Author Topic: Gaston Rahier  (Read 36014 times)

oldfart

Re: Gaston Rahier
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2009, 09:14:29 pm »
Love how they do mono's up to jump with ease  :)    they make it look easy

Offline maicoman18

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2009, 01:35:10 pm »
Posted on: Yesterday at 07:47:11 PMPosted by: Doc 
Insert Quote
thanks again maicoman great stuff, who is number 'B' on the 125 Suzuki in the second vid at 1:43? am I missing the obvious??

Doc, old memory is fading but believe that when Rahier came out, they also sent out the guy from Japan and a guy from Finland (No.B). I don't remember his name though, sorry.

Ed

Offline maicoman18

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2009, 04:26:38 pm »
Last bit to finish off Rahier (so to speak). Only 30 seconds worth.

http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa255/maicoman18/?action=view&current=RahieratAmaroolast-1.flv

Ed

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2009, 07:23:18 pm »
Last bit to finish off Rahier (so to speak). Only 30 seconds worth.

http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa255/maicoman18/?action=view&current=RahieratAmaroolast-1.flv

Ed

Great stuf.Who's the girl? Its not his missus.

The other vids are great too. Are they converted from super8 film?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 07:45:42 pm by motomaniac »

Offline maicoman18

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2009, 05:21:49 pm »
No idea who the girl is.
Super8 film to VCR to CD to computer then finally onto here. Original quality wasn't much better but got a bit worse in its journey to the big screen.

Ed

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2009, 07:37:35 pm »
onehunga united M/C club ran a mx riding school for Colemans with Gaston at jeffersons farm helensville,Auckland.
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

murray

« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2010, 09:09:18 pm »
WOW!
Yes the old days.
Quick memories-- When Gaston (rip) raced at JILLIBY our club WDMCC called it the "BIG 60" some of us have the programe.
Gaston was accompanied by a guy called FRAN LOGNEY. I rode a can am (big mistake) and Gally ran second.
Gaston had some hybrid practice proddie Suzukies with hell high footpegs. I had one of the 250`s for a while.Gaston took a liking to the late RON FORDHAMS daughter, Pam, after the Jilliby race.
Geoff Warrell (rip) really showed how aggressively fast he was at Jilliby on that day!
Vic Allen gave Gaston a run for his money and I believe won a moto at the Aussie champs in Tasmania in `75?
Great memories. I have some old video(somewhere) that needs TLC if someone has the expertise.
Alan Hurt from our club may have more `70`s clips too?

Muz Wicks

albrid-3

« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2010, 09:33:31 pm »
The SWM 125 works bike Sachs engine was ridden by the Italian ride at Wallan, that same bike was found by John Mills in Lilydale at Chris oldfield Motorcycle Shop Vic, l believe it went to a collector in NSW.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 09:35:07 pm by Dot »

albrid-3

« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2010, 09:40:39 pm »
Gaston, Suzuki 125 was one quick bike.

Offline MX?

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Classic Bike Forum
« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2010, 09:52:33 pm »
WOW!
Yes the old days.
Quick memories-- When Gaston (rip) raced at JILLIBY our club WDMCC called it the "BIG 60" some of us have the programe.
Gaston was accompanied by a guy called FRAN LOGNEY. I rode a can am (big mistake) and Gally ran second.
Gaston had some hybrid practice proddie Suzukies with hell high footpegs. I had one of the 250`s for a while.Gaston took a liking to the late RON FORDHAMS daughter, Pam, after the Jilliby race.

Muz Wicks
Hmmm, Ron Fordam Honda....spent far too much money in there as a young fella! Had Phil Hiscock rebuild my Z motor recently.
I was, I think, 1 year behind you at good ole Erina High. A couple of us did the flag marshall thing at that Jilliby meet.

