Author Topic: Father/Son and the VMX track back  (Read 8381 times)

oldfart

Re: Father/Son and the VMX track back
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2011, 05:55:52 pm »
Gary, have you been for a ride at exit 45  ;) I Drove passed yesterday after work  and noticed they have installed a gate  ;D

Offline oldskool

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2011, 06:26:52 pm »
nah went there and seen the gate and give it a miss went to coomera.but on the way home there were about 5-6 cars with trailers all parked at the gate.were the gate is there are also poles but the poles are about 4 feet apart so no drama getting a bike through and the riffle range rd entrance has big concrete walls placed all the way along the fence.i think its a bit risky going there as there trying everything to stop the riding there they've even dug trenches across some of the entrances to tracks wich makes it a bit dangerous as well.cheers gary

oldfart

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2011, 07:17:14 pm »
Had a squizzy at Coomera last week, too many dickheads for my liking, just wanted to do a few plug chops to check jetting .
I'm pretty sure the MRD still own all that land at exit 45 as it used to be the old golf course  ( Crystal / Pacific   Springs  come's to mind ) .....It's been a good spot to do test and tunes, as SFA people new about it and they  thought it was private property. ;)

« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 07:22:19 pm by oldfart »

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2011, 07:22:00 pm »
My 15 year daughter rides with me , she used to have a TTR 230 but she decided it was gutless and now rides my 09 YZ 250 2 stroke which she loves, She has never raced thou.
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline oldskool

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2011, 12:45:49 am »
i went in off foxwell rd today including me and my daughter there was only 7 bikes where we were and they had packed up and gone by 1.30 so unless we went over near the service rd we had the place to ourselves ;D.the one at exit 45 has a sign on the fence main roads for access to site call and a number.cheers gary

Offline oldskool

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2011, 12:50:55 am »
slakewell your daughter must be doing alright 15 and on a 250 2 stroke my 18 yo cant even sit on my 125 and touch the ground letalone hang on to one good on her good to see girls on dirt bikes.cheers gary

cheapracer

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2011, 05:00:25 am »
Some of the Brissy folk know I always took my 3 daughters out on the Saturday to set the tracks up and they were usually there on the Sunday scooting around on the ZR50 and the MTX50.

Should be more of it, ever noticed what little trouble teenagers who are involved with dirtbikes get into, if a few more parents took heed of little Johnny and his/her desire for a minibike it would save a lot of them bigger headaches just a few years later.

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2011, 08:42:21 am »
bloody hell i agree with cheap racer , kids invovled with bikes  keeps them busy,my boy is in an early vmx magazine at 15 ringing the nuts of his cr125m when Ray was over to stay with us in Unzud and the reason i still have a modern is to trail ride with him and his mates
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 01:31:08 pm by bazza »
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2011, 11:05:15 am »
slakewell your daughter must be doing alright 15 and on a 250 2 stroke my 18 yo cant even sit on my 125 and touch the ground letalone hang on to one good on her good to see girls on dirt bikes.cheers gary

She cant really touch the ground on it but that doesn't seem to bother her to much , watching your daughter ride and on a real bike and really give it some, sort of makes me uneasy as she is going to bloody fast. She has been riding since she was 4 on her older brother hand me down bikes even the XR 80 we had at first she used a step to stop and start from.
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline oldskool

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2011, 11:18:11 am »
even when i watch the 14 yo get on the rm 80 scares me.her bike wasn't going a few weeks ago so she came out with me and she took the 80 a fella about 17-18 was on a crf or xr 100 late model and tried to race her she flogged him.she came back and said did i see her beat him and then said i should go and ask him how it feels to have his ass handed to him by a 14 yo girl in front of all his mates ;D.cheers gary.

TM BILL

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2011, 08:02:10 pm »
I have been very fortunate to get to ride /race with my dad , my daughter , and my fiancee  ;D

Me and dad at a VMX in Christchurch a few years ago.

My dad on his weapon of choice  :) a modified TS 185M , he still has the original one he bought to commute to work in 1976  :)

Valeria on her Modified TF 125  :)

Jocelyn #199 1st senior meeting  (sorry not vintage )
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 08:15:27 pm by TM BILL »

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2011, 08:54:15 pm »
very cool Bill, the Mrs rides  8) (road bikes not me  >:()  just gotta work on the 2 munch-kins now.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2011, 01:56:08 pm »
Best is in the West !!

Offline Bamford#69

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2011, 03:48:17 pm »
Hi,
Is this some sort of record ;
Father and Son winning an Australian Classic Motocross title on the same day ,with  different bikes,
Robt Newman and son ( sorry forgotten his name )
anyone top that ?

Offline Kenneth S (222)

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
    • 24 Hour T-shirts
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2011, 03:55:25 pm »
I have found that not only has VMX renewed my intrest in the old MX bikes I use to ride. It has also given me an intrest to persue and enjoy, but more importantly it has brought my Son who is 23 and I closer together again after he had drifted away some time back. He run off the track a few years back getting himself mixed up in the wrong sorta crowd that got him going fast, and I'm not talking about going fast on a MotoX bike. I'm sure other Fathers/Parents can relate to what I'm talking about but thankfully I was able to rescue him from that scene and now we enjoy riding the RM400 that we restored together. In his words "Its f@#&king awsome" and I have to agree :D So I have a lot to be thankful about when it comes to VMX and its great to be able to talk to him again on a subject that we both enjoy. Trouble is, now I have to find another VMX bike to rebuild so we both have bikes, Kids hey there always ya kids no matter how old they get  ;D
What a great post! Happy for you oldmotoxer. I discovered VMX looking for a small motorbike for my son for his 9th birthday last year. On his 10th birthday this year, we had bought a PW80 for him, a 79 CR250 for me, a CZ 250 for my business partner, a new Navara Ute (you've got to have a good truck to tow the bikes with) and now we are restoring a wrecked horse trailer together and turning it into a Toy Hauler we can sleep in at the track. Not sure which kid is having more fun, the big one or the little one!
Kenneth S
Go For It

Heaven VMX Club - Racing No 222 - 79 CR250RZ - 84 CR250RE (Steam Train) - 89 CR250RK

Race Bike History
76 RM125A, 77 RM125B, 78 RM125C, RM400C, 79 CR250RZ, 80 YZ250G, 81 RM465X, 82-83 RM490 Frank Pons Special(Beetle's 81 Race Bike)