Author Topic: Father/Son and the VMX track back  (Read 8384 times)

TM BILL

Re: Father/Son and the VMX track back
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2011, 04:25:09 pm »
My Dad is here on holiday at the moment  :) took him and my Uncle on a twinshock trail ride on Sunday  :)

Dad had his TS 185 and Phil had my DT 125A   :) Phil had never ridden a motorbike before only a Vespa scooter in the 60s  :o
i had my PE 175

Combined age of 3 riders and 3 bikes was 291  ;D

Where we ended up  :D

« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 04:42:44 pm by TM BILL »

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2011, 05:19:07 pm »
Hey Bill,
The first photo shows the mighty HiAce in the carpark of the pub... and then the last photo shows the destination [same pub].

Not really much of a trail ride old son [not that there is anything wrong with that]. You should have just parked the van closer to the pub...
VMX42   ;D
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2011, 05:21:18 pm »
There's some good memories being made there Bill-I'll bet they had a ball, despite having to stomach the Tuis at the end. :D :D
Pretty flat trail ride-I thought there would be more hills but i 'spoes you've got to get off the platue-??

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2011, 05:56:58 pm »
Good stuff Bill, theres something to be said about just having a nice old trail ride on a nice old trail bike.....beats trying to ride flat out all the time.....ya Dad and Uncle would have loved that beer after then I spose it was off to Firko's Italian bride for a roast dinner.....ps...was the pub full of lumberjacks?
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2011, 08:53:39 pm »
Firko's Italian bride
More like my Italian step daughter ;D
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2011, 10:03:34 pm »
Hi,
Is this some sort of record ;
Father and Son winning an Australian Classic Motocross title on the same day ,with  different bikes,
Robt Newman and son ( sorry forgotten his name )
anyone top that ?

Not sure if this tops that, but father & son came 1st & 3rd in the Pre 70 class at the Broadford Nats.

12 – Dean Harraway came first while Brad Van Barrelo kept father Mick back in third.

Todays trivia…
Dean rode his Grandfathers CZ 360.
Eddie Spencer I think may have bought the CZ new, I know that he has had it since very early days.
I thought I saw Eddies name in a Hattah program somewhere but can’t find it now, it may have been a program that someone put up here.

Eddie passed away a few years back now but I know he would have been chuffed to see Dean win on his bike.
Eddie was a great bloke and ever the eccentric had his coffin taken from the church to the cemetery in the back of his own HG ute
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

TM BILL

« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2011, 07:26:34 am »
Jeff we went round the pub carpark 3 times  ;) Vaughn i kept the old boys pretty much on the flat stuff , my uncle had not ridden a bike before and today they are flying over to you for 7 weeks so i was under strict instructions not to bring the old boys back broken  ;D

Joan yea we had a few at that pub and another on the way home , then it was dinner at Portofino (I think we have been there when you blokes were over )

Firko Vale says hi and happy christmas  :) weddings on as soon as i stop wasting money on old bikes and replace the roof at home  ;D i tried to explain about priorities but it gets lost in translation  :)

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2011, 09:01:23 am »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2011, 09:37:34 am »
Dont worry Bill as you say you cant help it if its lost in translation....lol ;D ;D ;D
Merry xmas to you and Val ,crazy last few months and the Kiwi Klub Kevlar Kristmas Kards have not made the press.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 09:40:22 am by bazza »
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2011, 09:47:53 am »
Just tell her it's more important to have a "roof over her head" No need for translation there.

number 87

« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2011, 10:18:47 am »
I dont have kids and honestly dont like much about the "current crop" . . . . But really refreshing to hear these stories.

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2011, 12:04:30 pm »
My Dad is here on holiday at the moment... took him and my Uncle on a twinshock trail ride on Sunday

Dad had his TS 185 and Phil had my DT 125A... Phil had never ridden a motorbike before only a Vespa scooter in the 60s...
i had my PE 175

New Zealand's first vinduro!  ;)

Tex