PB20

« Reply #70 on: March 06, 2010, 09:39:26 am »
For your viewing pleasure, (I hope) Mr Rahier at Amaroo. Be patient, first 30 seconds is crap. Haven't mastered the gizmos yet to cut out the unwanted bits.
Overall quallity is poor, sorry about that chief.

http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa255/maicoman18/?action=view&current=RahieratAmaroo.flv

Ed

Holy crap thats awesome!! Loved the first bit at Canberra's Karma Gutza track too.

Offline Stan S

• Legend
  • Ballarat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2010, 10:29:29 am »
Gaston was a fabulous 125 rider and I had the privilege of racing him at the 75 Aussie Titles in Tassie but I missed the oportunity of racing him the next week at Wallan as the crew of the Princess of Tasmania decided to go on strike for a week and we had to camp in the parking area at the boat terminal and didn't get back in time for the Wallan meeting. It's amazing how you can make time pass with nothing to do and no money to do it with. We couldn't leave the terminal for long in case they called the strike off. I was travelling with Mick Nicol so we opened the back of my van and had a sale of tyres and parts etc to fund our week of boozing etc. Mike Landman and the Armstrongs were also stuck there and missed the Wallan meeting. I remember a couple of nights before the Tassie meeting Jack Pengelly, Gary Flood, Mick Nicol and myself went to a pub for a meal and Gaston came and joined us. After the meal and a number of refreshments Gaston got up and stated " No wonder you Australians will never do any good, you drink too much". I remember thinking was that a compliment or not as we had only had about 6 bottles of Matues Rose and some benedictines at that stage. Anyway great memories and R.I.P Gaston.

Stan

PB20

« Reply #72 on: March 06, 2010, 06:16:49 pm »
Insert Quote
thanks again maicoman great stuff, who is number 'B' on the 125 Suzuki in the second vid at 1:43? am I missing the obvious??

Doc, old memory is fading but believe that when Rahier came out, they also sent out the guy from Japan and a guy from Finland (No.B). I don't remember his name though, sorry.

Ed

I believe the Jp guy was Koji Masuda... I was 11 at that Amaroo meeting. I remember Vic Allen and Gaston coming together on the back section of the track and Vic throwing a punch..LOL..good stuff Maicoman!

Offline Stan S

• Legend
  • Ballarat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2010, 08:27:47 pm »
Insert Quote

Ed
I believe  the Jp guy was Koji Masuda... I was 11 at that Amaroo meeting. I remember Vic Allen and Gaston coming together on the back section of the track and Vic throwing a punch..LOL..good stuff Maicoman!

Gaston and Vic Allen after a coming together at Amaroo in 1975

Stan

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 31, 2013, 06:50:49 pm »
Gaston was a fabulous 125 rider and I had the privilege of racing him at the 75 Aussie Titles in Tassie but I missed the oportunity of racing him the next week at Wallan as the crew of the Princess of Tasmania decided to go on strike for a week and we had to camp in the parking area at the boat terminal and didn't get back in time for the Wallan meeting. It's amazing how you can make time pass with nothing to do and no money to do it with. We couldn't leave the terminal for long in case they called the strike off. I was travelling with Mick Nicol so we opened the back of my van and had a sale of tyres and parts etc to fund our week of boozing etc. Mike Landman and the Armstrongs were also stuck there and missed the Wallan meeting. I remember a couple of nights before the Tassie meeting Jack Pengelly, Gary Flood, Mick Nicol and myself went to a pub for a meal and Gaston came and joined us. After the meal and a number of refreshments Gaston got up and stated " No wonder you Australians will never do any good, you drink too much". I remember thinking was that a compliment or not as we had only had about 6 bottles of Matues Rose and some benedictines at that stage. Anyway great memories and R.I.P Gaston.
Stan

I realise its an old topic Stan,but having a coffee with Rogers "Scrambling Downunder" and see the results of Tasmania with Michael Landmans fantastic results in 500cc Solo of 3rd.
Got me thinking how these OS riders got back to the mainland before you -??- to take more trophys at Wallan ,or should I not ask, how you missed the Walllan event before the dam strike.
Seems the strikes still abound even at the last Nats there.
cheers A
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 06:53:26 pm by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!