Author Topic: Casey Stoner back in action this weekend  (Read 82638 times)

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Casey Stoner back in action this weekend
« Reply #195 on: April 04, 2011, 11:42:45 pm »
FOX SPORTS   ;D Classic
Jesus only loves two strokes

mx250

« Reply #196 on: April 05, 2011, 11:51:21 am »
FOX SPORTS   ;D Classic
"Like apologising to your mother with your hoody and your sunglasses on, no-one makes a genuine apology with their helmet on." +1  ;)

Rossi was Showboating - acting up to the media to get an advantage - either on the track or in the 'market place'.

Offline 500Fool

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 08, 2011, 07:54:03 pm »
When I first saw the apoligy I thought Casey did well, then I heard the audio. I heard the dig about the shoulder then the rubbish after it, Young Casey still has some growing up to do. Before audio respect then after none, you blokes need to read what a few overseas forums are saying. Casey is a runner not a racer.

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 08, 2011, 08:27:37 pm »
Nothing wrong with that. It's been cleaned up a fair few levels from what I would have given him, and Stoner could and should have. Message is delivered, Stoner won't be just another gutless wonder living in awe of Rossi, and afraid of upsetting him in any way.
Level ground, and game on.  ;)
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

colmoody

« Reply #199 on: April 08, 2011, 08:48:18 pm »
I work amongst sixteen or so other blokes whom none of ride motorcycles. But knowing that I am interested some/most show a bit of interest in the Moto GP side of things (probably just to humor me). Anyway the talk around the drivers room last Monday morning was the Rossi/Stoner incident and who was at fault.

I have my own take on that incident that I wont go into here but another question that is raised on a regular basis is who is the best/fastest rider out of Rossi and Stoner.

How do you answer that one.

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 08, 2011, 08:55:27 pm »
Have a look at the points tally at the end of this season... :D

mx250

« Reply #201 on: April 08, 2011, 09:02:48 pm »
When I first saw the apoligy I thought Casey did well, then I heard the audio. I heard the dig about the shoulder then the rubbish after it, Young Casey still has some growing up to do.
You're freaking kidding me. What do you think Rossi was doing, genuinely apologizing? He was showboating - making a Big Fella of himself - acting up to the media - putting Casey 'on the spot'.  Rossi gets no respect for that stunt. 

Before audio respect then after none, you blokes need to read what a few overseas forums are saying. Casey is a runner not a racer.
You're freaking kidding me. The Europeans haven't shown respect to Casey since day one. Casey is a professional racer who has done an A grade job on B grade equipment on B grade teams since day one.

Most of what you read on the forums is uninformed, juvenile, one-eyed, starry eyed, European hero worshiping. I wouldn't base an opinion on that. And nor does Casey ;).

And respect has got nothing to do with winning races.

I would have told him to fu*k off out of the Honda garage and only come in when he was invited ;D. And then come in with ya cap in hand and not ya  fu*king helmet on :-*

Watch the points tally at the end of the year ;D.

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 08, 2011, 09:08:22 pm »
you blokes need to read what a few overseas forums are saying. Casey is a runner not a racer.

Couldn't give a Rodent's Rectum. Mincing and squealing from yellow flag-waving, myopic fanboys. When he goes, they'll go too. And in both cases, sooner the better !  :D

Curly3

« Reply #203 on: April 08, 2011, 09:10:39 pm »
Good point Col, but it's a bit like asking, how long is a peice of string?
Personally my money would be on Rossi, based on longevity and results.
Most of it depends on who's riding what and when.
There has always been some rider who has popped up to win a title, Luchinelli, Uncini, Schwartz, Roberts Jnr and dare I say, Gardner, but when that name pop's up several times over an extended period, that's class.
Mick, coulda, woulda, shoulda won 7 in a row if it wasn't for his leg injury.
Talking my favourite, Speedway, Ivan is regarded as the best but pretty much every year there was someone going better than him but he was always on the pace and was the first real "Proffesional" rider.
Casey is definitely quick, but to finish first, first you've gotta finish.

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 08, 2011, 09:17:24 pm »
Well, we'll see at the end of the year.

Hey, Slide, I always rated Mauger as without peer, even in those years when several wrestled him for the title, but how do you rate Tony Rickardsson ? There was a period in motorsport for a while there where Mick Doohan won multi-titles, and so did Schumacher, Tommi Makinen, and Tony Rickardsson, but I reckon people often smooth over the calibre of his opposition, I'm thinking of Crump, Pedersen etc. As someone with a clue, how did you rate him ?

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 08, 2011, 09:23:48 pm »
I have my own take on that incident that I wont go into here but another question that is raised on a regular basis is who is the best/fastest rider out of Rossi and Stoner.

How do you answer that one.

Really simple. Rossi gets on Ducati goes 1.5 seconds slower than Stoner at the same track. The shoulder looks OK here ::)

Keen eyes will see the front tyre of Stoners bike looks good and Rossi's shagged.

* I doubt Doohan would have won even 5 championships as in 93 Wayne Rainey's accident finished his AND Kevin Schwantz's careers. Had those 2 continued their bitter rivalry Mick would have had to work much much harder than he did.

Curly3

« Reply #206 on: April 08, 2011, 09:32:52 pm »
GD, Rickardsson was supreme for a long time, there are heaps of people who say that Mick didn't have a lot of opposition during his time at the top.
You can only beat who you're up against, comparing era's is a waste of time.
Success in motorsport today depends on how much money you can bring to the table.
Mark Webber is suffering from that now.

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #207 on: April 08, 2011, 09:54:31 pm »

Casey Stoner was forced to retire from the Spanish MotoGP after a crash involving Valentino Rossi.
The FIM will take action following the ugly incident involving Aussie MotoGP star Casey Stoner and Valentino Rossi in Spain at the weekend, with Race Direction scheduling a hearing to review the incident.
Rossi unceremoniously took Stoner out of the Spanish MotoGP in Jerez, sending both riders off the track.

In a frantic attempt to get back on their bikes, Rossi appeared to receive all the assistance from the pack of stewards, while Stoner received no support.

Following the incident Race Direction decided to schedule a hearing with the Clerk of Course and Chief Marshal in order to review the incident and to hear the explanation of the officials in charge.

The hearing will be held on 28 April in Portugal.

work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 08, 2011, 09:56:13 pm »
'Experts' howled at Karel Abraham securing MotoGP ride down to him having a rich dad(he owns Bruno circuit and a large medical supply company AB Cardon) but that isn't Karel's fault. To date Karel has been doing very well much better than some old over paid riders ::) So at some point your ability will have to shine, look at forum favorite Anthony Gobert, who never paid for anything and got to GP level on talent alone. Plenty of riders with money would have still loved the opportunities he squandered.

colmoody

« Reply #209 on: April 08, 2011, 10:07:56 pm »
Lozza your really simple take on it is one way of looking at it for sure, but not the only way by a long shot.