of pill bottles , to remind them coloured folk they was cotton pickers long before they was drug dealers  :)

The sinbads and the bubbles get left alone not cos the average Pom is scared of em but becase how many rugs can you fit in a squat ? and even i can only eat so many kebabs  ;D

As for the red sea pedestrians , it all to hard looting them  ::) they dont mind being looted but they like to negotiate what you can take .

Maurice and Avi walking down the street when around the corner comes a gang of skinheads , Avi says to Maurice " Maurice were gonna get done here Maurice " Maurice replies your right Avi , heres that 500 quid i owe you "  :)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 06:31:39 am by TM BILL »

mx250

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2011, 06:14:09 am »
Succinct........

Offline grouty

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2011, 06:43:05 am »
Poor response by the UK bobbies. Riot control should have been faster.
I reckon if they rapidly imported the bobbies from Northern Ireland the job would have been sorted on the second night.

Many years ago in eastern europe I had the chance to "play" with a South African "riot gun" in a rather nice underground range.
Not pleasant for the recipients, but it supposedly works well.
I guess use of the IMI Desert Eagle would not be good for the bobbies either if a Glock is a "handful"  ;)
Thumpers Rule !

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2011, 05:45:35 pm »
 While we have P. Wong and co with arrested sexual development problems [in this country] I saw on the tele this morning that there is a push in the good ol' USA by some other group with confused sexuality, pushing for Bert and Ernie, [yes, the Bert and Ernie from sesame street]
                          TO GET MARRIED!?!!!!
 pancho.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!