Author Topic: 2011 VMX Nationals  (Read 205937 times)

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 VMX Nationals
« Reply #345 on: April 21, 2011, 10:35:54 PM »
as I said a different thread - but I believe there is a way a split at pre 78 can be encompasssed by the VMXWA club - and is currently being looked at to keep the constitution intact and still allow for running a Nats at pre 78 - open the mind guys and broaden the horizons.
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: April 23, 2011, 11:29:02 AM »
Regarding costs, there is a move afoot to address the permit cost by dividing it. The thinking is say each pay for example 60% of current fee. That means each promotor saves 40% on current fee, and MA gains 20% to cover the extra admin involved. Should be win-win, but early days yet. This only a gleam in the eye, so don't bank on it.

Offline Iain Cameron

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: April 23, 2011, 04:58:52 PM »
Hi freakshow as my post has vanished I'll post again .Entry in the mail ,pre70 250 and open ,pre75 250 and open ,pre 78 250 and open . please have a nurse and oxygen handy .regards Iain
Yamaha tragic ; dt1, rt1, dt2, rt2, dt2mx , rt2mx , mx250, mx360,sc500, 74dt125, yzx125, yzc250, yzc400, yzd250, yzd400, yzh250, yzh80 , dt100 , xr75 ko xr80 03 , it175 82 . Not a member of any club

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: April 27, 2011, 06:16:02 PM »
Question regarding entry,
I was of the beleif that age events for pre 75' included riders of pre 65 and pre70 machines,
as there is not a sepparate entry for "age in era" ,
 the entry form only asks age at bottom of entry
will it be taken that all pre 75 (pre65 and pre70) be included in age relevent events,
Cheers
Noel

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: April 27, 2011, 07:10:11 PM »
I was of the beleif that age events for pre 75' included riders of pre 65 and pre70 machines,
will it be taken that all pre 75 (pre65 and pre70) be included in age relevent events,
Cheers
Noel

point 10 of sup regs..
The age classes,with the exception of the super senior will depend on the numbers entered and the capcities of the machine..
point 11.2 also
so in other word closer to time will be at the descretion of the Hosting Club/promoter and SCB decide to do.
Thats the way I read/understand it ..Freaky may know more.
cheers A 
Best is in the West !!

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: April 27, 2011, 07:51:37 PM »
Yes I read that,
and that is why I ask the question,
   because if I don't enter my pre 70 bike in pre 75 I may not be counted in the numbers for a class  to be allocated a seperate age event

hope that makes sense
Cheers
Noel

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: April 27, 2011, 08:05:27 PM »
Yes I read that,
   because if I don't enter my pre 70 bike in pre 75 I may not be counted in the numbers for a class  to be allocated a seperate age event

hope that makes sense
Cheers
Noel
We assume that the age era applys to all pre75, so put it in both class's on the entry form 70 and 75 or ask the race secretary.hope its the same bike  :-X
good luck
cheers S&A WA
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 08:07:05 PM by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: April 27, 2011, 08:28:53 PM »
Yes I read that,

Cheers
Noel

will confirm officially for you and get back soon, but.......
if i was to think about it logically id say age is based on just  that, not the bike so its up to you to enter you and nominate in the right age group, then ride a bike that fits into a cut off under the period threshold. So long as the bike has scutineered and has its correct transponder fitted to it, it is eligible to be ridden, it is then up to the ridder to decide what bike he rides and if he thinks its up to it. even if it was a 1960 unit.

however .....i can't see that logic appllies to the bike based class itself, such as the bikes need to be entered in its respective era ie pre 70, pre 75 and so on as in it cant be ridden up as i understand it. so please dont enter a pre 70 in a pre75 bike race.

Noel, just enter your bikes in there correct periods and then nominate in your age clasifcation, so long as the bike ridden on the day is made before 1975, i cant see what the issue could be, but as i said ill get an official MA word on it, if it helps any.

but i'd say its all good in the age section.

age section will be about you and your age first.  We will create from that  nomination to run classes, not what other races your doing or have done.

if more than 10 in an age i will split it to bike capacity and so on.  meaning as per the supp regs we will modify or create classes to maximise Australain title oppertunities and fuller grids.  basically it will probally pan out that everyone is entered in there age and you opt out, rather than opt in, if that makes sense.  :P

fork it ..just enter  ;D
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 09:02:09 PM by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: April 28, 2011, 05:50:00 AM »
Yes I read that,

Cheers
Noel

will confirm officially for you and get back soon, but.......
if i was to think about it logically id say age is based on just  that, not the bike so its up to you to enter you and nominate in the right age group, then ride a bike that fits into a cut off under the period threshold. So long as the bike has scutineered and has its correct transponder fitted to it, it is eligible to be ridden, it is then up to the ridder to decide what bike he rides and if he thinks its up to it. even if it was a 1960 unit.

however .....i can't see that logic appllies to the bike based class itself, such as the bikes need to be entered in its respective era ie pre 70, pre 75 and so on as in it cant be ridden up as i understand it. so please dont enter a pre 70 in a pre75 bike race.

