Author Topic: Casey Stoner back in action this weekend  (Read 82619 times)

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Casey Stoner back in action this weekend
« Reply #240 on: May 18, 2011, 12:33:51 pm »
He did a good job at Yamaha but he also had a great deal of support behind him there. Ducati is another story. Maybe that will be different next year on the new bikes.

I just get sick of the hype that surrounds the Doctor while the achievements of Casey get downplayed because he doesn't play it up or have an entourage that follow him around the world providing media fodder.

Cheers
Shaun

The 1000cc Honda will be every bit as good as this years 800.
Casey Stoner doesn't care about selling flags or hats to punters all sitting together in a section of the grandstand can all wave on cue. I think he thrives on being the villian, the black hat cowboy or that gun for hire. 
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 18, 2011, 05:09:59 pm »
Casey Stoner doesn't care about selling flags or hats to punters all sitting together in a section of the grandstand can all wave on cue. I think he thrives on being the villian, the black hat cowboy or that gun for hire. 

You could be right Lozza, but I reckon he just loves racin' motorcycles.

All that Rossi Clown Prince stuff is just BS. Sure he a joker, until you threaten to beat him and then his true colours come out… I actually don't mind him, but it does get a bit wearing the way the media sucks up to him.

Casey is simply a racers racer.
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

mx250

« Reply #242 on: May 18, 2011, 05:31:43 pm »

All that Rossi Clown Prince stuff is just BS. Sure he a joker, until you threaten to beat him and then his true colours come out… I actually don't mind him, but it does get a bit wearing the way the media sucks up to him.
You're being a bit cruel - it's what's needed to appeal to the wider audience, for better or worse. His Clown Prince act puts money in everyone's pocket including Casey's.

Casey is simply a racers racer.
+1 8).

And he appeals to me as the 'little Aussie Battler' and as the no nonsense 'quite achiever'.

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 18, 2011, 05:58:30 pm »
You're being a bit cruel - it's what's needed to appeal to the wider audience, for better or worse. His Clown Prince act puts money in everyone's pocket including Casey's.

I'm not trying to be cruel, just my opinion.  8)

But Rossi has proven to be as ruthless as any previous champion [and more ruthless than most] when he feels like it. That is not a criticism just a fact [in my opinion  ;)].
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 06:01:59 pm by vmx42 »
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

mx250

« Reply #244 on: May 18, 2011, 06:10:46 pm »

But Rossi has proven to be as ruthless as any previous champion [and more ruthless than most] when he feels like it. That is not a criticism just a fact [in my opinion  ;)].
I agree. And he applies the ruthlessness and the Clown Prince with measured exactitude - a measure of his intelligence, an often overlooked quality of champions ;).

And I think Casey shows equal intelligence by playing to his strengths 8) and not having a personality battle with Rossi or being drawn into his machinations.

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #245 on: June 04, 2011, 09:18:48 am »
Stoner fastest on day one at Catalunya.  ;D

Watching out for Simo this weekend I reckon he'll be the biggest threat.

Go Casey!!!

Cheers
Shaun

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #246 on: June 06, 2011, 08:36:59 pm »
err simo sorta took a back seat in this one,don't think he wanted to go near anyone much,buggered the start,hung around rossi for a while ;),they (spaniards) still booed him at the end anyway,Ben Spies did good eh!,sorta changed his style abit,no more elbows  ;),Caseys' on a mission, :P
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 06, 2011, 08:52:22 pm »
Go Stoner ,nice ride sideways most of the time looking forward to seeing him at the island .
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

trailietrash

« Reply #248 on: June 06, 2011, 08:58:53 pm »
Simmo was about the last in on the warmup.... waved to the boo's & hisses on the way round, so, I guess he has made many more enemies in Spain. Not a good look for someone who aspires to be a world champ.
Casey won an important race ...Can JL win at Philip Island? lets wait and see

Offline D project

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 06, 2011, 09:26:09 pm »
What about the last lap in the 125 race,with the frenchman running wide and taking the Spaniard with him. Coming in first then getting the 20 second penalty ??? Boy we get away with a lot in Motocross ;) What's with the Paris Hilton sponsorship :-\

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 06, 2011, 09:48:12 pm »
A Spanish dance-party series called SuperMartXe is the team sponsor and Paris is the VIP celebrity. Very good for coverage and there's a couple of pics of the young rider Maverick Vinales ogling her tits at the press launch  ;D
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 10:33:52 pm by GD66 »
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

TooFastTim

« Reply #251 on: June 06, 2011, 10:01:59 pm »
I love Rossis respect for the history of the sport

mx250

« Reply #252 on: June 06, 2011, 10:25:59 pm »
...Can JL win at Philip Island? lets wait and see
If JL is to win a GP this year, the least likely win is Philip Island ;) :)

trailietrash

« Reply #253 on: June 06, 2011, 10:42:19 pm »
...Can JL win at Philip Island? lets wait and see
If JL is to win a GP this year, the least likely win is Philip Island ;) :)
I agree, and i hope Casey gets up again, JL was very humble at the press conference in Catalunya, maybe he is learning to be a bit human.. good to see

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 06, 2011, 11:59:32 pm »
A Spanish dance-party series called SuperMartXe is the team sponsor and Paris is the VIP celebrity. Very good for coverage and there's a couple of pics of the young rider Maverick Vinales ogling her tits at the press launch  ;D

Well who wouldn't be

This is Casey Stoner's 'electronics' working overtime ::)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOSCTKEBvSo&feature=player_embedded

Stoner will be shooting for 5 on the trot at PI this year, which section of the track should be named after him?
Jesus only loves two strokes