Author Topic: Freestyle  (Read 5664 times)

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
Re: Freestyle
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2009, 07:08:52 pm »
I'm with Curly3 on this and just about eveybody else. jimson
Just a balless freak having a go

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2009, 12:20:25 am »
Travesty and more to do with BMX than VMX, instant gratification for the gameboy generation.

Theres some nice U Tube footage of people dying when the stunt goes wrong.
formerly Marc.com

Offline ricakk

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2009, 01:12:27 am »
Love the tattoos,  but wont be doing any backflips.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 08:21:47 am by ricakk »

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2009, 09:52:36 am »
Love the tattoos,  but wont be doing any backflips.

you might like to consider the tattoo option, makes life easier in immigration.

http://www.prankplace.com/tattoo.htm

my Canadian wife and I are always fighting about tattoos, she considers it self expression, as a NZder I consider the tattoo dude is f$%^ing with me and stepping me out, tattoo that shit you have to be able to back it up. 

formerly Marc.com

Offline ricakk

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2009, 12:22:28 pm »
Smart Wife

TooFastTim

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2009, 08:01:49 pm »
Not my favourite. The skills are, IMO, "one-dimensional". In other words they're not the complete package. Clearly some are far more rounded than others e.g. Pastrana and Hart. The posting about them not being able to go round corners I've heard before. I mate said the same thing. Said they couldn't turn for toffee. Actually he didn't say that but you get the idea.

To me bike + ground (not tarmac) means fast or feet up. MX, trials or enduros are logical things to do on a bike. Freestyle is a little weird.

I'm not wild about tats but I did watch an interview on the box with Corey Hart the other week and he is articulate and bright. I was pleasently surprised.

Offline Hardex

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2009, 07:57:35 pm »
Back in 97 I think it was Cary Hart came to Australia for the first Warp Tour and it started in Anglesea Vic.My Bro owns Platypus Australia (imports LBZ SKIN XXX etc) and he was a major sponsor for the Tour and Cary came to my house in Geelong before the tour He had very few tattoos back then and was extremely polite and he didn't even swear.He was so clean cut and I remember thinking, what is he doing in this sport ? unlike Seth who was somewhat stoned the three times I met him.When Cary's Bro died a couple of years ago he seemed to loose his way for a while but last I heard he was back on track.As far as freestyle goes I feel it has reintroduced rebellion in the motorcycle industry that we had back in the early 60's (Marlon Brando times) and I know the guys that fought hard to bring motorcycling up to a standard that families embraced it , are a little disappointed.That said it's all about the money at the end of the day .
It's interesting to note that a few of the Metal Mulisha riders have recently become Christians and it will be interesting to see what will happen in the future with those Guys.

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2009, 11:00:56 am »
...a few of the Metal Mulisha riders have recently become Christians...

A good move considering the nature of their 'sport' and their expected life span... and I can't see Muslims putting up with their sh1t.

My opinion on freestyle?
The skills are amazing and it's gutsy stuff but I wouldn't miss it if it disappeared overnight.
And funny how so many of us are quickly 'bored' with 'the same old stunts'; those tricks are truly amazing yet we're already 'over it'.
I can also do without the Riders attitude and randomly placed tough stickers and facial rivets.
Given the nature of the sport - and the need to invent new and more intricate tricks - I fear many more deaths and incapacitations.

However, I confess to having watched many times - and recently paid money to attend the Crusty Demons in Brisbane - but if I ruled the World I'd ban it.
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

All Things 414

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2009, 11:15:51 am »
but if I ruled the World I'd ban it.
Yeah. That and golf.
I just wish they'd make more of the vids like in the first couple of Crusty DVD's. You know. Just out in riding areas doing those massive jumps with maybe a big 'whip' and that's about it. I think once all the man-made jumps came into it, it all turned to shit.
One good thing has come from all this though.
Someone made all the tossers of this world put "Flightpath" on the back of their cars. It makes it a little easier to spot them now....... ;)

firko

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2009, 11:48:47 am »
Bejesus the planets must be aligned......We agree again 8)
Like many blokes who approach middle age I was peer pressured into golf by mates who saw it a great post footy career 'sport'. I bought a nice set of left handed clubs from some old dead left handers widow, stupid polyester pants, a fat wheeled trolly and I was off. I played every friday arvo for about a year, privately hating the experience but pretending I was having a hoot of a time, all the while thinking I'd eventually 'get it'. Then one particularly stinkin' hot Friday after hitting 9 on a par 3 on the fifth green it hit me that I was never going to like the f*#king game. I quietly put my putter in my bag and walked off the course without a word to my mates and adjourned to the golf club for a refreshing few beers while waiting for the boys to finish their 9 holes. Except for hitting a bucket of balls while pissed at the Tap Inn in Adelaide during the Clipsal 500 weekend earlier in the year(Adelaide guys will know what I mean, it's an unbelievable downtown pub with an inbuilt driving range..pretty cool), I've never been near a golf club since. Ironically the other guys I played with on Fridays have also chucked the stupid game in. I think they were privately thinking the same thing as me, pretending that they enjoyed chasing a f*#king ball around a paddock......I'd rather roll in dogshit than play golf.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 11:50:30 am by firko »

gator

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2009, 11:52:06 am »
love is in the air  :P

TooFastTim

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2009, 06:29:38 pm »
It's interesting to note that a few of the Metal Mulisha riders have recently become Christians and it will be interesting to see what will happen in the future with those Guys.

Jumpers for Jesus?

Crashers for Christ?

Mulisha for the Messiah?

Offline Hardex

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2009, 07:15:28 pm »
I had the privilege of meeting Greg Albertyn about 4 years ago who won the U.S. 250 Outdoor National Motocross championship and is a three-time World champion (once on a 125 and twice in the 250 class) and he is a Born again Christian like many in the motocross scene and he said that freestyle will have many Christians in it for the very reason wombat said "that they recognize there mortality" and Greg was right.Mike Metzger I think was the first to come out and confess his faith in the freestyle scene and he sure is accepted world wide even if he is a Christian.
If your into freestyle and you think Christians are uncool then check out these two ozy sites below.
Cheers.

http://www.jcepidemic.com
http://www.crossingthegap.com.au/

TooFastTim

« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2009, 07:20:07 pm »
Greg was a born again Christian at 12.

I wasn't ripping off the born agains just laughing at the irony.

Offline Hardex

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2009, 07:40:06 pm »
Yea thats cool TooFastTim i understand and it was very funny ;D