Author Topic: North V's South  (Read 6402 times)

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
North V's South
« on: October 18, 2007, 08:10:35 pm »
Will its time for the annual North V's South VMX meeting over here in Kiwi land. On the Sunday the 21 Oct the rivalry will be in full throttle. Maybe next year some Ozzies would like to show up and make it a Tri Nations of VMX  ;D.
Anyway if ya want some photos I'll try to get some and post them up, (only if we win though) ;D ;D.
If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

mx250

Re: North V's South
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 08:57:58 pm »
Maybe next year some Ozzies would like to show up and make it a Tri Nations of VMX  ;D.
The moment an Ozzie turned up all north/south rivalry would be forgotten and it would be a 't-bone the Ozzie' contest with trophies for 'most t-bones', 'best t-bone', 'most spectacular t-bone', 'best injury causing t-bone', 'funniest t-bone' etc  ;) :D ;D

Rosco400

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 09:06:41 pm »
Yeah the kiwis are still hurting over the 58-0 thumping last sunday ;D, t bone the ozzie could well be on the cards :o :D :D

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 04:39:15 am »
What do ya mean we are still hurting over the thumping ;). We're still sore about the underarm bowling ;D

T-bone a ozzie, na we wouldnt do that ;), maybe a little block pass :D.  It is all on next weekend over in Melbourne with the Oceania MX, I think Bill is heading over to watch.

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 05:57:30 am »
tie a lamb chop on the back of your bike you will never get beaten :P
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 06:15:41 am by paul »

Offline Maicojames

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 06:31:24 am »
Maybe next year some Ozzies would like to show up and make it a Tri Nations of VMX  ;D.
The moment an Ozzie turned up all north/south rivalry would be forgotten and it would be a 't-bone the Ozzie' contest with trophies for 'most t-bones', 'best t-bone', 'most spectacular t-bone', 'best injury causing t-bone', 'funniest t-bone' etc  ;) :D ;D

That never happens in the US, we only have one award- for the most quantitiy of the best, most spectacular and funniest T--bone which caused the most injury.
Life is suddenly very Monaro

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2007, 11:04:08 am »
Sounds Good DJ make sure we get some pics its coming in to a dry summer and i would like to remember what is like to ride on the green stuff. I'm trying to get down to Barrabool too , We recently raced there (viper) and the track was great should be good. Is Coppins riding ?.
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2007, 06:16:42 pm »
 DJ mate, I heard the South won by around 15 points, nothing as yet on vmx livewire, and no pix from you, does this mean you live in the North ? The silence is deafening....
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

TM BILL

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2007, 07:16:27 pm »
This event is unique  ::) in so much as no one gets to see any lap scoring or points until the end of the event , when the North is anually informed YOU LOST BUT NOT BY MUCH  ;)
I was not able to make it this year but by all accounts it was a very social event and a bit dissapointing for the missguided people who thought the North might be in with a chance ::)
Hope to make it next year ;D

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2007, 08:08:52 pm »
Yes the South won but the weekend was great. The after match function was a blast and finished at a very late 5am in the morning when the refreshments finally ran out. The walk home took 5 times as long ;D
I will post some photos up of the racing tomorrow as I'm a bit tired tonight ;D ;D

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2007, 08:08:58 am »
Close racing was the order of the day and the South Island took the trophy in the last race.

The North Island team wore the yellow racing bibs that were surplied by our team captian Mike

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2007, 08:15:37 am »
Team Talk........

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2007, 10:17:57 am »
Great stuff,nice photos...but I couldn't help me self !!!...How come those white creatures in the back ground where not included in the team talk.?? :D ;D  :D;D ;D
Best is in the West !!

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2007, 10:30:49 am »
Those white creatures in the back-ground had there own team-talk and came up with...."and they call us 'sheep' yet they are the ones following each other around a paddock".  ;) ;D

Offline VMX Andrew

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2007, 08:10:18 pm »
awesome pics djracing....you guys across the pond have got the best tracks on this planet....just picture perfect lush green paddocks with moist soil..bye the way have you started on that yz250h yet....  ;D