Author Topic: Pre-65,,,Eligible MAICO s  (Read 29069 times)

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Pre-65,,,Eligible MAICO s
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2014, 04:11:49 PM »
mick after we spoke on the phone earlier today I decided to go straight to the lawyer and draft some papers for you to sign, which hospital are you in buddy, we don't want anything to happen to those parts if the worse was to happen and the kids had a garage sale,heaven for bid ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
;D

Offline Rosco86

• A-Grade
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2014, 07:10:42 PM »
Hope you are on the improve Mick, too many projects await to be lolly gagging about in hospital.
Rosco86

Offline Maico-Mac

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2014, 07:12:31 PM »
It happened quickly.
I started vomitting large amoints of blood.
By the time they got me to hospital I was also passing large amounts of blood. I stopped drinking weeks back and have been taking asprin on an empty stomach every morning to stop withdrswal head aches :P but my gut is alrrady stuffed from pain killers and anti inflatories.  Nill by moth now. I will be fine but. I am fit now, just a ruptured ulcer or something.
Thanks for the good wishes with Kel.

Ps; lucky I am not a johoba ;D

:o sounds not good...
I hope you get well soon, because I've good news for you  ;)

Cheers
Marcus
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 11:26:43 PM by Maico-Mac »

Offline Maico-Mac

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2014, 07:19:11 PM »
I've found a picture of a Maico-Metisse on an french webside. It seem to be a wider frame ?!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2014, 08:28:37 PM »

Ironically my Daughter is here bringing a new baby into our world 8)

geez whizz  :(  ..look after yourself Mick D for the little tacker and we all be needing more pre65 gear   :-*  :-*
Best is in the West !!

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2014, 09:47:55 PM »

Holy Shit Batman, if that's what happens when you give up the piss I might just keep drinking :o. All the best for a quick recovery my friend.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Its a boy
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2014, 10:36:01 PM »
Thanks so much for the kind PM's and kind wishes for our Kel. She means a lot to me as well as to others.

She is now doing fine after bringing a baby boy into the world ;D
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2014, 10:43:13 PM »
Congratulations Grampa ;)
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2014, 12:09:07 AM »
Thank you Firko.
Another reason to hang around for.

My partner never cracks the shits with me, but she has made it clear that it is not a joke any more and a lot don't get revived on such a large bleed out and the speed of my blood loss. I've never seen so much blood. I doubt many could imagine the mess I made. BIG mess. HUGE mess. At moments, very embarrassing, but uncontrollable. So very thankful and grateful to the professionals at John Hunter Hospital. Its all just hit home. I feel a bit corny to say "I owe them my life", but they did save my life, just. Uuummmh, :-\ Just made it.
I am home now to heal enough for the twin cameras to find the leak, one from the north and one from the south ::)
Seems I cant put it off any longer ::)
A nurse from the hospital even rang this afternoon to check on my status and said she will call again tomorrow. I am gob smacked at how well they do their job.

And I am lost for words on what to say to the well wishers except, thank you. The PMs and phone calls really gave me a lift, thank you. I will reply when I get a chance.
These modern phones are great, I near pee-ed myself when I read Tim and Paul's post(that was when I was told "it is not a joke" ;D)
I am fortunate to have some very good friends. I now seem to have more that have come from the vintage dirt bike scene. Three people I met in this dirt bike scene have offered to assist to help me. My life friends have it covered, but I am neverless
Very Humbled, thank you to all.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 02:44:46 PM by Mick D »

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2014, 09:08:08 AM »
Take care of yourself Mick....It will all pass soon enough and you'll be back up and tinkering with your bikes. All the best for a speedy recovery.
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline Maico-Mac

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2014, 03:46:01 AM »
So while Mark is getting well and weller  :)  I have some hot stuff for long evenings for you.
Here is a link to very good racing pics from 1957 - 1972, taken during the Austrian GP in Sittendorf.
I don't know if it's new for you...  Unfortunately they haven't sorted them, so 500 GP and 250 lokal are mixed. But if you download the "Programmheft" you can sort them  ;)

http://www.technischesmuseum.at/motorsport-in-oesterreich/veranstaltung/articleid/2503

Also have look at Hornstein, a lokal race !

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2014, 08:03:04 AM »
Thanks TBM, and yeap Mark is getting weller now ;D
I was training four hours a day when I ruptured my stomach, I had just finished an hour and a half of smashing out ab-crunches on a kayak ::) no more training for awhile now, what a bloody relief within itself :D Just starting up a bit of real gentle walking now.

There is some good clarity amongst those pictures Marcus.
They show great detail for us scrutineerring Aussies of exactly what was going on way back then, on any given year.
Example, 1959, check shocker mounted on top of front guard and preferred small front hubs
Check #70 as well :o

Danke

« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 08:53:22 AM by Mick D »

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2014, 08:12:38 AM »
I have never been a fashion miester.
But imagine having one of them old regoed Maicos for a pit bike at Broadford Bike Bonaza.
And to be able to get your hands on one of those trend setting retro helmets with one of those Vee-neck body armour suits as well, cool as ice 8)

Remimds me of when I was a whipper-snapper. Canvas Jim boots, tee shirts and Sloppy Joe body Armour. And them rich kids with gloves.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 08:20:23 AM by Mick D »

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2014, 09:03:06 AM »
I have never been a fashion miester.
But imagine having one of them old regoed Maicos for a pit bike at Broadford Bike Bonaza.
And to be able to get your hands on one of those trend setting retro helmets with one of those Vee-neck body armour suits as well, cool as ice 8)

Remimds me of when I was a whipper-snapper. Canvas Jim boots, tee shirts and Sloppy Joe body Armour. And them rich kids with gloves.

And weren't you as happy as Larry when you finally got an old pair of firemans boots and a pair of gloves! I even managed to save enough for a "race face" by the time I got my 2nd bike  ;D and a sloppy joe with a Honda "H" on it that I screen printed at school....
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2014, 10:21:42 AM »
So while Mark is getting well and weller
Mark is getting weller now
I am actually Mick but back to you....Hang in there and do everything the medical pros tell you mate. I thought I knew more than them and it stretched my recovery by 6 months. These situations are sent to wake us up, I'm sure of it. I'm off to Blacktown hospital now, my mate Frank's got an diabetes based infection that may see him lose a toe if it doesn't clear up but more importantly, my old mum had a stroke on Wednesday night and is back in hospital. What makes it sadder is that she was coming good and today is her 94th birthday. I just got off the phone with the doctor, having the 'do not revive if she gets worse' conversation which I wouldn't wish on anyone......more new as it happens......now, back to our beloved Maicos.