Author Topic: Casey Stoner back in action this weekend  (Read 82595 times)

mx250

Re: Casey Stoner back in action this weekend
« Reply #255 on: June 07, 2011, 12:12:23 am »

Well who wouldn't be

Will I look at the head or will I look at the tits? Hmmm, well you couldn't pay me to look at the head so I'll look at the tits. ;) ;D

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 07, 2011, 05:08:20 am »
But you're not 16, sure he's look upward & not at the camel toe?  ;D

mx250

« Reply #257 on: June 13, 2011, 11:33:21 am »
"And this is precisely what has been dividing MotoGP fans over the past year, since Stoner moved to Honda and Rossi switched to Ducati, and the comparison between the two. Such comparisons are inherently flawed, and so far, most have shown a blatant disregard for either one half or another of the facts. Only an idiot would regard what Casey Stoner has done on the Ducati and is doing on the Honda as being solely attributable to the bike, and only an idiot would write a nine-time World Champion off after just six races on a new (and notoriously difficult) machine. Apparently, though, there is no shortage of idiots, though in my experience, this is the same regardless of the subject at hand."

http://motomatters.com/analysis/2011/06/13/2011_silverstone_motogp_sunday_round_up_.html

Amazing all the 'experts' storming to the moral high ground after years of pontificating and bagging out Casey ::). It's the best thing happening at the mo, Casey's talent being brought into focus and appreciation 8).

The corollary  is there to be seen as well; how much of Rossi's talent, race wins and lack of injury has been because he has had the best of everything for years; the poffteenth 1/10th of second lap the differences?

Go Casey 

Offline whitey 43

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 13, 2011, 02:12:48 pm »
I watched the race last night, what A fantastic ride by Casey...I think Rossi will sort the Ducati out and will come back swinging. You can see how bad that bike behaves and he still managed to keep it upright (whilst many others failed,on better bikes). It was A slow race, but it was the best race ive watched in A while, edge of the seat viewing.

mx250

« Reply #259 on: June 13, 2011, 02:34:38 pm »
...I think Rossi will sort the Ducati out and will come back swinging.
Not in this lifetime ;) - well at least the lifetime of this Ducati chassis ;D.

and he still managed to keep it upright (whilst many others failed,on better bikes).

What!!!!  :o a minute and four seconds behind - and Casey probably could have put another 20-40 seconds on to that if he had been pushed ;).

Rossi wasn't even trying ::). Either he's had a collapse of morale or he is 'punishing' Ducati trying to spur or embarrass them in to some drastic action. He's team mate was 38 seconds in front of him. The same team mate he has regularly being beating up until now.

Vale only got 6th because ballsier riders fell over pushing hard (smart move for the conditions or not is another thing :P )

Pos.    No.    Rider    Manufacturer    Time    Diff
1    27    Casey STONER    HONDA    47'53.459    
2    4    Andrea DOVIZIOSO    HONDA    48'08.618    15.159
3    5    Colin EDWARDS    YAMAHA    48'14.939    21.480
4    69    Nicky HAYDEN    DUCATI    48'20.443    26.984
5    19    Alvaro BAUTISTA    SUZUKI    48'29.028    35.569
6    46    Valentino ROSSI    DUCATI    48'57.985    1'04.526
7    17    Karel ABRAHAM    DUCATI    49'26.109    1'32.650
8    24    Toni ELIAS    HONDA    49'45.397    1'51.938
9    7    Hiroshi AOYAMA    HONDA    49'45.809    1'52.350
10    65    Loris CAPIROSSI    DUCATI    49'56.771    2'03.312
11    8    Hector BARBERA    DUCATI    48'10.582    1 lap
12    14    Randy DE PUNIET    DUCATI    48'13.094    1 lap
Not Classified
     58    Marco SIMONCELLI    HONDA    24'04.277    10 laps
     1    Jorge LORENZO    YAMAHA    19'18.287    12 laps
     11    Ben SPIES    YAMAHA    17'14.283    13 laps

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 13, 2011, 04:21:58 pm »
How ashamed would you feel to have been beaten by the 37yo Colin Edwards who broke his collarbone the weekend before, the commentators couldn't believe how well he was doing during qualifying.
Thats what I consider to be a hard man

mx250

« Reply #261 on: June 13, 2011, 05:25:14 pm »
How ashamed would you feel to have been beaten by the 37yo Colin Edwards who broke his collarbone the weekend before, the commentators couldn't believe how well he was doing during qualifying.
Thats what I consider to be a hard man
That morphine is good shit hey :D.

