Author Topic: TM400 for young Frosty.  (Read 16633 times)

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: TM400 for young Frosty.
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2009, 08:30:58 pm »
I think I seen them advertised but I cant remember what condition are they in I am sure my dad would like a 125 he had one in late 70's but I may not be able to ride it for a while that is why I am not in a rush for a tm my dad can't be expected to drive me everywhere thanks alot Michael. :)
1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2009, 09:05:40 pm »
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?View
Item&item=330380495286&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

$3900 USA
$4300 Aus

27 bidders   :o
Best is in the West !!

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2009, 09:17:57 pm »
this is the kind of bike you stay clear of unless you have a lot of cash.it will not be cheao to import.you will need a title or it wount be able to leave the usa.and some shippers want aust governmet import papers that you have to apply for in canberra.
Suzuki 1974 TM400 NOS Nice! TM 400 Vintage 250 TS CR YZ 
Vehicle Description 

NO RESERVE !

This is an extremely nice, meticulously restored 1974 Suzuki TM400. It's an extremely special restoration with a LOT of time given to each and every surface, part, nut, bolt, washer, everything! Everything on this bike is New, NOS, Painted, Chrome Plated, Zinc Plated or Polished Beautifully. The paint is as slick as glass with the paint under the bike is slick as the rest. The engine is clean as a pin inside and out. No cracks, broken bosses or broken fins anywhere. It’s been rebuilt with new crank bearings, seals and a new .5mm over piston & ring kit. All genuine Suzuki parts. The oil injection is hooked up and working. The engine starts and runs as good as it looks. It shifts through all gears smoothly. It has an excellent factory pipe with NO dents NO dings! This bike is a most highly collectable Suzuki bike and would be a great asset to your collection. Bid with confidence, I have restored over two hundred bikes with happy customers all over the world. I could go on and on about this bike but looking at the pictures pretty much tells the tale. I have no title but will write you a full Bill of Sale. Add me to your favorite sellers for more upcoming project bikes.

If you win the auction, I will email you after the "End of Auction" notice. After that I would like to talk over arrangements by phone within 24 hours. As always, Ask questions before bidding. Sold as is.

I can have this bike shipped to your door with a carrier for around $400 - $600 here in the lower 48, depending upon the area you live. If you wanted to use your own carrier or seek one out, I would work with you if it takes more time.

International buyers should arrange shipping themselves if possible. A rough estimate for this bike to be air shipped overseas is $700 - $1200 USD and 4-10 days. There will also be a $100 crating fee, which is just about the cost for the lumber. Please check with freight forwarders in your area for quotes as well. For your quotes, the bike will originate from zip code 63070 and go through a St Louis Missouri USA dock.

Payment is due within 5 days from the close of auction. If by chance you can't arrange the money in that length of time please email me BEFORE the auction ends and we can talk over different arrangements. I am very easy to work with!!  Thanks and the best of luck !!  Jeff Weier

700-1200 air freight is a joke.its 250usd to air freight a yz125 motor.got quoted today 750.00 us for a sr500 motor through ups.
stay with unrestored and get it packed in boxes and imported as spare parts

Offline ty4

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2009, 10:11:07 pm »
hey Frosty, was just on marks vintage website and someone has the 71 model you want
apparrently it's pretty rough cosmeticly but 500 bucks
bike is in newyork, don't know if that makes it harder to get it here
am sure the uncles can word you up on the pitfalls
good luck
tony

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2009, 10:17:28 pm »
Thanks Tony I had contacted him about that one but then trying to figure postage looked like it might be a drama and he had told me he had a lot of interest so he needed a decision quick and I am not in a hurry so I think he may have it sold by now thanks Michael. :)
1971 tm400 and PE's

firko

« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2009, 10:29:59 pm »
New York is geographically undesirable because of the extra costs getting it to the West Coast.

Offline NSR

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
The Swvm though the tree's! http://youtu.be/4h6BbasT16I
Metalink Conondale vinduro sprint. May 19/20 2018    
www.metalink.net.au  Bike trailers & Canopies

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2009, 08:45:46 am »
Frosty what you need to do is take the build a bike option given limited resources and you have plenty of time on the clock.

Find a frame some place,  buy the motor piece by piece, all the cycle parts (forks, wheels etc etc) you can find easily and cheap in Aussie.

That way you are not shipping stuff you don't need or is a hassle to move about the world.
formerly Marc.com

firko

« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2009, 10:02:21 am »
Frosty what you need to do is take the build a bike option given limited resources and you have plenty of time on the clock.
Find a frame some place,  buy the motor piece by piece, all the cycle parts (forks, wheels etc etc) you can find easily and cheap in Aussie.That way you are not shipping stuff you don't need or is a hassle to move about the world.
Even better idea Michael. Bit by bit, piece by piece is a cheap way of doing it. In fact it's the way I like to do it, I find it more exciting and rewarding. The parts chase is one of the best parts of the build. The stuff is available, reasonably cheap and you don't have to raise the ready cash all in one go.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 10:08:49 am by firko »

mx250

« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2009, 10:19:54 am »
Find a frame some place,  buy the motor piece by piece, all the cycle parts (forks, wheels etc etc) you can find easily and cheap in Aussie.That way you are not shipping stuff you don't need or is a hassle to move about the world.
Even better idea Michael. Bit by bit, piece by piece is a cheap way of doing it. In fact it's the way I like to do it, I find it more exciting and rewarding. The parts chase is one of the best parts of the build. The stuff is available, reasonably cheap and you don't have to raise the ready cash all in one go.
I would agree but cost of postage/transport is killing this option unless you get the parts extremely cheap in the first instance.

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2009, 12:05:50 pm »
I had thought of that because no matter what year frame tm400 I find 71 to 74 and no matter what motor I find 71 to 74 since suzuki's numbers dont match they are just in a ball park so I can just get some cases from the US to suit the year frame I have and put those cases on to the motor I have to match that year frame. If they dont already I am doing this with three bikes already a pe400t a pe250b and a rm400c I also have a mt250 to build but no rush on any of those though thanks alot Michael. :)
1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2009, 12:24:23 pm »
this is the kind of bike you stay clear of unless you have a lot of cash.it will not be cheao to import.you will need a title or it wount be able to leave the usa.and some shippers want aust governmet import papers that you have to apply for in canberra.
Suzuki 1974 TM400 NOS Nice! TM 400 Vintage 250 TS CR YZ 

cheers ,interesting to watch though,30 minutes to go and $4861.53 Aus or $4450 US

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
ViewItem&item=330380495286&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT
SOLD....$4600 US - $5025 Aus
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 12:53:00 pm by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2009, 01:14:11 pm »
so I can just get some cases from the US to suit the year frame I have and put those cases on to the motor I have to match that year frame.

If I was building one I would score the cases and barrel out of the USA, sling the guts of a TS400 inside it which gives you a heavier crank and better power characteristics, slap it in the spare TM250 that is in stock and bobs your uncle.
formerly Marc.com

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2009, 05:26:20 pm »
TS400 has different gear ratios and also ignition and flywheel so it really isnt a motor crosser even though you can make it one and get rid of tm400's problems it would not be the same I cant understand how there are no tm400's about here even in peices thanks Michael. :)
1971 tm400 and PE's

mainline

« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2009, 06:42:46 pm »