Author Topic: wagga dirt track nats  (Read 31935 times)

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Re: wagga dirt track nats
« Reply #90 on: October 22, 2007, 01:06:56 pm »
Love to see more photos guys, looks like it was a winner all round !
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

211kawasaki

« Reply #91 on: October 22, 2007, 07:13:41 pm »
Hi Guys

just back from Wagga after a 3800k round trip, just wanted to add my thanks to all the guys for the camaraderie and the Club for a great event, in 30 odd years of Dirt Track I would rate this track at the top of the list. It held together better than any other non oil track I have ever been on and was just so consistant all day.

Worth every cent and mile to go bad luck to the guys who couldn't get it together to get there it was one not to miss.

Tanner

Offline Cozzie

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 22, 2007, 08:04:53 pm »
 I have got to agree with everybody so far.It was by far the best organised event I have ever been too,held at the finest dirt track i have ever ridden at.The only suggestion I would make to anyone thinking of going to the Nationals in the future is don't stay at the same motel as Klub Kevlar the night before the racing.

They are very liberal with their "wog" beer in the 500ml bottles and then when they get you primed, drag you down to the local watering hole to finish you off.I'm not sure if it's just hospitality or some kind of tactic.

Either way I enjoyed every minute of it, even the bits I can't remember.It was great to catch up with everybody and tell some lies.Hopefully we get a Nationals next year, because I wouldn't miss it for all the "wog" beer in China.

By the way, what was that stuff called?

Cozzie   ;) ;) ;)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 08:07:32 pm by Cozzie »

firko

« Reply #93 on: October 22, 2007, 10:33:47 pm »
It was a pleasure drinking KOZEL LAGER from the Czech Republic with you Cozzie. What happened to you on Saturday Coz? We were looking for you to pit with us in Kamp Kevlar.

Offline YUMASTEPSIDE

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 22, 2007, 10:52:03 pm »
    I travelled down with the Coffs Harbour guys and we had a ball!!
  Here are some pics of the more interesting bikes.......... 

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline YUMASTEPSIDE

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 22, 2007, 10:54:57 pm »
      Thanks to Wagga club

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 23, 2007, 07:06:34 pm »
I have to echo everyone's comments, it was a slick operation alright, although the heat and flies were unexpected. The one thing that I thought could have been done better was practice. 3 laps for riders who've never been to the track before, when they are up against a field deep in Wagga and Griffith riders, was a bit light on. Especially when you consider the condensed program meant plenty of time to spare. Perhaps a good 10 minutes per class would have been better? That said, the racing really was superb, and I am in awe that people can ride TT500s so fast. That guy on #9... That thing ripped, especially the bit where it holeshot every race I saw. And how the hey do you make a DT250D go that quick???

My day wasn't so good... The Husky broke in practice, and the TM was so far out in setup that it barely kept up with the slowest bike in the field. Add that I couldn't get it off the line and my two races were very sad affairs. Better luck next time I guess. I spent most of the day trying to rejet the TM and just sitting around feeling cheesed off so didn't get around to catching up with a lot of people I should have, but as Firko pointed out the camaraderie was excellent. It was a damn fine event, bring on next year (and I'll be better prepared too). So who's up for the Jack Hogg in Feb?

Here's a few pics that my bro took.

Offline Grasy 6

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 24, 2007, 09:46:50 pm »
Hi Graeme M
Hope you had as much a ball as we Griffth riders did ?  Peter Lee,Kieran Virago and myself David Gras from Griffith have never ridden or seen the track before in short circuit form. We all thought the track was superb. Most of our bikes had not been started since the last decent Aussie titles back in 1998. We were as green as you guys about the track, our bikes would not of lasted for a long practice session - you know how dear methanol is don't you? But those old Japanese Honda Twins are fun, Pete and myself are now heading off to the Aussie Long Track Titles to compete in the American versus British Twin Cylinder Challenge at Blayney on our old banger CB350's on November 3rd as it has rekindled an old flame.  Might see you there!  From the Griffith Fast Guys.

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 27, 2007, 09:52:56 pm »
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 09:54:48 pm by Noel »

Offline Stewart Allen

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 27, 2007, 10:19:31 pm »
Hi,
   We have the VMX Nats date & location set for next year, does anyone have any idea when & where this event might occur in 2008 ??
CHEERS STEWART

Doing it to old things is fun
# 74 Heaven
IT490 Will be going one day soon
CR125M
SL175 bitza
IT250D needs work
CR250RE Not going as yet
YZ125F

211kawasaki

« Reply #100 on: November 29, 2007, 09:41:27 pm »
Tasmania, 1st weekend in June if Im not mistaken.

DT

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 29, 2007, 09:47:30 pm »
 ;D
Yep that would be the MX Nats,
what about the dirt track,
maybe if these dates can be sorted out there won't be too many clashes next year.
I heard a rumor about who applied for the dirt track but as MA haven't yet posted any thing I'm
not sure,
 The GCR's suggest 2nd or 3rdd weekend in September I think.
Noel
Oldstuff pm sent
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 09:57:05 pm by Noel »

211kawasaki

« Reply #102 on: December 02, 2007, 09:16:20 am »
sorry Noel, looking at the VMX Nats in the post threw me. CDT Nats will run next year as there are applications in to run which if nothing else is very positive for us all.

dt