Author Topic: 2010 VMX Tri Series  (Read 34668 times)

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 VMX Tri Series
« Reply #180 on: September 17, 2009, 01:06:53 am »
It will be held at Narrogin, the VMXWA home track which is around 2 hours south of Perth. Scene of the club's two biggest meetings, the 10th Anniversary bash in 204, and the VMX Nats of 2006, with guest stars Jeff Smith and Jimmy Aird. It is a wide, loamy, hilly, graded track of around 1.9km which is lovingly graded and prepped, and because it's in WA, is sidecar-friendly.... ;)
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 17, 2009, 01:45:48 pm »
Sounds tempting , whats the date ?

Don't know about the home track 15th birthday bash date ,but the Wandering (20 minutes from the home track) is always held in August ---now that's the one for sidecars  :-*
Pretty well will be enjoying the 15th Anniversary all year I reckon  ;)   ;D actually I enjoy ever year at VMX
now this is a thread hijack  :-X
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline Mick22

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 17, 2009, 03:17:09 pm »
I think there is enough support around to get a pre85/pre90 series off the ground. Its hard to gauge support for new events so hopefully the guys will get it up and running and we'll see how it works out. Its quite possible that this type of series will appeal to a new demographic not currently catered to in VMX and therefore bring out some new riders.

I think if you build it they will come! and it will inject new riders and enthusiasm into VMX.

As far as the problem of people not wanting to travel, I'm not trying to speak for all Vic riders but in my circle of friends that race our collective opinion is why travel interstate when we are spoilt for options in Victoria and there appears to be little or no support for Pre85/90 racing anywhere else.

While there may be some crossover between bike shows/swap meets and racing I think they appeal to different crowds so Im not sure comparisons between CD/BBB and race meetings are relevant. There is no way I would drive interstate to ride my bike around in a non competitive event and to have a waffle around a swap meet but I'm definitely up for a trip for a race meeting. I just hope they run it as a "Series" or a "Challenge" for a few years and not a championship as it seems as soon as a race meeting has "Championship" status all the BS begins, it also puts off the guys who really just want to ride for a bit of fun.

Looking fo a TZ750 anyone with any leads please PM

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 17, 2009, 03:36:59 pm »
I think there is enough support around to get a pre85/pre90 series off the ground. Its hard to gauge support for new events so hopefully the guys will get it up and running and we'll see how it works out. Its quite possible that this type of series will appeal to a new demographic not currently catered to in VMX and therefore bring out some new riders.

I think if you build it they will come! and it will inject new riders and enthusiasm into VMX.

As far as the problem of people not wanting to travel, I'm not trying to speak for all Vic riders but in my circle of friends that race our collective opinion is why travel interstate when we are spoilt for options in Victoria and there appears to be little or no support for Pre85/90 racing anywhere else.

While there may be some crossover between bike shows/swap meets and racing I think they appeal to different crowds so Im not sure comparisons between CD/BBB and race meetings are relevant. There is no way I would drive interstate to ride my bike around in a non competitive event and to have a waffle around a swap meet but I'm definitely up for a trip for a race meeting. I just hope they run it as a "Series" or a "Challenge" for a few years and not a championship as it seems as soon as a race meeting has "Championship" status all the BS begins, it also puts off the guys who really just want to ride for a bit of fun.

Mick22,I don't understand what you want to do "race or have fun"...some times BS is all within the Challenge,visa versa.. :o
I believe there is a few 85 & 90's  in Queensland.
I find your post a bit like I want the whole cake and eat it too...sorry to offend. :-[
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 17, 2009, 04:07:35 pm »
to add to Allison comments - Annual Wandering meet next year 15th August - 15th Anniversary meet 27th, 28th and 29th August. VMXWA

cheers

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline Mick22

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 17, 2009, 04:28:38 pm »
Who wouldn't want the whole cake and eat it too..... never really got that expression ;D

To clear it up, I like good hard racing not just going out for a toodle around. But each to their own if guys want to cruise around or ride non competitive events.....good on em it takes all sorts!

A Championship in modern racing is all about the pinnacle of the best riders and machines and all the dramas that that take to win the championship. All the difficulties in winning are what makes it worthwhile.

Unfortunately from what I have witnessed in Classic racing whether it be VMX, road racing or car racing etc, the minute the words classic and championship are put together it forms some form of powerfull BS magnet. Most of the reports from the local races talk about the good time had by all but when it comes to championship events there are countless pages about footpeg springs, wrong triple clamps etc etc where are the pages and pages about the great racing, the great rides and bikes? All of the crap  detracts from the actual championship.

Ji Gantor

« Reply #186 on: September 17, 2009, 05:33:39 pm »
I also would only travel interstate  if it was a hardcore race championship.
The bikes still have to be period correct.

Ji

Offline Mick22

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 17, 2009, 05:43:58 pm »

The bikes still have to be period correct.
Ji

I agree, the rules are the rules.
Justifying dodgy parts/bikes with excuses like..."it only matters if you win" or "this triple clamp is not going to make me any faster" is a blight on the sport. The sooner we have log books, the better

« Reply #188 on: September 17, 2009, 06:00:14 pm »
Most of the reports from the local races talk about the good time had by all but when it comes to championship events there are countless pages about footpeg springs, wrong triple clamps etc etc where are the pages and pages about the great racing, the great rides and bikes? All of the crap  detracts from the actual championship.
Mick22, what seems to be the case in 99.9% of the time, is the BS is here on the forum. When you go to the meetings, they are all good. Only the very odd occasion would there be any sort of shite fight at a meeting.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 17, 2009, 06:40:59 pm »
Most of the reports from the local races talk about the good time had by all but when it comes to championship events there are countless pages about footpeg springs, wrong triple clamps etc etc where are the pages and pages about the great racing, the great rides and bikes? All of the crap  detracts from the actual championship.
Mick22, what seems to be the case in 99.9% of the time, is the BS is here on the forum. When you go to the meetings, they are all good. Only the very odd occasion would there be any sort of shite fight at a meeting.
Aint that the truth!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 15, 2010, 05:58:04 pm »
Hopefully Drakie and his fellow vintage officials pulls a state's classic round out of the hat for the Nats-
round 2 say three races only being held at CD7 with of course VMX mags approval . ;)  ;D .
3rd and last round here in the west  :P in  August.............how hard can it all be  8)
cheers
Best is in the West !!