Author Topic: Dirt Track results  (Read 8405 times)

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
Dirt Track results
« on: September 20, 2009, 04:01:32 pm »
Has anybody got a report or any results from the Nationals yet?

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Dirt Track results
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 05:58:32 pm »
It's only just all over now, I hear. It ran a bit late. What I a can tell you it was a great well run meeting, a great spectacle, great amenities, great weekend with a great bunch of flat track die hard talent. I had to leave at 1.30pm today to seek out the warm healing hands of my personal nurse.
My weekend had been cut short from back pain resulting from a camfire incident when my deluxe campside chair from China let out an all-mighty snapping scream as it abandonded me, within a micro second I laid sprawled on my back in shock.
The chair had not long failed rigurous scrutineering and was subject to critisism and predictions of impending doom from the great psychic Rosco400. (I am left thinking it may have been a curse).

I am sure we will all know soon the rest of the results.

Thanks for a great weekend HUNTER MOTORCYCLE CLUB. 
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 06:03:52 pm by MICK-DE »
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

firko

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 06:25:25 pm »
What a meeting! The numbers may have been down but the vibe was electric. I had to bail out at lunch time today due to some minor dramas at home but I had a ball. Full credit must go to the Hunter club, especially Glenn Pickering and his hard working and enthusiastic crew. Because I was commentating on Saturday and my early departure today I didn't get many shots but I'm certain it won't be long before the void is filled.....My highlight? Glenn Evans unbelievable Matchless Metisse and his superb control of the beasty. If anybody ever blurts that pre '65 bikes are boring slugs, I'll invite them to watch Glenn and this beast in action. I'd be pretty certain that it was the fastest bike of the meet and that  includes 4v sliders and Evo/pre 85 class bikes. Good stuff. It was also cool putting forum names to faces. It was great meeting a bunch of new friends..........I should have the results pretty soon so If someone doesn't beat me to it I'll post 'em as soon as I get them from Glenn. Thank you Hunter Club for renewing my faith in vintage dirt track. There's some exciting stuff to come so stay tuned!  ;D ;)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 11:15:31 pm by firko »

Curly3

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 07:09:40 pm »
I'm pretty sure, David Stevens won the Sliders with Tim Hunter second, Tim had it won until he broke his RH footrest off on the last lap.Trevor Hunter came second in the over 60's after leading until the last corner. I couldn't see anyone getting near Glen Evans on either  his Matchless or Jawa Mettise's. Peter Lee looked quick on his XL250 & XS750 but bent the inlet valves on the XL350-450 yesterday.
Dave Gras was super consistant all weekend and in with a show in several finals.
I missed the rest of the action and am as keen to find out as the rest of you.
O.P.S.M. are doing 2 for 1 Firko, maybe we can go together?
Great weekend and makes me super keen to join in next year.
Steve

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2009, 07:17:22 pm »
Like Firko said great to be able to put cyber names and faces together. Here's one bloke I finally met.
Col Moody.

What a buzz weekend, amazing machinery, new freinds, I am So hyped up, I keep limping out to the shed in an attempt to get a bike completed.

Dissapionting to get news that Beggar was carttered off to hospital to get a dislocated shoulder seen to. A great bloke that always has a smile on his face while he talking bikes, but I suppose that's the hazzard of wrestling a 500cc bike in full slide :o. Get well soon Beggar.

Curly3

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2009, 07:25:56 pm »
You just remined me Mick, poor Col waited about 2 hrs for his second ride and fouled a plug on the line, hopefully things went better in rd3 as he was going well.

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2009, 07:27:57 pm »
I'm pretty sure, David Stevens won the Sliders with Tim Hunter second, Tim had it won until he broke his RH footrest off on the last lap.Trevor Hunter came second in the over 60's after leading until the last corner. I couldn't see anyone getting near Glen Evans on either  his Matchless or Jawa Mettise's. Peter Lee looked quick on his XL250 & XS750 but bent the inlet valves on the XL350-450 yesterday.
Dave Gras was super consistant all weekend and in with a show in several finals.
I missed the rest of the action and am as keen to find out as the rest of you.
O.P.S.M. are doing 2 for 1 Firko, maybe we can go together?
Great weekend and makes me super keen to join in next year.
Steve

