Author Topic: early days, You may see yourself  (Read 72531 times)

Offline ba-02-xr

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: early days, You may see yourself
« Reply #240 on: July 11, 2009, 09:08:07 AM »
I am loving thes pics. Just about all are way before me (71 model). 1 thing I have noticed that is realy sad is that club days these day are more serious than world titles were.

Offline TC91

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 11, 2009, 10:59:13 AM »
More info from photo no 4. Bloke sitting behind the greeves with the ciggy is Les McEncroe, bloke standing next to dad with his arms folded is Jim Davies

Offline TC91

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 11, 2009, 11:43:52 AM »
More info on photo no 4, kid leaning on the fence post could be Cled's son Brynn, and possibly in photo no 7 and this is out of left field mum thinks the bird leaning on the EH ute could be her and taken at Maryborough. The plot thickens

firko

« Reply #243 on: July 11, 2009, 12:10:20 PM »
I'm loving these photos too. It's just prior to my era but it's these bikes that inspired me to want to race MX (Scrambles then) Seeing that these photos are mostly Victorian I don't recognise anyone except my old friend Brian Clarke doing his semi naked skinny boy wheelie.  ;D. If thats your mum leaning against the ute Tony it's an FB/EK. The old fella next to the EH is way too ugly to be your darling mum ;D

Jumbo

« Reply #244 on: July 11, 2009, 04:26:19 PM »
This pic was taken a Wallan at the Rahier meeting there, 15th of November 1975.
Who are these guys?
PS. I don't know either!

« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 04:37:08 PM by Jumbo »

Jumbo

« Reply #245 on: July 11, 2009, 04:36:11 PM »
This one is pretty easy, but it's a bloody good photo!

albrid-3

« Reply #246 on: July 11, 2009, 07:25:11 PM »

Who are these dare devils

Jumbo

« Reply #247 on: July 11, 2009, 07:40:57 PM »
I know we have had a pic of this guy. But here is another a little clearer. His name is Ohzeki Masanori. A wild rider from Japan, part of the Suzuki team at Wallan.

Jumbo

« Reply #248 on: July 11, 2009, 07:52:07 PM »

Who are these dare devils

Don't know #15 but the guys in white are Bert Neville and Dennis Parker. Interesting story about that chair they are riding. It is a 650 Yamaha powered Wasp, but Bert took it out to the largest big bore kit he could find, then cut the cam in half and made up his own electronic ignition. Rewelded the cam, changed some lobe angles, and had it firing as a single! The pistons on this engine both came up at the same time, one on overlap, so when all the work had been done it was firing on both cylinders at the same time. Vibrated like all get out! But pulled out of a corner like a train!

albrid-3

« Reply #249 on: July 11, 2009, 10:38:49 PM »
very interesting jim, bert is a clever man, would like to see him back with us riding.

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 11, 2009, 10:47:09 PM »
do any off you young fellars  remember a guy who raced a bultaco outfit his name was bob macdoner  or sililar .in the early 70

Offline number8

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 12, 2009, 10:18:42 AM »
Albrid,

#15 on the Sidecare is Terry Graham,rider and the passenger is Mark Waller,V on the Bultaco is Vic Allan,The Maico rider is Per Klitland

Offline number8

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 12, 2009, 10:36:06 AM »
Paul,

Yes I remember him,he is still around riding Vintage Road Race solo's My Dad said he went to his 100th party not long back ;D

firko

« Reply #253 on: July 12, 2009, 12:25:41 PM »
Great picture of my old mate Per Klitland. I'm writing a lengthy piece on Per that's becoming so long I may as well turn it into a book. He's had a very interesting life. I wouldn't mind using the photo if it's available Dave?

Number 16 on the Montesa may well be Michel Coombes from France who came here a couple of times. He was extremely fast but got busted in a big cocaine import deal and did some serious gaol time in France, ending his career just as he was entering the GPs as a factory Montesa rider.

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 12, 2009, 02:24:02 PM »
number 8 ,that amazeing i remember all  off those guys like it was yesterday the all you to hang around a old golden fleece sevice station in east doncaster owned by bluey clackson were i work pumping petrol when i was a kid .they all use to race anything that had wheels and a engine we would go to some kind off race meeting every weekend either be it scrambles, rally cross , speedway, romsey grass track ,brooklyn ,redline race way, wallan it was great times especialy hanging off the chair of bluey clarkson bsa 500 at 3am test session down the main road to see if it was running ok for the following day