Author Topic: Casey Stoner back in action this weekend  (Read 82626 times)

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
Re: Casey Stoner back in action this weekend
« Reply #225 on: April 09, 2011, 10:56:52 pm »
Coincidence macca... Rossi's not known for crashing out.

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 09, 2011, 11:13:40 pm »
Standing at trackside clapping at Rossi as he went past flies in the face of Casey thinking little more of it than a racing incident Loz  ;)

At this point Rossi took the bait and Stoner landed a whopper.Hmmm don't remember saying he was happy about it Doc ;D

GD you're right the 4 stroke doesn't really compare to the 500 but still Rossi was the one who was able to win on it and develope it into the package that others could win on.

Biaggi won on the M1 and the bike was way under developed(first iteration ran carbs), Biaggi and Checa complained of the exact same things Rossi did upon the first ride n the M1. Yamaha signing of Rossi co-incided with Masao Furusawa taking the reigns of the M1's development. Rossi would not have won any championships without Furusawa-san.
If Rossi developed the Yamaha others could win on,rather odd when Lorenzo/Forcada combo tweeked the rear of the M1 and started to win races on a regular basis Rossi gave Yamaha an ultimatum him or me  ::)
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 09, 2011, 11:41:08 pm »
Standing at trackside clapping at Rossi as he went past flies in the face of Casey thinking little more of it than a racing incident Loz  ;)

At this point Rossi took the bait and Stoner landed a whopper.Hmmm don't remember saying he was happy about it Doc ;D

GD you're right the 4 stroke doesn't really compare to the 500 but still Rossi was the one who was able to win on it and develope it into the package that others could win on.

Biaggi won on the M1 and the bike was way under developed(first iteration ran carbs), Biaggi and Checa complained of the exact same things Rossi did upon the first ride n the M1. Yamaha signing of Rossi co-incided with Masao Furusawa taking the reigns of the M1's development. Rossi would not have won any championships without Furusawa-san.
If Rossi developed the Yamaha others could win on,rather odd when Lorenzo/Forcada combo tweeked the rear of the M1 and started to win races on a regular basis Rossi gave Yamaha an ultimatum him or me  ::)

Not a fan of Rossi i take it?
Rossi won 4 titles for Yamaha when they hadn't won for 13 years. How many did Biaggi and Checa win in motoGP?
Where was Furusawa when Rossi was winning titles on Aprilia and Honda? How many races did the other Yamaha motoGP riders win while Rossi was on Yamaha if it was all about the technician and not Rossi's ability?

Offline Mick22

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 09, 2011, 11:50:42 pm »
I think Stoners comments were spot on, on that corner Rossi's ambitions did outweigh his talent, for a 9 time world champ it was a very C grade move. I'm sure no one including Stoner denies Rossi's abilities, he has to be one of the top riders of all times. But give Casey a break, a guy just took him out with a piss poor move, he has every right to vent a bit of abuse and wave his arms around....I'd be doin the same at a club day if I got taken out!!!!

The thing that really shits me these days about most sport including MotoGp is the way the media has to make a human interest story out of everything, I couldn't give a shit only the racing matters. Rossi plays the media game but Casey does it under sufference so all of a sudden Casey is "difficult" Whinger" "bad attitude" etc. I remember at the time Rossi went to Yamaha the only people talking up how bad the M1 was Rossi & co and the press lapped it up and now it has become "fact" to everyone else in the paddock it was a great bike that needed 2 things...a decent rider and a little bit more top end, hardly the bag of bolts thats gets talked about in the press. But the press got their story of how the champion rider turned a team around ::)

PS I'm a huge fan of Rossi, Stoner & Lorenzo. Any time guys are riding as hard as these guys do for a championship is a great thing... not just riding around to collect points like we have seen in the past
Looking fo a TZ750 anyone with any leads please PM

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 10, 2011, 01:18:42 am »
Not a fan of Rossi i take it?
Rossi won 4 titles for Yamaha when they hadn't won for 13 years. How many did Biaggi and Checa win in motoGP?
Where was Furusawa when Rossi was winning titles on Aprilia and Honda? How many races did the other Yamaha motoGP riders win while Rossi was on Yamaha if it was all about the technician and not Rossi's ability?