Noel, just enter your bikes in there correct periods and then nominate in your age clasifcation, so long as the bike ridden on the day is made before 1975, i cant see what the issue could be, but as i said ill get an official MA word on it, if it helps any.

but i'd say its all good in the age section.

spot on freaky, cheers Trev

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: April 28, 2011, 01:15:55 PM »
NICe thanks trev, i like it when we agree  :P

there you go Noel ! your ready to put that entry in now ?  If in doubt just write me a note on the entry to say enter me in the pre 75 age group .
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Brian Watson

• Legend
  • First Penton in OZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: April 28, 2011, 04:52:21 PM »
My understanding is that age group racing applies only to pre 75  (that also encompasses pre 70 and pre 65 and pre 60)... it does not however cater for pre 78 or pre 85 or whatever else comes along....so ..whilst the MOM's states for pre 75 only ...it is actually excluding pre78 and beyond...ride your pre 65 bike in the age group that you fit...

211kawasaki

« Reply #356 on: April 29, 2011, 04:04:01 PM »
The rules do not state you can not ride up a class in anything other than pre 78. There is no reason or rule that says you cant ride you pre 60 in pre 65,70 and pre 75 if you want, you could ride it in pre 85 if you wanted to (but why?)
Some clubs for what ever reasons will only let you ride one bike in one class - I dont get it, its a local rule not one in the GCRs. My take on it is you can enter at a nationals as many classes as you want if you pay the per class fee; the bike should be complient to the class and thats it; if you ride one bike in 5 classes there is no rule that says you cant. Even with pre 78 you can ride in pre 78 and EVO and pre 85 - should not be issues. Age classes are for pre 75 class machines, these include machines pre 60,70 and 75 machines so there should not be a problem in riding your 1969 CZ in the pre 70 class then lining up in the pre 75 classes on the same machine.

Thems are the rules folks. ;)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: April 29, 2011, 05:05:23 PM »
CheersNoel
point 10 of sup regs..
The age classes,with the exception of the super senior will depend on the numbers entered and the capcities of the machine..
point 11.2 also
so in other word closer to time will be at the descretion of the Hosting Club/promoter and SCB decide to do.
Thats the way I read/understand it ..Freaky may know more.
cheers A 
Yes I read that,
hope that makes sense
CheersNoel
We assume that the age era applys to all pre75, so put it in both class's on the entry form 70 and 75 or ask the race secretary.hope its the same bike  :-X
good luck
cheers S&A WA

211 can you answer/confirm this above query plz. Ages in all pre75 class's
Will it not depend on number entered...cheers A
Best is in the West !!

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: April 29, 2011, 05:12:16 PM »
Cool, thanks for that clarification Dt.

so where's that entry at noel........

Alison at this state there will be ALL the age groups Run in pre 75, im sure we will have the numbers.    Its just weather there is the option to split out in to capacity by time or by entry number of 10 to increase that scope.

Based on this discussion it will most likely be easier for us to just enter all pre 75 riders ( inc pre60, 65, 70 etc) will be entered in there age grouping, then its up to them to opt out - and nomitate if they wish to ride it and on what bike.  ( i cost no more for the rider to enter the age as the have already entered a bike /transponder ) so its a given there eligible.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 05:19:34 PM by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: April 29, 2011, 05:28:27 PM »
My entry was not dependant on the answer to this question ,just checking which box's to tick
but in responce to "DT" the sup regs contain these ,

9.4 In addition to pulling down and checking of machines after official protests have been received by the Clerk of Course in
accordance with the GCRs, the Scrutineer may request for a member of the rider's team to pull down, under the Scrutineer’s
control, any machine that has taken part in the event for checking and measuring. A member of the rider's team must be
available at all times to carry out the strip down. Failure to comply with this rule will result in automatic exclusion from the event
results. All Bikes are only eligible for their era class.
and

18.4 Bikes must be entered only into their correct class — at the discretion of the Race Secretary.

18.5 Multiple entry of the one machine in the competition is not permitted.

cheers
Noel
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 05:30:21 PM by Noel »