Your not wrong Steve, I flag marshalled the first corner at the end of the straight all day Saturday. Mind blowing, you could feel the ground tremble at the end of the straight as that green Jawa Metisse led that thundering pack into it's chosen lines. Mind blowing. What bikes, what riders. What a competition.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 07:49:04 pm by MICK-DE »

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2009, 08:37:58 pm »
Just got a call from Brownie, he's at hospital with Beggar and family. Beggar is about to be transferred to the John Hunter for surgery. He has snapped the ball off his shoulder joint and done some serious tendon and ligament damage. Brownie said he was still laughing until he told him “you had made it into the finals, if you hadn’t of stacked it”. They are a tough bunch. Look at Rickak, full of plates and screws but still going flat bickie in the DT NATS. Rosco400 just took third place riding up a class in the  Pre 70 263cc and over,  in the DT NAT’S Today on a 250 :o
And Rosco’s shoulder looks like the twin to Eegor the bell ringer’s shoulder, after the crash at the Jack Hogg Classic earlier this year.
I have only heard dribbs and drabs, so best we wait for Firko to take delivery the official standings.
The suspense is hurting more than my back ::)
I hope there is news soon ??? I have just been fine tuning my medication ::)
I reckon a tempory induced coma is imminent ;D
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 09:18:07 pm by MICK-DE »

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2009, 09:23:46 pm »
Dennis just sent me a pic of DG26 looking quite happy and a bit sheepish next to a trophy. The SMS was titled "Champion" and it was even spelled right....

Dunno what he won, but its not bad for Don's first ever dirt track meet.   :D

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2009, 09:30:13 pm »
Dennis just sent me a pic of DG26 looking quite happy and a bit sheepish next to a trophy. The SMS was titled "Champion" and it was even spelled right....

Dunno what he won, but its not bad for Don's first ever dirt track meet.   :D

The suspense is killing me Nathan ::)
I couldn't get many more action shots. I quickly realized that when the bikes all hit that first corner together, there was no time to be holding a flag and a camera :o

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2009, 06:44:19 am »
hi
my mate glen took 1000 shots over the weekend he will send me a dvd with them on.i had a great time just there to make up the no and the vibe around the track was great.overall the meet was great.i had a big get off inround 3 in the 250 couldnt ride the cz400 very well made the final pre75 253-500 along with matcho mick but didnt want to risk and damage to my left shoulder so didnt ride
cheers
jim

Rosco400

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2009, 08:22:19 am »
Had a great weekend, many thanks to all officials who put in the hard yards to make the event happen plus the flaggies who suffered in the warm weather

Third in the Pre 70 all powers was a bonus, Glen Evans and Peter Lee rode extremely well and were really not going to be threatend.

Had a laydown on Saturday in the Evo 263 plus and whilst laying on the ground Adam Thompson had to rub salt into the wounds with laughter as I struggled to pick back up as he went past. Then has the audacity to rip me further back in the pits. All in good fun tho ;D

Mick De, what can  i say, you have to stop shopping at go-lo although your entertainment on Saturday night was nothing short of spectacular ::)

Beggar operated on last night so hope he has a quick recovery :-\

Few delays saw the presentatin not finish until around 7 due to few rider falls, hope all riders feeling  bit better today.

Good a few a heaven riders rode and sure they all enjoyed themselves.

Noel s CZ packed a coil at practice but not much you could do about that,

Overall a very satisfying weekend ;)

Offline Snowy 76

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2009, 08:57:34 am »
Don took out 3rd in the pre78 125, It was on your bike Nathan.
Couple of CR`s

number 87

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2009, 09:57:01 am »
Great weekend, brilliant racing, a huge thanks to all involved  ;D - never good to see anyone leave the track in a disco truck -  :'( - get well soon.

Cheers to all

Rosco400

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2009, 12:48:34 pm »
Update on Suzuki 174, (Beggar), looks like riding days are over  for good, ball of collarbone gone and shoulder socket on chest, Specialits have moved him to private hospital from John Junter and further operations this arvo at Warners Bay :'(.

Beggar only started riding last year and was hooked from the outset and has managed to accumulate few bikes in this time, will be a very disappointed lad to say the least :(