Author Topic: Freestyle  (Read 5660 times)

TooFastTim

Freestyle
« on: August 15, 2009, 11:35:18 am »
C'mon, lets hear your opinions of freestyle.

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
Re: Freestyle
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 11:41:20 am »
todays bikes are pretty good and have taken the sport in many directions, further than we could of imagined in some cases.
some of these blokes are extremely talented with what they can do and i can repect that although the "tattoo wanker boy" image of some of these fools has me a little miffed.
i don't think thats a good image for the kiddies y'know.
practise makes perfect,
get it wrong and it's a "big" lose...
"flat bickie"

firko

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 11:52:40 am »
Two words....Circus act. 

However.. I can't help but be impressed by Robbie Madisons performances and his 'good boy' image. I've also got a soft spot for Travis Pastramas unique talents but can't help thinking that the common sense/fear sector of his brain isn't operating at full capacity. Anyone who's seen the You Tube clip of him jumping from a 'plane dressed only in a pair of boardies, without a parachute will know what I mean. The rest of the tattooed, homeboy cokeheads do as much for my entertainment quota as a Lady Ga Ga gig. In other words, I think it's overhyped crap.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 12:06:51 pm by firko »

Offline vmxrider

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 01:30:28 pm »
Imagine the stress the parents and family of a freestyler go thru. Its really a matter of when, not if, something catastrophic happens.

Offline Viper79

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2009, 02:51:07 pm »
Firko hit the nail on the head, CIRCUS ACT
QA50 KO, XR75 K5 Race bike from VMBA days, XR400R1, CRF450R3, RM400T, DR650SE with off road adventure mods, MX360A, YZ400D, YZ465H, IT250H, 1985 Jawa 897 Slider, 2016 Jawa/GM Slider

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 04:00:22 pm »
Two words....Circus act. 

.............. I've also got a soft spot for Travis Pastramas unique talents but can't help thinking that the common sense/fear sector of his brain isn't operating at full capacity. Anyone who's seen the You Tube clip of him jumping from a 'plane dressed only in a pair of boardies, without a parachute will know what I mean.

Travis is an adrenaline junkie, if he keeps this sort of thing going he is not long for this world, my guess is that he will become a news item for the wrong reason
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 06:24:14 pm by Hoony »
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Curly3

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2009, 04:25:35 pm »
They lost me when they started deliberately destroying and burning good bikes.
It's been done to death and doesn't send out the right message to the youngsters.
They do have balls though but lacking in Grey Matter.

oldfart

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2009, 04:53:51 pm »
Just another form of entertainment ....... but not for me.

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2009, 05:47:36 pm »
Freestyle got motocross going again imo. It was great seeing all the tricks in the beginning and the cool vid's . These days it just doesn't keep my interest up for long. A few good tricks and im over it. The worst part of freestyle is the no style tats and piercings.  I think to myself, what are they going to think of themselves in 20 years. I hated the clothes i wore and the stupid hair styles i had in the eighties. Cant rub those tats off and the big holes in their ears wont close up. Betcha they will regret it!

magoo

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2009, 05:55:29 pm »
I'm with you Brad. When I saw my first backflip i thought it was awesome, same with the first Crusty Demons. Now that I've seen 2,874 Superman seatgrabs with a double overhead nac nac with a pike, I find it an absolute snorefest. As for stupid haircuts and clothes Brad, be careful, it wasn't just the eighties you were guilty, I saw you last weekend and nothing has changed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2009, 06:00:32 pm »
 :D I will pay that!
And you were looking like a million bucks.... in loose change. And whats with the hail damage on you legs? Dont girls get that? Doh, i just answered my own question!!!!

Offline number8

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2009, 06:06:59 pm »
Wasn't it once said, Freestyle is for Motocrosser's that cant ride around corners or could'nt make the top ten in MX

magoo

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2009, 06:13:28 pm »
I'll never live that photo down that Holeshot Buddy took at CD5, Bastard. It takes the focus off my rough melon and lack of riding ability I guess.

Offline TeeBone

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2009, 06:42:21 pm »
I once attended a Freestyle show and was impressed the FIRST time I saw a new trick - it got kinda old 5 minutes in when the same tricks were busted out. I don't deny the skill they have  (or the size of their over enlarged gonads), but I don't get the whole " I just fell into a fishing tackle box" look that they  HAVE to have to be "cool". Good luck to 'em, but it aint for me!
Destined to a life behind bars. A garage full of KTM's and a 73 CR 250M Honda....H7 250 Monty will be at Harrow!
A "never was" of the Nineties...

TooFastTim

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2009, 07:04:34 pm »
Crap! Got called out. Most of your opinions tie up with mine. But I'll give you my full, unvarnished, opinion later.