Author Topic: Casey Stoner back in action this weekend  (Read 82624 times)

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Casey Stoner back in action this weekend
« Reply #180 on: April 03, 2011, 11:06:54 pm »
Why the flock did rossi get help to start his bike while stoner didn't?

As if getting taken out wasn't enough.............. Rossi was over riding and the dive bomb was never on in the wet. Couldn't believe Spies AND Edwards throwing away podiums . but all looks easy from the lounge room ;D
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 03, 2011, 11:41:47 pm »
'your ambition outweighed your talent' Nice!

"Problem with the shoulder ?"          Ripper !!  :D
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

mx250

« Reply #182 on: April 04, 2011, 12:36:53 am »
Why the flock did rossi get help to start his bike while stoner didn't?
I picked up on that, but it was never featured in vid or commentary after the 'live'.

mx250

« Reply #183 on: April 04, 2011, 12:37:52 am »
'your ambition outweighed your talent' Nice!

:D :D :D

Yeah, that was good!

It was good that Rossi went out of his way to apologise for stuffing up and that Casey accepted it........... in front of the cameras at least.....
Young Stoner's growing up!  ;D
+1  ;D

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 04, 2011, 07:26:38 am »
So how is it that both Australian Championship leaders [Casey Stoner and Chad Reed] were rearended by former champions last night.

Both Honda riders lost their championship leads due to errors by past champions riding over their heads.

And then to add salt to the wounds both former champs picked up their bikes and finished in the points.

What are the chances??  Bugger!!!!
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down hereā€¦

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Offline Nobby25

• B-Grade
  • Could possibly fit other models?
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 04, 2011, 08:01:18 am »
Why is it that these high tech gp bikes dont have high tech electric starters it may have helped Casey get some points ???
TM125L RM250N TC125L RL250M PE175T RM80C RMX250T ATC70 YZ80B?

Offline Mick22

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 04, 2011, 08:36:38 am »
I liked the commentators comments along the lines of - Casey had problems last year with the front end of the Ducati taking him out....nothing has changed!!!
Looking fo a TZ750 anyone with any leads please PM

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 04, 2011, 08:37:56 am »
Probably would need to be massive to get them to kick over but I suspect that is being looked at right now.

Apparently Edwards engine seized, scratch 1 engine from the allocation

mx250

« Reply #188 on: April 04, 2011, 08:58:36 am »
Did Rossi keep the Ducati running or was it bump started?

Not a lot was shown (as in repeated) of the aftermath (other than Casey giving a right royal, vigorous, 'up yours' gesture to the marshals - not good for a Spanish Oil co. sponsored rider, to Spanish marshals, in the Spanish GP, in Spain and on Spanish TV (even if they deserved it :P))

I heard that Casey kill switched the engine to save it from damage.

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 04, 2011, 10:19:19 am »
I wondered how Stoner could have hit the kill switch while sliding on the tar? Looked like Rossi was still holding the clutch.

EDIT:
http://motomatters.com/analysis/2011/04/03/2011_jerez_motogp_race_day_round_up_the_.html

I doubt Repsol were too worried, will get more publicity than if Stoner won by 10 sec.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 10:26:26 am by Lozza »

mx250

« Reply #190 on: April 04, 2011, 12:37:14 pm »
"Casey's bike was undamaged but he'd managed to hit the kill switch on his way to the floor and needed a push while Rossi's bike was running. Only one marshal tried to push start Casey, the rest ran back to their post after Rossi had departed. Now the Honda's clutch, for whatever reason, requires a push start from two people. HRC know this but obviously see compensating advantages."

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2011/Apr/110403rydernotes2.htm

Whatcha reckon, will Honda come up with a 'one shot' self starter  - probably not electric but pressurized gas, explosive charge? - I don't know what the rules allow or disallow. Maybe electric - save weight somewhere else with exotic materials??

Offline Mick22

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 04, 2011, 02:22:07 pm »
Why is it that these high tech gp bikes dont have high tech electric starters it may have helped Casey get some points ???

I can't find a copy of the Engine regs at the moment but I'm sure that self starters are not allowed under the rules.

Rossi's apology was a hollow show for the cameras, Casey has obviously had a lot of media coaching or changed his attitude over the last season and a bit coz I can't believe how positive he was about the POS Ducati last year and he's been a different bloke in his conferences this year

mx250

« Reply #192 on: April 04, 2011, 02:47:16 pm »

Rossi's apology was a hollow show for the cameras, ............
Showboating ;), and he's good at it - turning a sow's ear into a silk purse.

mx250

« Reply #193 on: April 04, 2011, 02:52:37 pm »

I can't find a copy of the Engine regs at the moment but I'm sure that self starters are not allowed under the rules.

Hard to believe - I would have thought it was simply a matter of weight and finding the room for the gizmo. It should be allowed, or even compulsory, for all sorts of reasons -  having only 17 starters and 12 finishers is starting to become something of an embarrassment for all concerned should be but one imperative.

Offline Mick22

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 04, 2011, 03:08:27 pm »
I think it has been kept this way to add to the "Show" makes the bikes seem a bit more exotic and hi tech to the average viewer if you have some bloke with a fancy starting machine to get you going, helps distinguish the bikes from street bikes.
With the the battery tech and materials available these days you would have to be able to run a starter system for less than a couple of kilo's.
Considering Honda had their RVF750 endurance racers down to 135KG with lighting and starting systems back in the late 80's I don't think making the weight for a Moto GP bike with a electric starter would be an issue