Author Topic: Pre 60,65 ,70,75 Track at the Nationals  (Read 8408 times)

Offline Bamford#69

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Pre 60,65 ,70,75 Track at the Nationals
« on: April 26, 2009, 08:10:46 pm »
Hi
Does the Sunshine MC or QVMX club have a plan for a different track to be used at the Australian Classic Titles,for the limited travel vintage MXers ,(pre 60, 65, 70, 75.) or will they be required to compete on the Modern MX track .

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
Re: Pre 60,65 ,70,75 Track at the Nationals
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 08:36:13 pm »
http://ozvmx.com/community/index.php?topic=5171.45

topic slightly covered in another thread Michael,
i've heard all sorts but am lead to believe it'll be the one track for simplicity in running the event.
i've heard the drunks hill jump will be filled in so if it's short jumped there'll be less of a crunch.
just have to wait and see on the day...... one could always "back-off" the throttle a touch ;)
"flat bickie"

Offline Bamford#69

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 08:52:12 pm »
Hi,
Thanks, Yes topic "slightly covered" , I was hoping for an "Official" reply  to clarify the unofficial rumours that no changes will be made to accommodate the short travel ,ie; 7 inch front, 4 inch rear  bikes

« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 08:56:51 pm by jikov »

Offline NSR

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 10:38:30 pm »
Jikov
At this time it is planed to have one track.
We will be working on a track layout that will suit both.  Really the layout and even the jumps are not the hard part, surface preparation is the thing that has me thinking. 
If it was a Modern national I would disc the whole track then water the hell out of it for three days and say bring on the ruts.  This national the we need the surface to stay intack and not get dust.
we're working on it.
Sorry that as "official" as any one can get at this very early stage.
Noel         
The Swvm though the tree's! http://youtu.be/4h6BbasT16I
Metalink Conondale vinduro sprint. May 19/20 2018    
www.metalink.net.au  Bike trailers & Canopies

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 11:11:33 pm »
Can I suggest that the Evo (and pre-78! :o ) guys will generally be a lot happier riding a track with no (or small) jumps, than the older bike riders will be on a track with big jumps.

Really, we hear a lot about how the long travel VMX riders want big jumps, but I am yet to meet anyone with an Evo bike who likes a lot of big jumps.
Apart from anything else, the VMX Nationals will bring out a lot of older bodies and less talented/fearless riders than the modern titles do, so I reckon they should be catered for.
The fast guys will still win...

But hey, everyone tells me that Conondale is all great for VMX, so now I'm wondering how big/scary the track really is?!

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 12:18:18 am »
There were plenty of pre 75 bikes riding at the Conondale classic last year and they were having no problem at all with the jumps in the full course being too large or dangerous.  As usual, a lot of the issue is how the rider tackles them, not the jumps themselves being inherently nasty.

Conondale makes up for a lot of jumps by having some great elevation changes when the track goes up and down the hills they have there.

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 04:00:54 am »
Nathan has my vote for president  ;D - same thing at Tassie - suitable for the older bikes and maybe a little too easy for the "younger" bikes but obviously (coz of what I ride) the more preferable of the two options.

cheers

Rossco

PS I also agree that more "non Nats" riders turn up for the social event in VMX than those that race for sheep stations I think?
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Sun Prarie Jimmy

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 09:31:58 am »
Old Jungle saying: He who build track for A graders get plenty A graders to race meeting. He who build track for slow fella get everybody to race meeting.

husky61

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 11:39:43 am »
Connondale is a great track for all types of rides , pre-70 right through to pre-85.

I firmly beleive that if all MX circuits were this user friendly we would be alot better off.

Generally there are only two large jumps and both of these are not to bad , especially the much talked about Drunks Hill , once you get your head around the blind lead up to the exit of the jump its all good.

Offline Bamford#69

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2009, 03:46:31 pm »
Hi ,
I was hoping to get an official  answer / response to the question ; will there be a track change to suit the pre 60,65,70,75, group of bikes ?, from either the Sunshine MX club or QVMX ,
I understand there will be a track change to suit pre 70 at CD6,

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2009, 04:58:58 pm »
Jikov
At this time it is planed to have one track.
We will be working on a track layout that will suit both.  Really the layout and even the jumps are not the hard part, surface preparation is the thing that has me thinking. 
If it was a Modern national I would disc the whole track then water the hell out of it for three days and say bring on the ruts.  This national the we need the surface to stay intack and not get dust.
we're working on it.
Sorry that as "official" as any one can get at this very early stage.
Noel        
Best is in the West !!

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009, 10:11:21 pm »
i am with shoey and ajay ;)
the track is fine
people forget that the tracks ridden on back in the
seventys were rougher than this
and they were never prepared before a meeting
bring it on ;D
follow me to first turn

Offline NSR

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2009, 10:16:51 pm »
Jikov
I'm not sure what you want ???  This is the nationals not CD.  I'm not trying to avoid the question, but this is as official as your going to get at this stage.

We are working on having one track.

I'm The VP of the Sunshine coast MCC and along with a small team have played a major part in setting out and Preping most of the tracks at Conondale in the last 15Yrs.
Noel

The Swvm though the tree's! http://youtu.be/4h6BbasT16I
Metalink Conondale vinduro sprint. May 19/20 2018    
www.metalink.net.au  Bike trailers & Canopies

lucien

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2009, 12:24:27 pm »

Seen the track looked good for Aust mx racing ,sure is gunna brake a few pre 75 bikes,and maybe a few old bones to boot, i'm going to cd6 tho

Offline Bamford#69

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2009, 12:45:56 pm »
Hi
I think its a great track, always well prepared , but if  you ask the pre 75 Guys who go real fast, they do bend forks ,blow shocks ,break spokes, even at my slow speed Iv'e blown two sets of rears and bent two set of forks  I,m not going fast enough to break spokes .  I know some will say just ride to the track conditions,
 I agree with the comments  sun prarie jimmy "build the track to suit the fast guys only the fast guys are happy" ,(and maybe only the fast guys will enter)
I'll be going regardless  
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 12:48:12 pm by jikov »