Author Topic: Future VERi bike eligibility?  (Read 44409 times)

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Re: Future VERi bike eligibility?
« Reply #135 on: August 07, 2013, 10:30:49 am »

Has the Vinduro sport/pass time reached the point where a little firming up of gudelines is required? Certainly has

I'd promised I was going to let this thread go, but seeing as the above post keeps being quoted, I've got to ask why "firming up the guidelines is required"?
I rode at the very first Vinduro, and the very last one (so far!), and have ridden more than most in between - and I've seen nothing that indicates this. Their rapid growth in that time actually suggests the opposite.

Will there be mistakes made? Absolutely

Right. To err is human, and all that - couldn't agree more. Anybody who's spent time running a club who says they've never made a mistake is a liar or fool (probably both).

But maybe the input to this thread is about trying to stop a mistake being made? To point out that an idea that seemed like a good one at a committee meeting, might bring problems in the real world?
Once you see the problem, is it more negative to say something so it can be fixed, or to say nothing?
;)

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline mboddy

• A-Grade
  • Canberra
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 09, 2013, 08:07:16 am »
On to page 10 now and still not one reason for excluding the TT350 from Vinduro.

There are guys like us who are saying they would like to bring the bikes they love that are just like ours to Vinduros and yet we are saying no.

Vinduro Penrite Team
1980 Yamaha IT125G, 1979 Yamaha IT175F, 1984 Yamaha IT200L, 1977 Yamaha IT250D and IT400D

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 09, 2013, 08:46:26 am »
Nathan, it looks like that 89 KTM250 EXC that I bought off you is ineligible to be riden at a Vinduro down south.....can I have my money back?.... ;) ;D..lol....bloody crook.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

EBT

« Reply #138 on: August 09, 2013, 10:50:43 am »

Some may have missed it but I have noticed in the name VERi Vintage Enduro Riders Inc there is no reference to Pre 85, so that tells me they have left the name open as in not directing it at anyone era, even the name Vinduro is not there.

So those that are worried about the Pre 85 only thing for now I suspect it will not be to long and you will get your Pre 90, Pre 95 as the years tick by.

I like the Pre 85 cut off and would not even like to see follow ons, but that is not going to happen there is now pretty much Pre 90's allowed at Pre 85 Vinduro's and some clubs already run Pre 90 Vintage Enduro events.

I will ride my Pre 85 bikes in the odd Pre 85 Vinduro and at current day events because I like to ride that era of bike.

I have ridden in many Vinduro's  but  ( because there is no racing in Vinduro at the moment, I quite like just taking photos now ) although if Pony Express style race events started in Vinduro Pre 85, the camera would be put to bed and the bike taken out of bed  ;D :) ( thinking I might be waiting till the next lifetime before this happens  :D :D  ;D )

I guess we all just want something different from the vintage enduro seen, but for the time being there is a healthy lot of social events around to enjoy.

I would love to see Vinduro kick off in South Australia, Tassie, WA etc.

Cheers Mick.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 09, 2013, 11:19:45 am »
Lol Davey... I could use it as in the pre-90 class at the 24-hour next year.
:)

Although, I don't know if I should be more or less offended by being called a crook by a Queenslander?  ;D
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline XC83

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 09, 2013, 01:04:14 pm »
EBT

Pre 85 and 'non-competitive' form part of the VERi constitution, and therefore would require a member vote ( not sure if its simple majority or other) to change it should they ever desire to do so.

:)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 01:07:24 pm by XC83 »

IT400C

« Reply #141 on: August 09, 2013, 01:37:46 pm »

I have ridden in many Vinduro's  but  ( because there is no racing in Vinduro at the moment, I quite like just taking photos now ) although if Pony Express style race events started in Vinduro Pre 85, the camera would be put to bed and the bike taken out of bed  ;D :) ( thinking I might be waiting till the next lifetime before this happens  :D :D  ;D )

Mick,

The Conondale Vinduro will be on again next year - It was a fantastic event this year.  And will only get better next year. 

Sprint format - we got in 8 laps this year of a great track at Conondale.

Vinduro-Trail ride Saturday (non-competitive)
Vinduro Sprint Sunday (competitive)

If you're keen for a Competitive Vinduro (or even a competitive Vintage Enduro), you should try and get up here next year.

Tony

Offline ty4

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 09, 2013, 01:45:44 pm »
there is no reason a competetive pony express could not be organized...the people interested just need to get a club to run it, find land that will suit, do all the relevent paper work, organize volenteers, be rule nazis at scrutineering   blah blah blah

simple really

cheers

tony

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 09, 2013, 05:37:44 pm »
The vinduro class at the Bendigo natural terrain was fun.... but not as much fun as taking it up to a few hair gelled young muscle flexors on their latest 4 bangers with more after market bling than Kim Kardigan. Now that's fun. ;D :D

makes being over 50 and bald enjoyable....on a twin shocker

the Bendigo club has had a couple of land issues so will see if I can focus a few on a vinduro class at the next pony expresses.

if you get organised Mick and round a few punters up for the next event (sept 4th?), they will run a pre 85 class. you just need to turn up.

dates clashing and house sale / new build is going to stretch my time for bikes for a while  :'( but we discussed at Harrow the Echuca round so will be focussing on getting that up to scratch.

EBT

« Reply #144 on: August 10, 2013, 12:06:13 am »
The vinduro class at the Bendigo natural terrain was fun.... but not as much fun as taking it up to a few hair gelled young muscle flexors on their latest 4 bangers with more after market bling than Kim Kardigan. Now that's fun. ;D :D

makes being over 50 and bald enjoyable....on a twin shocker

the Bendigo club has had a couple of land issues so will see if I can focus a few on a vinduro class at the next pony expresses.

if you get organised Mick and round a few punters up for the next event (sept 4th?), they will run a pre 85 class. you just need to turn up.

dates clashing and house sale / new build is going to stretch my time for bikes for a while  :'( but we discussed at Harrow the Echuca round so will be focussing on getting that up to scratch.

It is great that the Bendigo Club will run a Pre 85 Vinduro class if enough turn up, but if they said there was going to be a Pre 85 class in there race day then people might just turn up knowing they would have a class for sure to ride in...if there is a %100 Pre 85 class I will turn up to ride, and hopefully others would also support the event....

Cheers Mick.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 12:09:02 am by EBT »

Offline Glen08

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 18, 2013, 09:57:03 am »
I just sent my VERI membership orf...& am happy to comply either way !
At the end of the day rules will always be pushed or broken....So if someone were to show up on a non compliant ride or even a carry on model why not slap a fine on them & give it to the "Ambo`s"   ;)

regards Glen....