Author Topic: YZ 125 A B C X swingarm bushes.  (Read 5391 times)

Offline steveo247

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
YZ 125 A B C X swingarm bushes.
« on: September 28, 2009, 02:11:35 pm »
Just thought id see if anyone is after these.
Im getting a few sets of these bushes machined up for my 125x, instead of buying from overseas and thought someone might be interested in a set aswell. Will be for cost, not profit.

They fit the YZ125 A B C and X models, and maybe some others i dont know of.
the part numbers for the originals are-

90386-18028
401-22123-00

So if anyone is interested let me know!

this is where they are on the X model.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Re: YZ 125 A B C X swingarm bushes.
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 08:46:31 pm »
Yes, definitely interested.

I'd take three sets, if the price was sensible.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 09:43:39 pm »
YEP I am interested
OLDYZMAN
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 10:40:20 pm »
Icould be interested in a few sets, what are you going to make them out of? Iv'e just had some gearchange housing bushes machined up out of phosfer bronze, it eliminates the slop in the gear lever shaft, fits MXs, YZs, DTs, TYs 125s and 175s.$30 each plus post.You can pm me about the swingarm bushes if you like or ph 0412747729, cheers John.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline steveo247

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 10:52:17 pm »
Icould be interested in a few sets, what are you going to make them out of?

g day .
I was going to get them done in nolathane, but my bike mechanic and machine guy said that it will be too soft. And they are going to use a nylon stock. Unsure what exactly but will have the details when i go down and see him on friday.
Hes going to have a set done for me then, and if they look good ill get him to make up some more.

and nathan, im thinking they will be around $10 a set.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 10:58:41 pm »
You know you can still buy them new from Yamaha and there made of plastic, if your not doing them out of phosfer bronze or something similar your waisting your time, cheers John.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline steveo247

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 11:22:38 pm »
thanks for that helpfull input.
yamaha i asked couldnt get them, i could only find them NOS for too much $$ for what they are.

thanks for telling me im wasting my time, care to elaborate with some usefull information or your just going to leave it at that?

as far i knew, phosphor bronze is an alloy mostly used in marine stuff for its chemical corrosion resistance.
why would i go to the expense of making them out of this?

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2009, 11:48:23 pm »
I like cheap and working.  Keep me posted if they fit the "A"
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

basil44

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2009, 08:13:53 am »
Phosfer Bronze is a self lubricating mix of alloys, some bikes have it standard on swingarm bushes, conrod bushes{ little end) in 4 strokes,gearbox bushes, kingpins in trucks, the list goes on. It has very hard/ long wearing capabilities. With a swingarm the last thing you want is flex. Some manufacturers used plastic (or mixtures) because its cheap (and still do in some bikes). Most bikes these days bikes use needle roller bearings and thrust washers. Im not a total expert on this so dont get up me if im a not a 100% correct. I figure if your going to do something you might as well do it better. If your going to make swingarm bushes then you have to get the clearances right- a slight crush on the bush as its fitted/ pressed into the swingarm and then the correct clearance for the swingarm bolt / tube. It might take a few trials to get the ideal size.Its still a good idea, I might even look into it myself as I have a few contacts. The genuine bush (90386-18028) is $27.00 and theres plenty available in Sydney. Hope this helps out, John.

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2009, 09:36:27 am »
if your not doing them out of phosfer bronze or something similar your waisting your time,

I agree. I would rate needle rollers & hardened sleeves the best with phosfer bronze a respectable second.

Can any one supply the dimensions for these.
#  Bolt dia.
#  Inside dia. of swingarm pivot tube.
#  Length of swingarm pivot tube
#  Distance in frame where swingarm fits.

Just looked up All Balls, they list a kit for the 74 YZ 125 at $146.85
Sounds expensive but I'm sure they would be a good setup with needle rollers & hardened sleeves.
I can do deals on these if anyone wants.
Is the swingarm pivot the same for all those models?
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline steveo247

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2009, 12:29:50 pm »
Phosfer Bronze is a self lubricating mix of alloys, some bikes have it standard on swingarm bushes, conrod bushes{ little end) in 4 strokes,gearbox bushes, kingpins in trucks, the list goes on. It has very hard/ long wearing capabilities. With a swingarm the last thing you want is flex. Some manufacturers used plastic (or mixtures) because its cheap (and still do in some bikes). Most bikes these days bikes use needle roller bearings and thrust washers. Im not a total expert on this so dont get up me if im a not a 100% correct. I figure if your going to do something you might as well do it better. If your going to make swingarm bushes then you have to get the clearances right- a slight crush on the bush as its fitted/ pressed into the swingarm and then the correct clearance for the swingarm bolt / tube. It might take a few trials to get the ideal size.Its still a good idea, I might even look into it myself as I have a few contacts. The genuine bush (90386-18028) is $27.00 and theres plenty available in Sydney. Hope this helps out, John.

Thanks for that information mate! very helpfull. im going to have a look into phosphor bronze.

I agree with it taking a few trials to get them right, and its beyond my limited machining experience so ive handed it over to a suspension shop. I will mention the phosphor bronze, and find out what product im having them made from and let you know.

and i might be a tightarse, but $27 seems a bit rich to me!

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2009, 09:42:14 pm »
and i might be a tightarse, but $27 seems a bit rich to me!

I agree. At $10/set, I'll grab several sets, no worries.

I won't enter the discussion about phosphor bronze, but a lot of the newer plastics are VERY good - miles ahead of the old basic "nylon". I've made some bushes for rally cars out of this green stuff, and it lasts really well, despite the big loads and the relatively large distances that cars travel (compared to old MX race bikes). Of course, I forget the name of the material the one time that I need to know it... ::)

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2009, 09:53:22 pm »
Gday Steve, thanks for puttin the effort, at $10 approx i will definitly get a set to suit my YZ125a. The phosphur bronze is probably a more expensive material to start off with. and it probably would take more load. But i think the poly will do me
Cheers Brett
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2009, 11:23:33 pm »
i made 2 sets for my Ossa's s/arms out of some white plastiky nylon stuff from the local bearing shop,comes in round bar in various sizes,so far so good  :P
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2009, 09:25:08 pm »
Hey Mick, the old ossa is no slouch...