Author Topic: 1975 Wallan International MX Program  (Read 14799 times)

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
Re: 1975 Wallan International MX Program
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2010, 08:55:13 AM »
Gary Chasemores father owned Chasemore Excavations. He was a very quick short circuit rider and a more than capable motocrosser on if I remember correctly a 250 Pursang. He was also a member of MCRCV. Often wondered what happened to him. Funny there a property near me with the Chasemore name on it. I drive past it often. I really should go and find out if there is any connection. Cheers Jerry

Offline Rosco86

• A-Grade
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2010, 08:29:38 PM »
Chasemores excavations was still going a few years back, Russell Bergmier worked for them for a while driving a scrapper, road building. Gary started off in mx, then rode both mx and short circuit and was far more succesful there. I can emember him an his Dad towing a car tandem trailer to Romsey with about 6 bikes on it one year. Bert Flood built most of his motors.Dipped his leg into Speedway also but couldn't convert the short circuit success to the oval tracks but was still quite handy.

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2010, 09:01:03 PM »
Does anyone know if #1  B.Jones in Juniors in this program is the V8 Supercar Brad Jones?

Stan.

i did a bit of searching - aaannnnddd guess whhhaaaat - yep same guy .Born 1960 started out as a motocrosser - from wikipedia

Offline Stan S

• Legend
  • Ballarat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2010, 09:06:35 PM »
Does anyone know if #1  B.Jones in Juniors in this program is the V8 Supercar Brad Jones?

Stan.

i did a bit of searching - aaannnnddd guess whhhaaaat - yep same guy .Born 1960 started out as a motocrosser - from wikipedia

Thanks Moto, had a feeling it might have been.

Regards Stan.

Doggy Digger

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2010, 11:08:17 PM »
Bergmeiers, Chasemores, Portbury (to mention a few) .. it seems a lot of kids who drove scrapers and tractors were also into scrambles and motocross. 

Their dads owning the companies, and being also right into the racing scene and supporting their sons at the races.   

This support extended to such families supplying water trucks and earth-moving equipment to their relevant clubs for track-building and watering on race days.

Nothin' like a nice bit o' dirt-diggin'!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2010, 07:03:05 PM »
Stanley you've done it again.

quote you again Jerry.. ;D
Stanley, I'm totally floored that you have faith in me and sent all three original race programs. :o :o  I will get them signed and sent back asap.
Your one vmx mate to hang out with at CD8   ;)  ;D  ;D
cheers Alison
Best is in the West !!

chasey

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2010, 06:26:55 PM »
Gary Chasemores father owned Chasemore Excavations. He was a very quick short circuit rider and a more than capable motocrosser on if I remember correctly a 250 Pursang. He was also a member of MCRCV. Often wondered what happened to him. Funny there a property near me with the Chasemore name on it. I drive past it often. I really should go and find out if there is any connection. Cheers Jerry

Gary Chasemore who used to race speedway is my uncle and not sure where your property is but i don't think its him near you..My Grandfather owned Chasemore Excavations and then it changed names and went on till the eastlink freeway got built.. Great to hear you remember gary back in his racing days..  :)

Offline chrisdespo

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2011, 10:52:32 AM »
Went out to Wallan That day Great meeting, I think it was in the second leg of the Bert Flood mx that Gaston had a flat front tire, we were standing near the jump that came back over the creek b4 you come around to go back up the main straight. and couldn't believe he was sliding into this corner pointing to his front wheel, he rode the last leg on his 125 if my memory is correct. Did any of you guys see the foot pegs on his bikes were built up a couple of inches so he could get clearance between his bum and the seat the seat on the 250 was cut lower as well i think. Man that guy was short!
When in DOUBT GAS IT!!!

Anton

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2011, 04:17:54 PM »
I am amazed you guys can remember all this stuff! It was a great day & I only raced the 125 event due to impending exams. I didn't holeshot - actually got off the line slowly but somehow came out of turn 1 behind Gaston & chased him for a few laps until Vic Allen shot past me on the big hill after turn 1 on his methonal-fuelled Bert Flood-tuned Bultaco. I then batteld with the Italian 125 champ, Brissoni. He got past, dropped it (obviously trying hard too!) allowing me past, but he got by me on lap 6 to claim 3rd; I was 4th.

My CR125 had a factory GP kit - larger carb, GP barrel, piston & expansion chamber. Running on methanol, it almost used a full tank in those 8 laps! A great bike!

Dave Etheridge & I hope to get to a VMX event this year - As spectators this time!
Cheers,
AA

« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 04:57:47 PM by Anton »

Offline Stan S

• Legend
  • Ballarat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2011, 05:12:46 PM »
I am amazed you guys can remember all this stuff! It was a great day & I only raced the 125 event due to impending exams. I didn't holeshot - actually got off the line slowly but somehow came out of turn 1 behind Gaston & chased him for a few laps until Vic Allen shot past me on the big hill after turn 1 on his methonal-fuelled Bert Flood-tuned Bultaco. I then batteld with the Italian 125 champ, Brissoni. He got past, dropped it (obviously trying hard too!) allowing me past, but he got by me on lap 6 to claim 3rd; I was 4th.

My CR125 had a factory GP kit - larger carb, GP barrel, piston & expansion chamber. Running on methanol, it almost used a full tank in those 8 laps! A great bike!

Dave Etheridge & I hope to get to a VMX event this year - As spectators this time!
Cheers,
AA

Hey Anton, great to see you on this forum. I'm sure there will be plenty of questions for you in the future.
I've still got plenty of programs to put up that will interest you.

Regards Stan.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 05:14:24 PM by Stan S »

Anton

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2011, 05:21:37 PM »
Hi Stan - I have plenty of stuff in a box somewhere - Over time I will try to dig it out, scan & post - time permitting!

Cheers,

AA

Offline Stan S

• Legend
  • Ballarat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2011, 05:28:37 PM »
Hi Stan - I have plenty of stuff in a box somewhere - Over time I will try to dig it out, scan & post - time permitting!

Cheers,

AA

I would like to see any of your old stuff when you get a chance. I haven't seen you since that fateful day at Christmas hills when you and Ronnie past me just before your crash.

Regards Stan.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2011, 07:00:28 PM »

Cheers,
AA

Anton Alers..?? Wow there's a name i've heard not much about for a long long time!
Great to hear your input.

Captain Bilko

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2011, 08:03:45 PM »
Cheers,
AA

Great to have you on board Anton.  8) I often wondered what became of you.

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2011, 10:28:55 PM »
I am over the moon to see you on this forum and l do hope that you will find your way to the vintage meetings Anton welcome back.
 David #46
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 10:31:21 PM by Swedish Connection »