He should take it for all his races  ;D.

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 13, 2011, 08:05:51 pm »
Simoncelli needs another kick up the arse, he's had 3 DNF's and 3 average finishes, Rossi is 4th in the championship by not even sticking his neck out.
Stoner is on fire, he's fastest in every session etc etc.
I doubt the Ducati with Rossi on board will score a genuine podium this year,it's just not fast enough and they are going up blind alleys with 'development'.
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 13, 2011, 09:20:42 pm »
    B-b-but Jeremy Burgess claimed the Ducati's woes were no more than "an 80-second fix".... :D
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 13, 2011, 10:16:46 pm »
Think he mean the cumulative time Rossi would be behind Stoner after every GP. Funny how the stream of positive spin has dried up from JB. The greatest load of waffle come from twitter happy Alex Briggs making a big deal of moving the screen up 3mm.
What has also changed is a relaxed Casey Stoner has got on top of the PR game and shoots his arrows with the same accuracy he rides the Honda

from Motomatters

I asked Stoner whether he took any pleasure in seeing Rossi struggle on the bike, after Rossi had made a few pointed comments about the Australian's performance on the bike in 2010, suggesting that it was hard to tell the potential of the 2010 Ducati because Stoner simply wasn't riding it hard enough. But what had upset Stoner most had not been the comments from Rossi about his riding, but from Jeremy Burgess about his team's inability to fix the bike's problems. "For me the biggest one was Jerry Burgess saying that he'd fix the bike in 80 seconds. This is saying things against my team, calling them stupid, basically, that we're useless, we can't do anything, we can't set up a bike. They've had it for long enough now to be able to do something with it, but they still seem to be struggling with it," Stoner said.

But Stoner still has sympathy for Ducati, though. "The fact that Ducati's struggling with it doesn't make me happy. I know how much effort those guys put into that bike and what they do, and they're not getting a reward for this. So I really feel for them, but at the same time, it's better if people keep their opinions to themselves until they've tested things,"Stoner added, referring to Burgess' comments on setup. "They looked at the bike from the outside and thought they knew exactly what it needed, and have since been proven wrong."

Ouch
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline D project

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 13, 2011, 10:19:23 pm »
It's been a good season so far. But I also really enjoyed the GP classics that they replayed when they were on the 500 2 bangers ;)

mx250

« Reply #266 on: June 14, 2011, 07:21:10 am »
    B-b-but Jeremy Burgess claimed the Ducati's woes were no more than "an 80-second fix".... :D
I bet JB has regrets for those comments ::) - very uncharacteristic of him. I think he got caught up in Rossi's attempted psych out of Casey.

I hope those comments don't become his legacy :-\. It's been too good a career for that to become his defining moment.

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 14, 2011, 07:44:38 am »
He has been good for a sincere interview grab for yonks, but has been talking cobblers for about 18 months now and is doing himself no favours.
Casey has always been a bit under-armed in the pr department, but as has been pointed out, is certainly getting it done these days. Worth the wait...
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

mx250

« Reply #268 on: June 15, 2011, 08:35:46 am »
You can see how bad that bike behaves and he still managed to keep it upright (whilst many others failed,on better bikes).
"Hayden's best race lap was a huge 2.898sec quicker than the best lap of team-mate and seven time MotoGP Valentino Rossi,....."

Same bike, same team, same race, same conditions, same effort? - Rossi can take very little away from that race. That's not safe, that's slow ;) ::).

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/170264/1/hayden_fastest_lap_full_respect_to_edwards.html

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!