Not a fanboi at all and think his holding the sport to ransom to force Dorna to give Bridgestone tyres to him alone was dispicable.Prior to 2004 Furusawa-san was languishing in the suspension deptment of Yamaha snowmobiles before taking over the M1 project. They won a few races prior to Rossi signing with Yamaha, 3 or so for Biaggi and 1 maybe 2 for Checa.I never said it was ALL about the technician at all. Furusawa made the 4 valve head with the 90 deg flatplane crank when Yamaha's corporate ethos was welded to 5 valves and traditional 180 deg .Rossi's first test ride, Yamaha had several engine configurations for Rossi to try, he did 3 laps on Furusawa's baby and come and said "This is the engine I want, none of the others". As Furusawa explained  last year that was vindication of what he had been saying all along about the M1.
Furthermore when Rossi was bleating about electronics and traction control kids , HIS M1 was the first bike equipped with predictive electronics, ie the bike learned as it went around the track and adjusted the torque to the wheel for tyre wear as the race progressed. The M1 had that since 2006.
Lornezo won quite a few races on the Yamaha.......................

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 16, 2011, 08:29:18 pm »
was a very C grade move.

Is the punch true....He's young  :-\   but he won it !!  8)
cheers A
Best is in the West !!

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #231 on: May 16, 2011, 11:06:05 pm »
5000 euro punch ;),shoulda fined randy for fugging about on the racing line at a third of the speed capabilities,poor simoncelli,a ride thru for outbraking pedrobot,spanish $'s in action there methinks ::),Stoner does a runner,french announcer goes nuts over Rossi on the podium for 3rd ffs!!,what a circus ::), :P
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 17, 2011, 08:06:16 am »
Anybody watch the 125,s?
Last corner and the 16 year old in his 4th GP pulls off the impossible.
Brilliant.
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 17, 2011, 09:04:58 am »
Anybody watch the 125,s?
Last corner and the 16 year old in his 4th GP pulls off the impossible.
Brilliant.

Maverick Vinales will be a name you hear more of , maybe he was on a promise from Paris Hilton(who sponsors the team) will serve Terol right for trying to ride a slow race and play silly buggers.

Nobody is backing Simoncelli's version of events and even his best pal  Rossi said the move was not on. The move was dumb as he was clearly faster and no need for a desparado move, could have waited 2 corners for an easy pass. Got a dressing down from HRC as even with a third, Pedrosa would be leading the championship. Simoncelli has been riding like that for ages and still thinks he's done nothing wrong.
Ducati was still 14 seconds behind the leader, Yamaha is way down on HP too.

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #234 on: May 17, 2011, 11:08:15 am »
My $0.02

Congratulations Casey a great win. He is certainly in a class above on the Honda.

Rossi has slipped even further down in my view. The way he was going on you'd have thought he had won the race! Let's face it he was gifted third place and waving to the crowd and carrying on during the national anthem show's how little respect he shows for anything other than his self promotion. Notwithstanding his previous career achievements I am yet to see him show the same amount of talent that we saw from Stoner on the same bike. Until he can make that pile of dog doo run at the front, on it's own merits, he will remain a circus act in my view.

Cheers
Shaun

Offline PRITCH39

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 17, 2011, 07:27:06 pm »
+1 well said

Brian

My $0.02

Congratulations Casey a great win. He is certainly in a class above on the Honda.

Rossi has slipped even further down in my view. The way he was going on you'd have thought he had won the race! Let's face it he was gifted third place and waving to the crowd and carrying on during the national anthem show's how little respect he shows for anything other than his self promotion. Notwithstanding his previous career achievements I am yet to see him show the same amount of talent that we saw from Stoner on the same bike. Until he can make that pile of dog doo run at the front, on it's own merits, he will remain a circus act in my view.

Cheers
Shaun
I LOVE BIG CC 2 STROKES YEEHAA!!!!!

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 17, 2011, 07:45:26 pm »
My $0.02
Rossi has slipped even further down in my view. The way he was going on you'd have thought he had won the race! Let's face it he was gifted third place and waving to the crowd and carrying on during the national anthem show's how little respect he shows for anything other than his self promotion.

That's a cleaned-up version of my view.... ::)
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 18, 2011, 11:47:26 am »
My $0.02
Cheers
Shaun
The Doc did push the Yamaha to a world champ, don,t forget that the Yammy was not so hot at that time and everyone said it couldn,t be done.
I still like the guy he,s fun.
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #238 on: May 18, 2011, 12:02:01 pm »
He did a good job at Yamaha but he also had a great deal of support behind him there. Ducati is another story. Maybe that will be different next year on the new bikes.

I just get sick of the hype that surrounds the Doctor while the achievements of Casey get downplayed because he doesn't play it up or have an entourage that follow him around the world providing media fodder.

Cheers
Shaun

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 18, 2011, 12:19:07 pm »
He did a good job at Yamaha but he also had a great deal of support behind him there. Ducati is another story. Maybe that will be different next year on the new bikes.
I just get sick of the hype that surrounds the Doctor while the achievements of Casey get downplayed because he doesn't play it up or have an entourage that follow him around the world providing media fodder.
Cheers
Shaun
Don,t get me wrong I want Casey to win but I also like a bit of fun as well and the Doc delivers that when everyone else is so serious. :)