Author Topic: HEAVEN PLANNING AHEAD  (Read 13789 times)

Offline czeck

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
HEAVEN PLANNING AHEAD
« on: September 23, 2009, 05:32:08 pm »
Are we still on for the Lakes at the end of October 
Has Lake G got a track licence for the last meeting in November
Rgds
Carl

Offline Dan-166

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: HEAVEN PLANNING AHEAD
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 07:46:42 pm »
Carl,
Lakes is a definite goer for the 24th & 25th of October. Usual format with practice on the Saturday and 2 rounds of normal HEAVEN racing on the Sunday. New members encouraged to come and try it out. We are trying to organise a meal for the Saturday night and possibly some movies for those interested. Cost of the meal will be approx $25 per head and we will need numbers in advance, so I will get the flyer out for this early next week.
As for Lake Glenbawn, I think that they still have the track licensed but I shall give Leon a call and confirm that this round is a goer for November. Cheers.
Dan

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 08:13:39 pm »
Hi Dan

Any news on what's happening at Lakes for meals, camping etc.

Cheers
Shaun #23
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 08:17:20 pm by STiG »

Offline Dan-166

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 10:09:39 pm »
Shaun,
Camping at the track is OK. There are showers, toilets etc on site. At this stage there looks like there will be a two course meal on the Saturday night for approx $25 per head. I shall know more in a couple of days and keep you posted. Cheers.
Dan

Offline Damo

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 10:51:11 am »
Dan,

Any confirmation on track licencing at Glenbawn yet?

Thanks Damo

Offline Dan-166

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 05:09:24 pm »
Damo,
I shall chase Leon Wood up tonight and get back to you. Cheers
Dan

Offline Dan-166

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 08:14:34 pm »
All,
Spoke with Leon Wood from the Upper Hunter Club this evening and all is good for our last round at Glenbawn in November, so start making plans guys for the 21st & 22nd of November last round for the year. If you wish to trial the track before hand, the Upper Hunter Club is running a race meet at the track on Sunday 1st November. The track shall be well prepped and inside word is that it will be better than ever due to some track work and watering. So get set for the last flurry of points on offer and also the AGM and election of new committee for 2010.
Dan

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 06:16:38 am »
Sounds great Dan.

Do yourself a favour guy's and get to these last two rounds at great tracks that suit all era bikes. And help Therese and Don out by getting entries in as soon as possible.

http://www.heaven-vintagemx.com/forms/RACE_ENTRY_FORM.pdf

Cheers
Shaun #23
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 03:30:31 pm by STiG »

Offline czeck

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2009, 06:56:42 pm »
Hey Dan
What's with the Heaven website, does someone want me to take care of it, I could get a new one built and get it maintained if no one has the time.
I would be happy to pay for the rebuild if the club pays to maintain it.

Also, Lets make that last round a big one. Everybody enter, please!
I don't care how many rounds there is. I can't get enough.
Any one wants to come to Luee this weekend, we will be there, practising the black art of MX.

rgds

Offline Damo

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2009, 09:14:46 am »
All,
Spoke with Leon Wood from the Upper Hunter Club this evening and all is good for our last round at Glenbawn in November, so start making plans guys for the 21st & 22nd of November last round for the year. If you wish to trial the track before hand, the Upper Hunter Club is running a race meet at the track on Sunday 1st November. The track shall be well prepped and inside word is that it will be better than ever due to some track work and watering. So get set for the last flurry of points on offer and also the AGM and election of new committee for 2010.
Dan

Thanks Dan appreciate your invaluable input.
Well done mate.
Damo

Rosco400

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2009, 09:11:06 pm »
Hey Dan
What's with the Heaven website, does someone want me to take care of it, I could get a new one built and get it maintained if no one has the time.
I would be happy to pay for the rebuild if the club pays to maintain it.

