Author Topic: The Stig unmasked ...............on Top Gear tonight  (Read 7320 times)

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
The Stig unmasked ...............on Top Gear tonight
« on: August 31, 2009, 06:48:15 pm »
If you know no spoilers please.
Top Gear fans will get a chance to see 'The Stig' ( some say it was a publicity stunt gone wrong............... ;D ) unmasked up until recently a best kept secret up there with the 12 herb and spices, the coke-a-cola formula and where they keep the dead aliens ;D
I think you will be surprise just how far up the greasy pole they got with him :-X
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: The Stig unmasked ...............on Top Gear tonight
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 06:56:47 pm »
I fear you are leading yourself into their web of deception. The real White Stig will be much closer to you in the next few months.
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 07:07:19 pm »
Top Gear Aussie- now that's a show I love  :-*
I'm sorry to say that British version sux-well the commentator anyway  :-\ and I usually like most commentators   ;)  ;D
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline TeeBone

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 07:31:59 pm »
Not going to spoil it Lozza, but it was unearthed a few months back in the UK. You will be surprised!

VMX247 - Now that they have rid themselves of the noose that was Charlie (who had the personality and charisma of a letter box), TGA is a much better show - it still has a long way to go the better or even equal the original!
Destined to a life behind bars. A garage full of KTM's and a 73 CR 250M Honda....H7 250 Monty will be at Harrow!
A "never was" of the Nineties...

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 08:03:24 pm »
Sorry but THe aussie version is a joke, well half watched 3 and nearly barfed everytime.   Why you would have a trumpet playing has been on your show and expect it to rate is beyond,

what the real top gear has in spades is charissma, personality and entertainment.  To get the balance on the screen you need to find the right presenters and they need to balance out and work off each other, then again with access to real cars the Aussie rehash with a few ford and holden reviews was always destind for the scrap heap challange.  (although i prefer junk yard wars)

i think they are on there second stig anyway after the other one was outed as the euro race driver dude
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 08:10:12 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 08:06:49 pm »
I was only happy with the episode with the xy gt ho i would love one if i could afford one i think i will aim to save enough to buy an xa xb xc coupe Uk series is pretty entertaining 
1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 08:17:30 pm »
I cant say I have watched it that much- ::)   well between posts on OZVMX anyway  ;)   ;D
The boys get into it (both versions,don't get much TV in the country) and I liked the backdrops with the Aussie scenery   :-\
I'm sure we will flick the channel and have a look see...thanks Lozza
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 08:28:25 pm »
frosty.............Save your money, invest and buy more bikes.
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

oldfart

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2009, 08:35:31 pm »
Ah, but was it....

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2009, 08:49:55 pm »
It is not Michael Shumacher, they just dressed him that way to drive the massively expensive Ferrari that they had (I downloaded this episode in June  ::))
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2009, 08:57:20 pm »
Well it was 'him' driving that FXX Ferrari and was still in the clear by a second or so in the 'F1 Star in the reasonably priced car'  and that falls into line.
Yeah the Stig is coming to Bathurst or so I hear.Freaky James Morrison is a confirmed petrol head and has a large stable of expensive and collectable cars, he's crashed a few in Targa Tasmainia. TGA is only it's second season while the UK version is in it's 10th and the UK's show would have a budget 100times larger.So that's why the banter is a better, plus it's good to see Clarkson make a knob of himself.
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2009, 09:00:51 pm »
Indeed. Yes Lozza, that was crap, the man you're after will be driving at Phillip Island and Bathurst with the Kelly brothers in the Jack Daniel's Commodore and his name is Ben Collins, look it up on Google if you don't believe me.  ;)
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2009, 09:04:31 pm »
I get ya, but where not making excuses because it has a small budget, less access to cars,or for that matter less experiance even though they are just regurjitating a proven formulae or that you can give some fat blower personality just because he collect cars ?

If it has to exsist at all, then it has to stand on its own.  this is typical of usually poor amaerican rip off of other prime quality english writing and productions.

74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2009, 09:37:22 pm »
Tonight's Top Gear has brought us the BLACK SHADOW VINCENT  :-*
A Jag and
a Steam Train Comp  ;D
it's  MS and the crowd roared   ;D
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 09:58:10 pm by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2009, 11:06:33 pm »
Aussie Top Gear is OK - and getting better as they spend less time trying to be Pommy Top Gear.

Pretty sure the Aussie Stig is Rick Bates.

The Pommy Stig is supposed to have been several different people. Damon Hill is one name that comes up a lot.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.