Author Topic: 1975 Wallan International MX Program  (Read 14788 times)

Offline Stan S

• Legend
  • Ballarat Victoria
    • View Profile
1975 Wallan International MX Program
« on: August 06, 2010, 12:58:06 AM »

center][/center]

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
Re: 1975 Wallan International MX Program
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 12:44:59 PM »
Stanley you've done it again. I was a flaggie that day right up the back of the track. Every time Gaston came around (way out in frront if I remember correctly) he did a little cross up for me. Happy memories indeed. Jerry

Offline oldie

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 08:02:18 PM »
Stanley you've done it again. I was a flaggie that day right up the back of the track. Every time Gaston came around (way out in frront if I remember correctly) he did a little cross up for me. Happy memories indeed. Jerry

Maybe both of out memories are of a bit, from what I can remember, Gaston & Vic Allan were fighting it out from start to finish & lapped everyone, never seen 125s go so fast.

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 11:08:16 PM »

Maybe both of out memories are of a bit, from what I can remember, Gaston & Vic Allan were fighting it out from start to finish & lapped everyone, never seen 125s go so fast.

Anton Alers holeshot the 125 race on his Stock CR125 with a GP kit and Konis  and led for a lap or two , Rahier got past first then Allen and then Brissoni in the last lap.

Another peninsula rider David Etheridge won the juniors by a mile.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 11:12:30 PM by motomaniac »

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 08:49:25 AM »
how can you remember all that ?

also in juniors was one "Grant Dargue" aka Shuffle
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline Stan S

• Legend
  • Ballarat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 01:04:20 PM »
Does anyone know if #1  B.Jones in Juniors in this program is the V8 Supercar Brad Jones?

Stan.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 01:14:17 PM by Stan S »

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2010, 07:29:41 PM »

I can't forget Hoony , I begged my Dad to take me - it was close to my Bday so it was a present sort of- Anton was God to a bunch of us local minibike guys.He used to come down to our track and practice starts,mainly before a big race.
He wasn't in the program for the 125's, he was doing his exams for 6th form so his Dad didnt want him to go but then relented and said okay to the 125's.I guess I remember it coz I wanted him to bet the Internationals so bad.I dont remember any of the other big races except that Gaston won everything.
The junoirs all I remembered was that some kid on a husky won by seemed like half a lap .It was the only husky in junoirs.Later I met Dave and his dad whilst practicing and we went to some races together, I asked him if it was him on the Husky.

Dont worry Hoonster I still forget where I put things in the shed yesterday.

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2010, 07:33:32 PM »
and I remember the bike because we bought it later on.

Offline number8

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 06:19:41 AM »

I can't forget Hoony , I begged my Dad to take me - it was close to my Bday so it was a present sort of- Anton was God to a bunch of us local minibike guys.He used to come down to our track and practice starts,mainly before a big race.
He wasn't in the program for the 125's, he was doing his exams for 6th form so his Dad didnt want him to go but then relented and said okay to the 125's.I guess I remember it coz I wanted him to bet the Internationals so bad.I dont remember any of the other big races except that Gaston won everything.
The junoirs all I remembered was that some kid on a husky won by seemed like half a lap .It was the only husky in junoirs.Later I met Dave and his dad whilst practicing and we went to some races together, I asked him if it was him on the Husky.

Dont worry Hoonster I still forget where I put things in the shed yesterday.

Maniac,

It certainly wasn't the "Husky" he was a very good racer for a Junior one of the smoothest around had many battles trying to catch or stay in front of him,

Offline Stan S

• Legend
  • Ballarat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2010, 11:04:01 PM »
Hey #8
can you answer this question that I asked a couple of days ago please?

Does anyone know if #1  B.Jones in Juniors in this program is the V8 Supercar Brad Jones?

Regards Stan.

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2010, 11:32:21 PM »

Maniac,

It certainly wasn't the "Husky" he was a very good racer for a Junior one of the smoothest around had many battles trying to catch or stay in front of him,

[/quote]
#8 for sure , I didn't imagine it was the "Husky" and yes he was an incredibly smooth and calculated and smart rider. That was and is  his personality and it showed in his riding style.His Dad Geoff was the same R.I.P. His bikes were always very well prepped by his Dad and Kees (I think) That 125 wasn't stock .
Very Nice people also.

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2010, 11:35:26 PM »
Hey #8

Regards Stan.

I dont think so he'd be too young .wouldn't he? Dave was 50 this year.

Offline number8

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2010, 05:56:49 AM »
Hey #8

Regards Stan.

Stan,

I don't know to be honest it may be,for some reason I thought Brad Jones was more a Dirt Tracker may be completely wrong,Cromo would know if you knew how to contact him,

Offline Stan S

• Legend
  • Ballarat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2010, 06:10:27 AM »
Hey #8

Regards Stan.

Stan,

I don't know to be honest it may be,for some reason I thought Brad Jones was more a Dirt Tracker may be completely wrong,Cromo would know if you knew how to contact him,

I have got Cromo's number, I'll ask him. I bought a fuel rig off Brad a year or so ago and all he wanted to talk about was old MX so I thought it may be him. Thanks anyway.

Regards Stan.

firko

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2010, 07:33:06 AM »
It's funny seeing Per Klitland listed as an International, from Denmark when he'd been living here for four years, was riding on an ACU licence and had won a couple of Australian titles by then.  ;D
Is the Chasemore Earthmoving' shown in one of the ads any relation to Gary Chasemore? I raced against him a number of times on dirt track back in the 70's.