Author Topic: CD6 free for all  (Read 48443 times)

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
Re: CD6 free for all
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2009, 06:01:50 pm »
ok stew, it would be good if you could post some up here http://endurobiketalk.com/forum/
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

211kawasaki

« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2009, 06:16:16 pm »
To Ken , Alister and all the Sunshine Crew thanks from me for a great weekend. To Mark, AJ, Chippy, Frank, Bill and all the rest of you - OK you too Walter a big thanks for making it a party on Friday night. KK out did itself.

Has to have been one of the most memorable bike weekends I have had in all my 38 years riding. Cant wait to do it again.

Dave T

mainline

« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2009, 06:20:35 pm »
Hey  Vandy, rumour has it you where the only site with onsite water

That was classic. I turned up just as Vandy and YZ250H (YZHilly denied any involvement) had finished setting up a tarp as an awning off the side of Vandy's trailer. As I pulled in Vandy says, "park the ute over this boggy bit of ground so that people don't walk through it all the time"

Half an hour later, we're standing around having a beer and someone looks at the "boggy" patch of ground and notices that water is actually bubbling out of the ground. It turns out that of the thousand or so tent pegs that were driven in the weekend, YZ250H (the Human Divining Rod) managed to put one straight through a water pipe.

Luckily there were a few plumbers among the punters on hand (I think Oldfart supervised) and the problem was sorted by the time Vandy and I got back from our stroll around the compound ;D ;D

Macca#35

« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2009, 08:28:55 pm »
What a fantastic weekend. Great bikes, Great weather and sensational people. It was a long way from home but it was worth it. It was great to meet a few people from the forum, and what can you say about those mad kiwi's, what a keen bunch of blokes.
To Hoony, thanks for the text message, and yes we did talk about you and said you where weak as pi-- for not going. The only reason we did not ring you as there was no service at the track unless you were with telstra.
The band once again was sensational and had a great time dancing and making a dick of myself, Bruce Mac didnt relise I was dancing he thought I was having a fit.
Cant wait till the next one
Macca

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2009, 10:23:01 pm »
Yep, I can't add anything more. A fanbloodytastic weekend. Just in the door a little while ago and unloaded all the crap and now browsing all the pics on here.

Words can't describe it all... Beautiful setting, good weather, ripper tracks, great bikes, fantastic people etc etc. The highlight was seeing the Legends on the track (if you were there on Sunday, you got an extra treat - Gally and Ballard at it), but really everything else was tops too.

Hanging with our crew, checking out the bikes (so many brilliantly restored bikes!), meeting so many forum regulars (and DJRacing and TMBill again), riding on the tracks, the lovely ladies at the canteen (especially the lovely ladies at the canteen), the band on Saturday night... it just goes on.   A HUGE Thank You to all involved in making this another outrageously successful Classic Dirt event.

Here's a few pics from the weekend.

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2009, 10:38:26 pm »
jealousy is a curse - I am thinking miss the Nats next year and visit CD7?????  Seriously looks good from where I sit!

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2009, 10:43:55 pm »
has anyone got any close up pics of that Can Am bike #110 ?

whats those stack of yellow tyres for behind all the suzukis lined up?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 10:47:31 pm by LWC82PE »
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2009, 10:46:43 pm »
jealousy is a curse - I am thinking miss the Nats next year and visit CD7?????  Seriously looks good from where I sit!

Rossco

Book the seats next to you for me and the feral photographer, she'd go mad there, well madder
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline JC

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2009, 08:26:47 am »
#110 Canam as requested

Offline JC

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2009, 08:28:55 am »
Cookies' GP2 Phantom

Offline JC

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2009, 08:30:30 am »
Cherry cheney-cz

Offline JC

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2009, 08:33:20 am »
Nicest XL-s I ever did see. Thanks Peter. Great taste, great job & great to meet you

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2009, 08:33:43 am »
Quote :Firko's B&S 400 'zuki looking unique as.   page 2

What year is that tank on the B&S ?
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline JC

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2009, 08:38:26 am »
Ji's CZ. Very nice  - I wish I'd had more time to keep talking Rob. I still 'boggle' at you removing 15Kg! Careful attention to detail.

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2009, 08:47:40 am »
Hey  Vandy, rumour has it you where the only site with onsite water  ;D ;D ;D
i think Mainline worded it pretty well but how bloody unlikely was that? in all the acres of paddock that played host to CD6, YZ250H {not mentioning any names ;D} drives a peg straight through a polly water pipe and yes Stu, a big thanks to you and the boys for digging it up and fixing it but i swear, that tent peg was 263mm long tops! so if you had to dig any deeper than that then there must've been foul play involved.

whats those stack of yellow tyres for behind all the suzukis lined up?
Lieth, forum member Basil has these tyres for sale at a good price. thats his little "for sale" stash.

Cookies' GP2 Phantom
that was right next to where we were set up JC.
Cookie, a nicer fella you wouldn't meet. he helped us out with setting up/packing up, always had a freindly word etc a great bloke.
and it was good to catch up with you too JC even if it took us a few moments to work out who each other was. i'll dig up those websites we discussed and send them over in the next day or so.
 :)
"flat bickie"