Also, Lets make that last round a big one. Everybody enter, please!
I don't care how many rounds there is. I can't get enough.
Any one wants to come to Luee this weekend, we will be there, practising the black art of MX.

rgds

Cant ask any more than that Carl, pretty good offer, needs to be talked about this weekend ;)

Offline Dan-166

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2009, 08:37:54 am »
Carl,
Would like to catch up this weekend and have a chat regarding this. Also would like to get some feedback from as many members as possible on content of the website ( ie want they want ) and the way forward for the club next year and beyond. My intention is to nominate for a committee position in HEAVEN next year and would like to get as much input from members as I can regarding the clubs direction and way forward. This includes things like number of rounds, tracks we use, types of events, class structures etc and generally any constructive comments that they would like to put forward. Having said that, just because I nominate does not mean that members will vote me into a position, so we shall just have to see. Catch you on the weekend. Cheers.
Dan

firko

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2009, 11:00:06 am »
How refreshing that Dan is openly asking for input from the shop floor. What a marked difference to a couple of years ago where the facist dictatorship ruled with a big stick and woe be to anybody who even offered a suggestion let alone criticise decisions.....Methinks HEAVEN seems to be in capable hands and if they can inject some enthusiasm into their promotions the futures looking pretty bright.

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2009, 12:58:07 pm »
Here you go, my two bobs worth. I'll put it out there right here so's others can agree or howl me down. maybe with some discussion we can finetune some ideas for the HEAVEN executive to consider for next year. Before I start, let me just say I have no probs with HEAVEN at present. Plenty of events, lots of great people, a good executive, and more fun than you can poke a stick at.

A decent website. Find someone that can make it look good, and keep it up to date. It might be just me, but I like to see race reports, results and photos within a couple of weeks of an event. Also, it'd be nice to invest the site with some personality like Mark Austin did when he ran the site.  How about some interesting stuff on there, like profiles of riders and bikes, stories of events travelled to, merciless rumour mongering and so on. Before you say who's going to do it, get the site setup so that members can login and post their own stories and photos. That is certainly possible.

More events on the southern side of Sydney.

Fewer events in total. So that the ones there are get better support. I said it on another thread, but HEAVEN only needs say 6 events a year. We already have a few that qualify as special - CRC, Evo Challenge, Canowindra Cup. Hype these events up better. Start with a calendar early in the year plus some advertising/marketing of the big events for the year. Then follow through with regular updates on what's happening and when.  Actually, how about just 4 'major events' and have the club series decided on the results from those? Then add in several low key 'fun days' which don't require pre-entering. Days where you can take your bike along, look at it and others, talk crap, and go for a bit of a ride if you want. Hire a bike park for a Sunday/weekend.

How about a newsletter? A quarterly newsletter couldn't be too hard to come up with could it?

Classes wise, I'd love to see a major change here. Get rid of the million and one capacity classes. The Pre 78 classes are usually no more than 6-10 bikes. How dull is that? I enjoyed MUCH MUCH more the Canowindra Cup age races. I got to race my RM125 against some lumbering great British thing that flogged me. And I was surrounded by bikes of all sizes and shapes. But in the normal Classic 125, there were about 4 other bikes on the line... Yawn... Especially for me cos I am so slow that after the first corner I don't see any of those 4 bikes again. This subject could get a whole thread of its own.

A Pre-90 demo class.

How about a HEAVEN Dirt Track day at Nepean? Or even Canberra?

Bullymad

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2009, 02:06:23 pm »
How refreshing that Dan is openly asking for input from the shop floor. What a marked difference to a couple of years ago where the facist dictatorship ruled with a big stick and woe be to anybody who even offered a suggestion let alone criticise decisions.....Methinks HEAVEN seems to be in capable hands and if they can inject some enthusiasm into their promotions the futures looking pretty bright.

Totally agree Firco
Heaven was palooka central there a  couple of years ago and it's good to see the change to involve others in the decision making.
Take a breath Admin, you have more points than a rose bush.
4 main events will hopefully bring better numbers to the race meets and more at the start gate per each class.
Running a 125 with a large 4 stroke is rediculous and it is heading back to the stone age
If the web site is run correctly there will be no reason for a quarterly newsletter....unless some people don't have a computer.